• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jayavarman said:
How to open the console on laptops? :(

You're going to have to turn Number Lock on. On my lappy, I turn NumLk on by pressing Shift + Scroll Lock, in between Pause and PrintScreen.

Once that's done, hold down Alt + 21 (on the number pad, as discussed above).

I don't need to use the Fn key on my lappy.

Last edited:
Shadow Dragon said:
why do you need fn on laptops? I thought it was just alt + the numbers

If you want to enter the code ofor a special character, e.g. ?Æ = ALT+0454 you need to use the numerical keypad on a desktop computer.

On laptops they don't typically have a numerical keypad, therefore one uses the 'fn' button and the supplemental keys.

So therefore I assumed to get the § symbol you'd have to do the same - 'alt' + numerical 2 + numerical 1 = 'alt' + 'fn 2' + 'fn 1' = 'alt'+'fn'+ {21}

Fat said:
It doesn't work for me. :(
Maybe it's not included in the demo?
I guess not. Interestingly, it seems to be disabled in the most recent version that I have too. Odd...

AdmiralNelson said:
You're going to have to turn Number Lock on. On my lappy, I turn NumLk on by pressing Shift + Scroll Lock, in between Pause and PrintScreen.

Once that's done, hold done Alt + 21 (on the number pad, as discussed above).

I don't need to use the Fn key on my lappy.
Worked like a charm. Thanks to you, I cheated tremendously. :)

Well alt + fn + 0167 worked for me and I have a laptop and no numpad. So there you go. You can thank me later.

But how does invest and fow work? I tried invest government and invest trade but they do nothing. And fow doesn't work...

theolivegarden said:
But how does invest and fow work? I tried invest government and invest trade but they do nothing. And fow doesn't work...
OK, I'm not sure about fow. Here is what I do:
Type fow on (or off). The line appears saying that fog of war was lifted or something, but I do not see the desired effect. In short, I don't know if it works.

Invest works like this:
Code:
invest government_tech
invest naval_tech

Seems with the demo at least, you can stick some ridiculously large number behing the invest whatever_tech XXXXXX and get a truly sickening amount of investment... loved every second of it. :D

GreatWarrior said:
I'll update the first post with the more recent info. :)

How about a sticky?
At least you have a link in the META Thread. :p

I haven't really played with the demo enough to test all the cheats codes, I'm waiting for the retail. The demo pisses me off that it cuts off right when I start rolling over europe. :rofl:

Jayavarman said:
At least you have a link in the META Thread. :p

Whats the META thread?

And has anoyone confirmed this with the retail yet? The open console command and the cheat codes?

I'm waiting for gamersgate to get my copy.

It's funny how we registered the same month and year but you have 7k more posts then me.

What is the equivalent of the acceptall or neville cheat? Austria is being stubborn and offering me 2 provinces I don't want and refusing to give my ally the Netherlands 2 provinces I we do want.

Ex Mudder said:
What is the equivalent of the acceptall or neville cheat? Austria is being stubborn and offering me 2 provinces I don't want and refusing to give my ally the Netherlands 2 provinces I we do want.

As far as I know there hasn't been one discovered yet, not sure if it exists. How about some help from the mods on this one.

But then again it was said that in 1.1 (which is planned to be released very soon) the AI will make better decisions when accepting or denying peace proposals and other stuff. I hope we don't need it. But then again one would be nice.

And thanks fat for pointing me to the meta thread.

And since nobody wants to confirm these cheats with the retail I will try to do it tomorow when I download my EU3. (if I get some time)

Incidentally, is there any shortcut to repeat the last cheat code entered as there was in EU2 (by hitting the Up Arrow key, which I can confirm doesn't work in EU3, at least not on my American English keyboard)? It would make us modders' fingers much less tired in trying to test events and such. ;)

DaPacemDomine said:
Incidentally, is there any shortcut to repeat the last cheat code entered as there was in EU2 (by hitting the Up Arrow key, which I can confirm doesn't work in EU3, at least not on my American English keyboard)? It would make us modders' fingers much less tired in trying to test events and such. ;)

I miss that option as well. Might be the new 3D engine.