• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hirz

Lt. General
4 Badges
Sep 14, 2011
  • Darkest Hour
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
Hi there,

I've recetly bought AOD - always played Darkest Hour, however the supply logic of AOD makes this game very interesting although the map looks a bit old!

I was wondering if there are events for Fall Gelb and Babarossa? I took a look at the event files, but couldn't find anything so far. Am I supposed to start the war by myself?

Regardless of the side you picked, Fall Gelb starts with Germany and France at war and Barbarossa start with Russia the Axis at war. You just need to maneuver your units to attack.

Glad that you bought AoD. There's a huge new release being ran and testing currently. You might want to look at development threads showing some of the updates.

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry if I was unclear... Actually I was wondering whether I have to declare war by myself or if there is a certain event, which will trigger by the actual date of invasion. The latter was the case for Operation Weserübung (9th of April '40). However, I did not receive any event on Fall Gelb (10th of May '40) nor on Barbaross (21st of July '41), which would declare war on the low countries or the UdSSR.

I checked AoD 1.12 version (latest production release) and all you need to do is start attacking or defending. Both Battler Scenarios start with a both sides at war with each other.

As for Operation Weserübung, I guessing that's a specific CORE Battle Scenario since AoD doesn't have it. I can't help with that one.

Sorry if I was unclear... Actually I was wondering whether I have to declare war by myself or if there is a certain event, which will trigger by the actual date of invasion. The latter was the case for Operation Weserübung (9th of April '40). However, I did not receive any event on Fall Gelb (10th of May '40) nor on Barbaross (21st of July '41), which would declare war on the low countries or the UdSSR.
Sorry if this is too late, but for the main game, there are no events for Fall Gelb or Barbarossa, you as the Germany player get to decide when to launch both. The diplomatic options are endless, although your AI opponents might respond to any ahistoric aggression.