• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh this looks neat, I want to try it out when I can. I would be interested to see how you guys pulled it off. :)

Really looking forward to it, will wait to buy darkest hour untill this mod is out for dh.

tried 1,1 at a friends and i must say it`s looking very very good:)

1.1 will get some extra content and will have the release title of 2.0 for DH. After that, we (okay, mostly Sword and Vlad) will find ways to use the new features of the game.

Excellent, really looking forward to that now, and will be trying 1.1 for Doomsday to get me in the mood :cool:

I have been playing the Arma mod and I love it! I can't wait to play this in DH!

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone. Yes, we definitely need more Spider Science. How bizarre and wonderful!

I didn't know you can adjust the ratio of IC to tech teams in DH. What a great feature. I'm looking forward to all the benefits that DH can bring to this mod. Vlad will be reworking minister traits. I look forward to those.

As to the map, well, I plan to port the mod over first and then we can see what is possible. I will be relying on Brother Gukan for most of the map work. Let's see how much he is prepared to do.

I have started the conversion process. As mentioned, the DH conversion will be 2.0 of the mod. We will add new features as we go further in future versions. I had planned to have this ready by DH release but it wasn't destined. Real life got in the way.

I've posted a thread to start an MP session for 1.1.5. If anyone is interested, head on over here:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?534505-The-Wastelands-are-calling

Cheers,
Sword

Something has gone wrong. I did the port to DH following the easy, step by step instructions for doing so. Darkest Hour crashes before the scenario screen even loads.

- The file savedebug.txt shows that the map loads but that's it; the game crashes immediately after. Comparing this to a normal savedebug.txt shows that the game engine should load units next.
- I did an experiment with removing the mod's \db\units\ folder and same result.
- I removed the mod's \map\ folder and same result.
- I followed the steps for adapting the mod to DH exactly, though there are two areas which might be slightly deviating from the instructions. I have not yet consolidated all the custom text for the mod into \config\mods.csv. FODD has a lot of custom text placed into the normal HOI2 text files. So I have left files in place such as \config\doomsdaytext.csv, for example. Also, I copied the TC_icons.bmp from the mod over the top of the new version in DH. I made sure I kept the same expanded size of the new icon strip image file when I saved it.

This is a big set back for my efforts to convert FODD. Fallout's Doomsday is a full conversion of the normal game. I can see how easy it is to port normal mods to Darkest Hour, and it's a great effort by the DH team. However, my mod crashes. Could someone from DH please help me isolate what the problem is?

Thanks in advance,
Sword

Maybe they just want to play your mod? :D