EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do I get Revanchism as an ally of the nation that lost provinces in a war? I just noticed I have 9 Revanchism after Ottomans took 2-3 provinces from Mamluks (my ally) in a recent war (same peacedeal), but they didn't take anything from me (unless I missed some core return).

Do I get Revanchism as an ally of the nation that lost provinces in a war? I just noticed I have 9 Revanchism after Ottomans took 2-3 provinces from Mamluks (my ally) in a recent war (same peacedeal), but they didn't take anything from me (unless I missed some core return).
You should gain any if you didn't lose any land. Also core return or releasing a tag doesn't generate revanchism, check if maybe they took one of your provinces?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is this mission from England/GB bug? I completed a lot of Burghers agendas (from Summon the Diet action) but it didn't seem to progress.

1713881289834.png

Is this mission from England/GB bug? I completed a lot of Burghers agendas (from Summon the Diet action) but it didn't seem to progress.
It works for me. Are you maybe playing with mods?

Quick question regarding my angevin empire run:
I'm close to triggering the english civil war and I am emperor of the hre with erbkaisertum passed and have several PUs.
Can I side with the parliament to get the angevin monarchy later on or will that remove me as emperor / remove my PUs? I read in a few posts that you can become a republic once Erbkaisertum is passed, but saw another thread where someone complained that they lost their vassal swarm due to switching in the english civil war, so I am not sure what to do as I do not want to mess up my Ironman save.

Quick question regarding my angevin empire run:
I'm close to triggering the english civil war and I am emperor of the hre with erbkaisertum passed and have several PUs.
Can I side with the parliament to get the angevin monarchy later on or will that remove me as emperor / remove my PUs? I read in a few posts that you can become a republic once Erbkaisertum is passed, but saw another thread where someone complained that they lost their vassal swarm due to switching in the english civil war, so I am not sure what to do as I do not want to mess up my Ironman save.
You cannot become a republic and remain Emperor. You must form the HRE first, which would switch out your missions.

You cannot become a republic and remain Emperor. You must form the HRE first, which would switch out your missions.
So if I want to stay emperor I have to side with the royalists to become an Absolute British Monarchy and becoming an Angevin Monarchy is not possible, right?
What if I didn't pass Erbkaisertum, could I play through the disaster, lose emperorship and get reelected after becoming an Angevin Monarchy - what would happen to my PUs in that case?

For reining in Italy, do Italian countries that have lost a war to the Emperor before the Shadow Kingdom incident happens count as reined in?

Yes they do. I am not sure if you need to do a separate peace deal with them or just peace out the main war enemy though. You should be able to see the current state when you hover over the decision.

No mod at all. I have all DLC except for Origins, don't know if that's the cause. I tried starting a new game and completed a burghers agenda right away but still nothing.
Completing one burgher agenda is not visible in the tooltip, because it only shows if you have completed at least 3. There is no display for the number of completed agendas. If you post your save, I can have a look at it to see how many burgher agendas have been completed in it.

Reactions:
Completing one burgher agenda is not visible in the tooltip, because it only shows if you have completed at least 3. There is no display for the number of completed agendas. If you post your save, I can have a look at it to see how many burgher agendas have been completed in it.
Thank you. Here's my save file. I don't remember exactly how many agendas I've completed.

Attachments

• Great_Britain1529_01_01.eu4
    7,3 MB · Views: 0
Thank you. Here's my save file. I don't remember exactly how many agendas I've completed.
According to the save file, you have completed 7 agendas for the clergy, 2 for the nobility and only 1 for the burghers. And I quickly completed two more burgher agendas with console commands and then I could complete the mission

• 1Like
Reactions:
According to the save file, you have completed 7 agendas for the clergy, 2 for the nobility and only 1 for the burghers. And I quickly completed two more burgher agendas with console commands and then I could complete the mission
Thanks so much for your help. I only remembered completing a lot of agendas, turns out they were mostly for the clergy. Would be much better if the tooltip shows how many agendas you've finished for the mission though. Probably an oversight from the dev.
Do you mind telling me how you can find out the info from my save? Would be nice if I can do it myself if it's not too complicated.

Do you mind telling me how you can find out the info from my save? Would be nice if I can do it myself if it's not too complicated.
First you need an uncompressed version of your save. For non-ironman saves, you can uncheck the compress checkbox in the save dialog or you can unzip the save with a zip program, but for ironman saves, you have to melt the save first(e.g. with https://pdx.tools ). Then you open the uncompressed save with a text editor and look for the entry in of your country. It starts with:
Code:
    GBR={
        human=yes
So you can search for human=yes or if you have an editor which supports searching for regular expressions, you can search for ^\tGBR=

For the agendas, you can then search for num_of_estate_agendas_completed which will bring you to the section for the estates which looks something like the following:
Code:
        estate={
            type="estate_burghers"
            loyalty=62.888
            territory=0.796
            influence_modifier={
                value=5.000
                desc="EST_VAL_DIET_SUMMONED"
                date=1533.5.1
            }
            active_influences={
                0 1 2 5 
            }
            granted_privileges={
                {
estate_burghers_land_of_commerce 1463.3.21                }
 {
estate_burghers_commercial_board_of_advice 1449.12.1                }
 {
estate_burghers_new_world_charter 1492.4.4                }
 {
estate_burghers_indebted_to_burghers 1506.4.16                }
 {
estate_burghers_patronage_of_the_arts 1459.12.1                }
 {
estate_burghers_private_trade_fleets 1449.12.1                }

}
            num_of_estate_agendas_completed=1
        }

If you look for something else, you can either just scan through the section of your country to see what might be relevant entries, or search for related keywords(e.g. the internal name of the estate which you can find in the game files).

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you very
First you need an uncompressed version of your save. For non-ironman saves, you can uncheck the compress checkbox in the save dialog or you can unzip the save with a zip program, but for ironman saves, you have to melt the save first(e.g. with https://pdx.tools ). Then you open the uncompressed save with a text editor and look for the entry in of your country. It starts with:
Code:
    GBR={
        human=yes
So you can search for human=yes or if you have an editor which supports searching for regular expressions, you can search for ^\tGBR=

For the agendas, you can then search for num_of_estate_agendas_completed which will bring you to the section for the estates which looks something like the following:
Code:
        estate={
            type="estate_burghers"
            loyalty=62.888
            territory=0.796
            influence_modifier={
                value=5.000
                desc="EST_VAL_DIET_SUMMONED"
                date=1533.5.1
            }
            active_influences={
                0 1 2 5
            }
            granted_privileges={
                {
estate_burghers_land_of_commerce 1463.3.21                }
 {
estate_burghers_commercial_board_of_advice 1449.12.1                }
 {
estate_burghers_new_world_charter 1492.4.4                }
 {
estate_burghers_indebted_to_burghers 1506.4.16                }
 {
estate_burghers_patronage_of_the_arts 1459.12.1                }
 {
estate_burghers_private_trade_fleets 1449.12.1                }

}
            num_of_estate_agendas_completed=1
        }

If you look for something else, you can either just scan through the section of your country to see what might be relevant entries, or search for related keywords(e.g. the internal name of the estate which you can find in the game files).
Thank you very much. You've been a godsend.