EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can someone tell me what the requirements are in order to get the St Joan of Arc government reform when you play as Orléans ?
I've successfully enacted the "retrial of Joan of Arc" by kicking the English out of France and taking the key provinces, and then nothing happened except a small event about her inquisitor being made an heretic.
Do I need to wait a few months ? Will it start after the age of discovery ? Thanks

Can someone tell me what the requirements are in order to get the St Joan of Arc government reform when you play as Orléans ?
I've successfully enacted the "retrial of Joan of Arc" by kicking the English out of France and taking the key provinces, and then nothing happened except a small event about her inquisitor being made an heretic.
Do I need to wait a few months ? Will it start after the age of discovery ? Thanks
You have to wait for a rare event that can only happen in the Age of Absolutism or Revolutions. And you must get and keep a cardinal in the specific province of Orleans (which is much harder than it sounds).

This is IMO impossibly unfun, which is why most people trigger flavor_orl.11 via the console once they've fulfilled the other conditions. You don't get the permanent modifier from the rare event flavor_orl.10, but you get everything else. (If you can trigger flavor_orl.10 via the console, that's obviously preferable, but I think it will probably fizzle due to the trigger conditions.)

Do you mean the reform The Sisterhood of Jeanne d'Arc? You can see the conditions in the wiki article which I linked. But you need to wait a long time to get the reform

You have to wait for a rare event that can only happen in the Age of Absolutism or Revolutions. And you must get and keep a cardinal in the specific province of Orleans (which is much harder than it sounds).

This is IMO impossibly unfun, which is why most people trigger flavor_orl.11 via the console once they've fulfilled the other conditions. You don't get the permanent modifier from the rare event flavor_orl.10, but you get everything else. (If you can trigger flavor_orl.10 via the console, that's obviously preferable, but I think it will probably fizzle due to the trigger conditions.)
The event is only rare if you don't have the flag had_maid_of_orleans. But you need that flag anyway to get the government reform. And then the event only has an MTTH of 10 years which is not really rare. And getting a cardinal in Orleans shouldn't be too difficult if you make it the highest dev catholic provinces in the world and get rid of one of your cardinals if you already have the maximum allowed number.

The event is only rare if you don't have the flag had_maid_of_orleans. But you need that flag anyway to get the government reform. And then the event only has an MTTH of 10 years which is not really rare.
Fair point, "rare" is a bit of an exaggeration.

But the fact it's random with MTTH 10 years means it's possible to have to wait a few decades after the start of the AoA, which is a significant fraction (5-15%) of the remaining in-game time, which is not nothing.
And getting a cardinal in Orleans shouldn't be too difficult if you make it the highest dev catholic provinces in the world and get rid of one of your cardinals if you already have the maximum allowed number.
In theory, yes.

However, this could be rather tricky if there are already 49 cardinals in the world (because it's only possible to be allocated another if there's a vacant seat, and the only way to vacate a seat is via province conversion or a nation with 7 cardinals acquiring more via conquest/annexation/etc). If you're playing a powerful militant Catholic nation like France, it seems quite likely that Catholicism will "win" in Europe, ie. it's likely that all 49 will be allocated by the AoA. Maybe if you deliberately force-feed a Catholic subject with 7 cardinals, so you can use subject interactions to give them your cardinal provinces and vacate a seat?

(Also, there used to be a bug where nations with 7 cardinals could get allocated an 8th for no good reason, which instantly removes a random one of their cardinals. I hope that's been fixed by now, but if not then that could be a serious problem, since this is one of the few occasions where the specific location of a cardinal is important. I searched the patch notes back to 1.30 and couldn't find a mention of a fix, but that doesn't mean it wasn't done.)

I'm in a war with Moravia with its original three provinces, that each have cores on the since-annexed Bohemia. I toyed with the idea of forcing Moravia to release Bohemia from itself and thus make it cease to exist, but I'm not being given the option to release any nation from them. What is preventing this, the provinces being Moravia's primary culture, or the fact it would cause Moravia to disappear?

I'm in a war with Moravia with its original three provinces, that each have cores on the since-annexed Bohemia. I toyed with the idea of forcing Moravia to release Bohemia from itself and thus make it cease to exist, but I'm not being given the option to release any nation from them. What is preventing this, the provinces being Moravia's primary culture, or the fact it would cause Moravia to disappear?
The fact that it would cause Moravia to disappear. If I recall correctly, you cannot release countries in a peace deal if the capital of the losing country would be released in the peace deal.

Playing a game as Spain. I colonized a couple of places in the Louisiana colonial region and then conquered 5 more. Cored three of them and expected a colonial nation to form but it didn't. Cored the other two but nothing changed. Then colonized 4 places in Peru and then conquered from the Inca a bunch more. Same thing after coring one(Lima) the colonial nation didn't form. I have 4 other colonial nations that formed like normal so I don't understand why these won't form. Any ideas?

This was my first play with Dominion. Had some poor luck where the BI never fired, the Milan succession event never fired, and England turned Anglican but then quickly got converted back to Catholic so no PU on them either.

Playing a game as Spain. I colonized a couple of places in the Louisiana colonial region and then conquered 5 more. Cored three of them and expected a colonial nation to form but it didn't. Cored the other two but nothing changed. Then colonized 4 places in Peru and then conquered from the Inca a bunch more. Same thing after coring one(Lima) the colonial nation didn't form. I have 4 other colonial nations that formed like normal so I don't understand why these won't form. Any ideas?

This was my first play with Dominion. Had some poor luck where the BI never fired, the Milan succession event never fired, and England turned Anglican but then quickly got converted back to Catholic so no PU on them either.
Colonial nations form when you have 5 cored provinces in the same region, possibly with some delay until the next monthly tick. Do you have any screenshots of where you have 5 cored provinces in the same region that haven't formed a colonial nation?

When I win the League War as Prussia, I automatically start voting for myself. Is there a way to not be voting for myself besides having an unPragmatic Female Ruler?
As long as there are other candidates available to vote for and the reform hasn't been passed which makes the HRE hereditary (i.e. no more elections), you can click elector icon with your shield and choose another nation than yourself to vote for.

As long as there are other candidates available to vote for and the reform hasn't been passed which makes the HRE hereditary (i.e. no more elections), you can click elector icon with your shield and choose another nation than yourself to vote for.
Yes, but the problem in this case is that other available candidates are still the Catholics before he ends the League War, and once he does and the Empire is set to be Protestant anybody who he could vote for automatically gets disqualified, and his vote reverts to his own tag.
Is there a way to not be voting for myself besides having an unPragmatic Female Ruler?

I don't think there is outside the one you thought of. I think the game reassigns your vote to yourself either by default, or by virtue of probably you being the strongest eligible candidate. If it's the former then there is nothing you can do outside of making yourself ineligible, if it's the latter then maybe you can engineer a scenario where you aren't the strongest Protestant around in the Empire (but that brings its own challenges of then making sure the League War even starts or that your side wins it).

I have an achievement run from 1.29 that I'd like to finish up. How far, and through which updates, can I do that to make it as likely as possible for the save to remain intact?
Assuming you've updated your game version since 1.29, you'll have to roll it back to the same version that you started the campaign with.

Reactions:
I messed up and gave my March a province I need for a mission. Seizing it will give them 150% (one hundred and fifty) liberty desire. How quickly will that dissipate?
I'm not quite sure, but the LD reduction from granting them land dissipates at the rate of 0.1%/month, so it would make sense that the penalty for seizing land from them would dissipate at the same rate. So in your case, in 125 years?

I have taken a couple of provinces from Spanish and British colonies to form a colonial nation (capital Massachusetts) and then used the "Concede Eastern America" peace option to take over the whole United States and give them to that colonial nation. I was fully aware that I need to babysit them with that massive OE, but this was 3 years ago and they still have not even started coring a single provinces, any clue why and if I can do anything about it? They are at stab 0 and have a 4 1 1 ruler.

1710085270245.png

PS: In a funny twist on history the French colonies in Eastern America declared independence from France with support from Great Britain and formed Illinois and the United States (with its first leader being a King Louis!).