• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice to hear the project is still up.
I'm not much of a programer (except modding savegames to my advantage :D) but if you need some betatesting or sth i'd be happy to volunteer :wacko: :)

Well, I can't speak on behalf of Monty. He may or may not finalize the converter after I've provided him with the province conversions, but I sure hope he will.

As far as i know, he will finish the project. However, if i recall correctly from a mail i got from him about a month ago, he had several work-oriented projects. Hence he said he might not have enough spare time to take care of it for a while.
That being said... i don't know what he meant by "a while" :p

But, don't worry, the converter will be finished :)

OMG... I now have most of South America converted, but it sure took a lot of time and effort. The map projection used in EU3 differs a LOT from the projection used in Vicky and from real world - especially deeper inside the continent. That makes it very difficult to find the Vicky counterparts for the EU3 provinces. In some places they are hundreds of kilometers away from each other!

It would be very interesting to see the map Paradox has used as a model for the EU3 map...

But now I can promise I will finish my part of the job within a week.

I've been very busy today. :cool: All EU3 provinces now have their corresponding Vicky provinces!

Now all we can do is wait and hope Monty will have some spare time very soon...

Damn good show, I really hope you guys get this done, It'd be great to carry on my Woodhouse Dynasty game through EUIII into Vicky.

It might be a dumb question but why after taking back a game from EU3 the vicky events don't fire ? Is it meant to or is it a feature the converter has to implement ? In the first case how can I change that ? In the last case I have some week ends I can use to work on it :D .

Add these lines to Data\includes.txt:
Code:
include = "db\events.txt"
event = "db\tech\industry_inventions.txt"
event = "db\tech\army_inventions.txt"
event = "db\tech\navy_inventions.txt"
event = "db\tech\commerce_inventions.txt"
event = "db\tech\culture_inventions.txt"
and convert again. Or just add them to the bottom of your converted savegame. :)

Wow! Can't wait for monty to finalize this... I feel like I've been waiting for ages. The 1.1 version is so frustrating because it's so close to being useful without actually being useful. Good work, and thanks for all the work and effort!

jon_toupin said:
hope it isn't dead

Same here, if you guys need any help at all just tell us and we'll do what we can!

can we get a update pls. thank u

I think we just have to wait patiently. The project is not dead, but on hold until Monty has enough time to finish it.

I believe a bump is in order.

Any news yet?