• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I s'pose having 1000 hours clocked on EUIV I should put something in here..

If you want a grand strat game with good value for money, this is it. The base game + all DLCs has cost me around $90 AUD thus far; at my current hourly rate of pay that's about 5 hours worth of work invested in to this just buying this game. Having just reached 1000 hours of playing means that for every hour I spent working to earn the money required to purchase I spent 200 hours actually playing the game; The only other game which has been so 'worth it' in terms of time for me is Dota 2 (800 hours for the low low price of free).

Reactions:
Bought EUIV on Steam with all three expansions plus DLC for £19. Just could not resist at that price. Just started my first came as Castile, not a very original choice I know, but just getting myself better acquainted with the game before trying same different nations. Absolutely loving it, I just know 100's of hours are going to get poured into this game.

Just seen the Art of War trailer on YouTube, first time I ever watched an advert on YouTube without skipping as soon as it got to 5 seconds. I know that's not really a review of the game, but the advert for the expansion got me so hooked I actually watched a YouTube advert! If that doesn't tell you how good this game already is then that says more about you than about me :) 10/10

Just seen the Art of War trailer on YouTube, first time I ever watched an advert on YouTube without skipping as soon as it got to 5 seconds. I know that's not really a review of the game, but the advert for the expansion got me so hooked I actually watched a YouTube advert! If that doesn't tell you how good this game already is then that says more about you than about me :) 10/10

Finally Google analyzed your consumer patterns enough so the ads are not annoying any more. Congrats! Another option is to turn ads off and find trailers yourself.

I need help.
I have been playing EUIV since it first came out, and with every DLC and every expansion paradox keeps adding to it keeps me playing this accursed game day after day without tiring. It has robbed me of many, many precious hours of sleep and outside time, and it continues to do so even now. Be warned, do not get EUIV or any of its expansions if you value having life that does not involve playing EUIV for hours, days, weeks, months and years. I must now return to the game as it has finished loading.