EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If I form Byzantium as Muscovy, can I get the Byz related achievements ?
No.

In general if you want to know if you can get an achievement after forming another country, have a look at the achievements list in the wiki. If the country is in the "Starting conditions" column, you have to start as the country. If the country is in the "Completion requirements" column, you have to be that country at the moment that you get the achievement.

Reactions:
Currently doing a Timurids to Persia run to get Persian achievements.

For some reason, in the achievements tab, "This is Persia" is not showing as a viable achievement. Is there a reason for this? Can I still get it? Would be bummed if I got the Persian mission tree one (that one shows fine) and not This Is Persia.

Currently doing a Timurids to Persia run to get Persian achievements.

For some reason, in the achievements tab, "This is Persia" is not showing as a viable achievement. Is there a reason for this? Can I still get it? Would be bummed if I got the Persian mission tree one (that one shows fine) and not This Is Persia.
It is only shown if one of the following is true:
  • culture group is iranian
  • culture is Azerbaijani
  • tag is Persia
  • tag is Eranshahr
But it only has the common starting requirements, so it will become visible once you form Persia or get one of the eligible cultures.

It is only shown if one of the following is true:
  • culture group is iranian
  • culture is Azerbaijani
  • tag is Persia
  • tag is Eranshahr
But it only has the common starting requirements, so it will become visible once you form Persia or get one of the eligible cultures.
I am Persia now with Persian as the primary culture, but it doesn't show? I'm on 1.36.1 cause Mac.

I am Persia now with Persian as the primary culture, but it doesn't show? I'm on 1.36.1 cause Mac.
Do you still see the King of Kings achievement? They have the same starting requirements. Then the only reason why you could not see the This is Persia achievement would be that you already have it.

There was a fix in 1.36.2:

- "This Is Persia" now can be completed if you are Eranshahr.

There was a fix in 1.36.2:

- "This Is Persia" now can be completed if you are Eranshahr.
But this doesn't affect the visibility. The problem in 1.36.1 was that it required Persia to own the provinces, even though it already allowed the player to be Eranshahr

Do you still see the King of Kings achievement? They have the same starting requirements. Then the only reason why you could not see the This is Persia achievement would be that you already have it.
Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 22.21.34.png

I am so stupid :). Forgot I had it.

Thanks.

Besides that... the only other thing I can think of would be if Travis did not culture shift but released and played as that released nation...

Edit: Ah, already having it explains it :D

I'm not sure if this suits quick question and quick answer:

I'm currently trying to get a decent run going as sweden here. If i want to dominate militarily while having good economy what ideas should I take?
I'm thinking something like Innovative (i'm bad at managing mana so yes), Quality, Trade/Economic (I cant choose this or should I just go offensive?).

For opening: I'm thinking of actually doing something like, Independence -> Vasselize Nov -> Recon Nov cores from muscovy with Poland/Lith -> Get Livonian,Riga,Gotland -> PU Norway -> Fight Scotland -> Fight English? For this kind of openning I'm quite unsure of when I should start betraying Poland/Lith because if I am their allies then it would be hard to get the Danzig area.

Yea I quit playing this game like 6 years ago so i really have no clue about much of the meta so if someone can give me quick reply that would be great

I’d consider admin and diplo. You’ll save tons of admin and diplo mana which can be pumped into development. I’m not an expert at trade but in my experience, the extra dev is usually worth more income than tax/trade bonuses; but obviously, this is a bit situational. Extra mana into devving up will also allow you to embrace institutions faster which will make innovative pretty worthless (it does have some nice policies though).

I'm not sure if this suits quick question and quick answer:

I'm currently trying to get a decent run going as sweden here. If i want to dominate militarily while having good economy what ideas should I take?
I'm thinking something like Innovative (i'm bad at managing mana so yes), Quality, Trade/Economic (I cant choose this or should I just go offensive?).

For opening: I'm thinking of actually doing something like, Independence -> Vasselize Nov -> Recon Nov cores from muscovy with Poland/Lith -> Get Livonian,Riga,Gotland -> PU Norway -> Fight Scotland -> Fight English? For this kind of openning I'm quite unsure of when I should start betraying Poland/Lith because if I am their allies then it would be hard to get the Danzig area.

Yea I quit playing this game like 6 years ago so i really have no clue about much of the meta so if someone can give me quick reply that would be great
My first question would be - do you want to colonize?

If yes, how exactly? As quick possible, sometime later, only indirectly via conquering, or not at all?

It reads as if you want to blob but also integrate quite a few nations. If so, Admin/Influence or Admin/Diplo maybe good options. Maybe Aristocratic next, to get both more diplo and military options.

My first question would be - do you want to colonize?

If yes, how exactly? As quick possible, sometime later, only indirectly via conquering, or not at all?

It reads as if you want to blob but also integrate quite a few nations. If so, Admin/Influence or Admin/Diplo maybe good options. Maybe Aristocratic next, to get both more diplo and military options.
Right, I'm not really sure what my play style is. I kinda just want to fight well lol. That's why I was thinking Innovative because it allows me to get power cost reduction, war exhaustion reduction, innovative increase, and go well with quality to stack infantry ability. Then I will probably go trade to snowball the baltic trade + lubeck trade nodes.

I would probably just get offensive or expansion as my 4th ideas.

I think the problem is that I wanted it all but then realise that colonization is pretty boring so I'll just use the colonist from swedish mission on Canada provinces.
Basically I kinda first just want to blob to secure eastern europe and Lubec in my side which means i have to fight poland and HRE. Then I probably have to fight the english because they probably wants my stuffs from Norway.

Basically the game is to blob and then focus on internal development etc.

I’d consider admin and diplo. You’ll save tons of admin and diplo mana which can be pumped into development. I’m not an expert at trade but in my experience, the extra dev is usually worth more income than tax/trade bonuses; but obviously, this is a bit situational. Extra mana into devving up will also allow you to embrace institutions faster which will make innovative pretty worthless (it does have some nice policies though).
Yea I thought about this too. But trade in Baltics+Lubec is really lucrative lol.

For the purposes of forming a nation like the United States, which loses you all territory and subjects in the old world: do trade protectorates count? What about trade league members?

Maybe a bit of a weird question, but are there any mechanics that prevent rebel progress in AI countries, other than unrest reductions in the form of revanchism and 'national defense'?

Yesterday I tried playing as one of the Chinese Kingdom nations for their mission tree and released and played as a vasal of Ming. With Mandate at 0, stability at -3, devastation everywhere due to double bankrupt, 0 manpower and no ability no hire mercs, no rebels spawned. None. I waited for 10 years and not a single rebel stack spawned. I'm not sure why. When clicking on their neighbouring provinces I could clearly see there was unrest in their provinces, varying from 7-25.

Rebels only spawned in very low quantities after more than 10 years, but by that time Ming was being invaded by the Oirat's (with whom I made a truce of 10 years), Dai Viet and Chagatai, hurting my ability to unify China quickly.