• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have the 09-07-2023 version installed. And I've done some graphical and map modifications to it. And I want to install the small updated at 20-07-2023. What files were changed? I figured it's easier to put the updated files into my eodaip mod folder, instead of re adding map and graphic changes(which I'm not 100% what files I changed).

Last edited:
I have the 09-07-2023 version installed. And I've done some graphical and map modifications to it. And I want to install the small updated at 20-07-2023. What files were changed? I figured it's easier to put the updated files into my eodaip mod folder, instead of re adding map and graphic changes(which I'm not 100% what files I changed).
You can check history of all changes on the git repo https://github.com/BoneHorror/EODAIP - as long as there are no conflicts, you should be able to even just update it via git

I think the easiest way to merge would be to actually use git (or gitextensions or anything), but yes you can just dl as zip and try to squash it together with whatever you have (but it's the entire mod, so if you have edited files on your end you don't wanna replace you need to take care of that)

Reactions:
I like this mod and had some great lengthy playthroughs with the Soviets so far if you have any questions. However, I do have an issue I just can't work around. Even though I have pop ups enabled for when an enemy is destroyed (for example when encircled), I never get these messages for some reason. Can you look into it please? It takes some satisfaction away not getting a notification about how many units/soldiers were destroyed.

I like this mod and had some great lengthy playthroughs with the Soviets so far if you have any questions. However, I do have an issue I just can't work around. Even though I have pop ups enabled for when an enemy is destroyed (for example when encircled), I never get these messages for some reason. Can you look into it please? It takes some satisfaction away not getting a notification about how many units/soldiers were destroyed.
I'll see if I can figure it out, but notifications aren't something changed modside -- they should work the same way they do in base DH. I do believe there's some wonkiness with setting notifications in the base game that had some workaround, but I don't remember what it is now

For Soviet playthroughs, I would be interested if you feel like Germany is challenging enough and whether Allies feel like they're doing anything against you if you go up against them :p

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi!
First, I like how this mod feels, esspecially with quicker slider changes and blueprints trade (cough cough, some hungarian A-bombs in NY '47), But I found something disturbing:
Does chinease events go missing somewhat, or it has it's purpose?
Started two playthroughs, one by commie, one with nationalists. In first one, there were no fading sun after defeating Japan early (Japan went with north strike, I allied with soviet and accepted defection of 19th army, destroyed nationalists and after that - defeat japanease and manchurian army).
Second one was with cheesy run of destroying commies in fourth encirclement campaign (quick redeployment of units before event fires). After that, there were no option for anexing remaining warlords, also there is lack of second Nanjing decade modifiers and events, and sino-german cooperation.

Was it all purpously removed?

China is a mess. I did not remove any Chinese events on purpose, but they might be locked due to some weird requirements I ended up unintentionally screwing up. Will have to take a look at it sometime, I'm currently trying to make the CHC-CHI conflict a bit better at least

• 1Like
Reactions:
Ok so I found problem
There are two documents missing in db\events\China catalogue:
"db\events\China\1928-CHI-Nanjing-Decade.txt"
"db\events\China\1928-UCH-Unification.txt"
routes were cut from starting scenario file too.
After I added them from EoD 2.5, Nationalists events fires properely
In CHC case it's probable, that Soviets occupying korean provinces prevents triggers from fireing

• 2Like
Reactions:
I probably won't be able to play Iron Cross with this mod because it adds new provinces. Darkest Hour 1.05 isn't that interesting... Perhaps it would be a good idea to play EoD with improved AI?

IRON CROSS has limited mods...there is 1 being worked on (but not released) but you know for something differant with iron cross you can use it with AOD like you can use IRON CROSS with dh.....and AOD getting a major over haul soon...alas i expect IRON CROSS wont be playable with AOD then untill IRON CROSS is patched...which seems about once ever year. SORR.y...,just answering mumu...i know this si not a iron cross forum...

Reactions:
Ok so I found problem
There are two documents missing in db\events\China catalogue:
"db\events\China\1928-CHI-Nanjing-Decade.txt"
"db\events\China\1928-UCH-Unification.txt"
routes were cut from starting scenario file too.
After I added them from EoD 2.5, Nationalists events fires properely
In CHC case it's probable, that Soviets occupying korean provinces prevents triggers from fireing
I've re-added those, ty for pointing it out! When I make the next upload to Mega, they'll be included

• 2Like
Reactions:
After some mucking about with this mod (might be a feature of DH in general), the AI majors are very weak on building air. Even after I've made it cheaper across the board.

Hello ! I'm really curious to know how you've achieved all of this improvment for ai.

I've been modifying my dh since 10 years and I'm now focusing on ww1. I'm trying to Germany have historical front ratio for the year 1914 only. The command front ratio doesn't seems to work properly (i can put 10 or 1 front ratio AI doesn't really care).

-What command did you use to make your ai smarter on land ? (So far ai personnality like offensive or defensive is the more efficient to me).
- Does the target province thing works for land ? I thought it was only for naval invasion.
- does the attack odd parameters in ai files works ? I've read before it was residual from previous versions but was useless now...
- How do you stop ai for suddenly leaving front empty by redeplying all its troops ? I has this bug with ottoman but I've noticed few countries does it and some doesn't...

In ..\db\units\divisions\carrier.txt I've found the following lines:
Code:
# 1 - Early Carrier (1930)
model = {
    cost                        = 3
    buildtime                     = 1080
    defaultorganisation         = 20
    morale                        = 18
All other carriers have the default morale of 30. First I thought that this might be a mistake/typo carried over and possibly existing since ever but in the corresponding files for DH full or EoD 2.2.22 there is: morale = 30. which is pretty much the standard for all ships.

Anything specifically morally wrong with the carriers of 1930? *grin
Or is it a weird mistake/typo?

While talking about carrier stats: The speed values of the first 4 carriers seem to be a bit erratic. Might be historical, I don't know. Just have a look wether that's intended.

Last edited:
Code:
model = {
All other carriers have the default morale of 30. First I thought that this might be a mistake/typo carried over and possibly existing since ever but in the corresponding files for DH full or EoD 2.2.22 there is: morale = 30. which is pretty much the standard for all ships.

While talking about carrier stats: The speed values of the first 4 carriers seem to be a bit erratic. Might be historical, I don't know. Just have a look wether that's intended.
CV 1922 were "converted" from BC or BB in terms of Washington Naval Treaty
CV 1930, the only originally build in that time if my memory served well, was USS Ranger, odd, tech test vessel rather than real carrier.
Most of that era ships were represented in game as CVE or CVL, first purposely and true build carriers are 1934 tech one - Ark Royal, Soryu/Hiryu, Yorktown/Enterprise/Hornet/Wasp (and the last one with some changes in this class, by coresponding with naval treaties it was smaller and lighter than the rest).
Generally most info based on Drachinifel channel on YT:

Probably there is also some I ww era tech balances that have been adressed here I assume.

Back from offtop, I'd ask, is there some information about merging EoDAIP with EoD 2,5?

Also there is rather annoying (yes, I have an OCD related issue here)
German unit names file includes many armoured divisions like totenkopf or liebstandarte AH as a regular ARM/LARM div names, while We've got them in game via event - normally I'd delete it by myself, BUT when I do, it automatically deletes all non-english letters, like umlauts or french/spanish accents.
Could be it repaired somehow or in next update - edited file?
(don't forget about 7 flieger division or legion condor)
Also, soviet ski infantry have no special names and Finish ones - even picture

Last edited:
Reactions:
Hello ! I'm really curious to know how you've achieved all of this improvment for ai.

I've been modifying my dh since 10 years and I'm now focusing on ww1. I'm trying to Germany have historical front ratio for the year 1914 only. The command front ratio doesn't seems to work properly (i can put 10 or 1 front ratio AI doesn't really care).

-What command did you use to make your ai smarter on land ? (So far ai personnality like offensive or defensive is the more efficient to me).
- Does the target province thing works for land ? I thought it was only for naval invasion.
- does the attack odd parameters in ai files works ? I've read before it was residual from previous versions but was useless now...
- How do you stop ai for suddenly leaving front empty by redeplying all its troops ? I has this bug with ottoman but I've noticed few countries does it and some doesn't...
Hi!
Front ratio does work but it tends to be overwritten by other configs. Most importantly, verify what is the panic ratio set to, because it's the thing that overwrites front most often. Front and garrison combinations also murk up actual fronts sometimes; AI garrison ( _garrison_prop settings) units have to be placed somewhere, so they may end up in large numbers on the front if there's nowhere else to distribute them.

- I don't think AI micro is improved in any measurable manner in EODAIP, I tried various tweaks but sometimes it's hard to say if something works at all without proper debug
- Can you bring up an example of what you mean? Target provinces are indeed mostly used by the naval AI
- Attack odds for terrain features don't work (forts etc) as far as I can tell - I used to edit them but now I'm pretty sure they don't do anything
- max_redeploying ratio and panic ratio are the two primary causes of why AI would redeploy en masse. Honestly for me the more common problem is AI redeploying too slowly (when it would have to respond to invasions etc)

Code:
model = {

Thank you for pointing this out! The morale thing looks like a mistake, it was made before I started using git but it doesn't make any sense. I'll bring it up back to 30

The mistake is that it was probably meant to be speed - 18 would be the same speed 1922 Carriers have. Once you take this out, there's a proper progression from one to another.
I nerfed a lot of naval unit speeds in an attempt to get the AI to be a little worse at annihilating each other's navies -- it's an awkward thing because the Player is very far detached from the AI naval game, but eh...
CV 1922 were "converted" from BC or BB in terms of Washington Naval Treaty
CV 1930, the only originally build in that time if my memory served well, was USS Ranger, odd, tech test vessel rather than real carrier.
Most of that era ships were represented in game as CVE or CVL, first purposely and true build carriers are 1934 tech one - Ark Royal, Soryu/Hiryu, Yorktown/Enterprise/Hornet/Wasp (and the last one with some changes in this class, by coresponding with naval treaties it was smaller and lighter than the rest).
Generally most info based on Drachinifel channel on YT:

Probably there is also some I ww era tech balances that have been adressed here I assume.

Back from offtop, I'd ask, is there some information about merging EoDAIP with EoD 2,5?

Also there is rather annoying (yes, I have an OCD related issue here)
German unit names file includes many armoured divisions like totenkopf or liebstandarte AH as a regular ARM/LARM div names, while We've got them in game via event - normally I'd delete it by myself, BUT when I do, it automatically deletes all non-english letters, like umlauts or french/spanish accents.
Could be it repaired somehow or in next update - edited file?
(don't forget about 7 flieger division or legion condor)
Also, soviet ski infantry have no special names and Finish ones - even picture
That is a neat historical insight, but I'm not that knowledgeable on this particular topic - it was just a balancing attempt (with a stat mistake) :p
Merging new EOD versions is a little bit annoying since I'm very far detached from the base mod version, even in terms of minister files etc. I made a lot of haphazard fixes back when I was starting out, whenever I had issues with any of the data files. For example iirc early on I encountered an issue where French State had no generals at all, so I copypasted a file from Vichy France or something to that extent.
I would love to just slap an updated file in, could you try editing it via Notepad++ maybe?
I know about Ski Infantry, it's probably on the chopping block since it's barely supported tech/doctrine-wise. I could take a look if it was improved in EoD 2.5

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
That is a neat historical insight, but I'm not that knowledgeable on this particular topic - it was just a balancing attempt (with a stat mistake) :p
Merging new EOD versions is a little bit annoying since I'm very far detached from the base mod version, even in terms of minister files etc. I made a lot of haphazard fixes back when I was starting out, whenever I had issues with any of the data files. For example iirc early on I encountered an issue where French State had no generals at all, so I copypasted a file from Vichy France or something to that extend.
I would love to just slap an updated file in, could you try editing it via Notepad++ maybe?
I know about Ski Infantry, it's probably on the chopping block since it's barely supported tech/doctrine-wise. I could take a look if it was improved in EoD 2.5
Ye, I know, EoD has its internal problems - like dissapearing of generals from reichskommisariats (IDK why, files exists and should work)

Ok, Notepad helped, here is your file.
I deleted some german Mot, Mec and Armour div so there will be no double with SS counterparts
I also made some corrections in polish unit names
Considering, that mountain divisions were and are best equipped for winter operations, I'd just add some boni for Fin and Sov mountaineers instead of additional unit type - and delete unit as a whole, it would be easier for AI to manage I think, eventually copy Mnt modifiers in doctrines section (while still there would be need for adress GFX issues).

Also, if I may suggest some:

France is furiously driven to attack Germany after March 1939, they could easilly switch Interventionism policy to 1 Belligerence to declare war, which Germany almost always have, thus making war before Ribbentrop-Molotov Pact. Maybe some event tweak would help?
(Yes, I'm spamming diplo campaign and eat Denmark, Norway and Yugoslavia as early as possible, especially that it's easy to make puppet Serbia with bunch of Yugoslavian divisions - my record is 22 of them)

Eastern Reichscommisariats should be aviable to release after 1940, it is possible to eat Baltic states during Polish Campaign without infuriating Soviets and release RK Ost and greater GG Polen - which makes Barbarrosa way easier. Also I'd suggest colour change for RK Ost, it's very similar to soviet one.
Updated revolt file included

Bad German-Italian relations - it should reset to 0 or somethin in plus during spanish civil war (historically accurate, because after Franco, two Axis powers become more close to eachother, which allowed for Anschluss)

Soviet tech teams are mess - I made some changes for myself, but probably you would consider them as some OP shit. Neverthelles, look into that file and ask some questions if you like. Similar was made for Poland - but it is rudimentary and I need to rewrite it at some point. Generally Poland is a mess in DH, some really wierd tech teams, lack of portraits, given to much IC (or CZE before Munich should have total IC higher, they were industrial powerhouse of Austria-Hungary and only reliable tanks exporter in the world exept Brits and USA, still feels more playable than Poland).

There are 3 Cavalry-SS divisions, one given by event (Florian-G) and two which could be build. Saving some consistiency I changed them into SS infantry, but I think, they should be added via event like F-G one, with cav brigade and for some balancing matter - reduce their max strenght.

Puppeting Poland by Germany in 1939 via joining pact of steel, and sole giving up Torun province is not enough - Gdynia and Katowice should be given to Germany too, in exchange for free polish hand against Lithuania or giving parts of Ukraine reaching Black Sea after German-Soviet War. Actually, german claim should include all pre-1914 provinces - sooner or later would have to bow to that claims, like Czechoslovakia did. Short austrian painter was very driven to retake those territories in the long run.
Yes, it would impact polish dissent rate very hard. Historically Poles were highly anti-german at that time, to the point, that polish officials stated, that even if they wanted to join axis, common citizens would took them off power for doing that, similar scenario to Yugoslavian. Also, Poles were very dissatisfied by outcome of End of Czechoslovakia - Because Slovak part were seen as polish sphere of interest and thus - should be given to friendly hungarian government

So whole Event Chain, IF there are plans for rewriting them, would look like:

1. Munich: France and Britain ask for Polish support and giving acces for Soviet army to interviene (long term scenario - ending up with communist coup but maybe not making puppet state) - it was historicall proposition, but denied. Also in case of German - Allies War, it should quickly escalated into GER+HUN against FRA+ENG+SOV+CZE+YUG+ROM (Little Entante - not mandatory tho), with Poland probably joining allies or commintern if soviet units pass enabled. This kind of preemptive war should be very unlikely. Btw, German economical influences in balkan states are very missrepresented, while it highly impact Romanian politics during invasion of Poland.
2. End of Czechoslovakia - Slovakia to Hungary
3. Ask Poland to join Pact of Steel
4. If Poland joined, then disabled Klajpeda chain and replace it with partition of Lithuania
5. Ribbentrop-Molotov, just buying time, so rather Bessarabia, Estonian and Latvian provinces, I have no information if Poland would loose eastern provinces
6. War in the west, Schliffen plan 2.0 Electric Boogaloo in late 1939

This is very unlikely scenario, after Czechoslovakia colapse and german claims against Poland, government decided, that there will be no cesions of land, war would be fought with or without Allies support (and even nowadays, there are mixed opinions about that, but in the long run, fate of Poland would be far worse than historical, loosing eastern lands and without any recompensation in the west).

Attachments

• unitnames.csv
    2,7 MB · Views: 0
  • teams_sov.csv
    9,9 KB · Views: 0
  • teams_pol.csv
    2,9 KB · Views: 0
  • revolt.txt
    87,8 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: