• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PART XLVIII: OPERATION BARBAROSSA

LWIY1.jpg

"When Barbarossa commences, the world will hold its breath and make no comment." Adolf Hitler

April, 1942

Imperial Conference, Tokyo

PM Tojo : His majesty and ministers of Empire of Japan, I gathered this extraordinary meeting to discuss recent developments in the European War. Early this morning, German Armies began to cross Soviet Border. Depending on the information given to Berlin Ambassador, I can say that this is a full scale invasion not some local fighting. This development will reduce Soviet threat to Manchuria. Our strategic position will also hugely improve if land connection could be established between our German Ally and us. I have already sent a message of support to German Fuhrer Adolf Hitler. We won't be able to provide direct support to the German cause but by destroying the fighting capability of United States and by capturing colonial possesions of Britian, we will contribute to the eventual Axis victory. Gentlemen, A new era is beginning, Japan, Germany and Italy is overthrowing the Anglo-Saxon domination over the world. In the new order, entire Asia will be united under Empire of Japan.

bHFHW.jpg

After continuous air attacks on Manus, all 3 troopships were sunk.

EnP0l.jpg

Admiral Yamamoto spotted American transport Fleet near Hawaii. 1 troopship was damaged.

poPLb.jpg

Admiral Yamamoto spotted another 3 troopships, all of the ships were sunk.

k5Vyn.jpg

Admiral Ozawa sank 1 Australian destroyer in the Solomon Sea.

I10eX.jpg

Swedish government decided to allow German troops to transit through Swedish territory.

Bmsjw.jpg

Admiral Yamamoto sank 2 more troopships.

mNYNR.jpg

Admiral Yamamoto spotted American Battleship Fleet near Hawaii at 125 km. Our aircrafts had damaged few troopships in the fleet before they fled to Pearl Harbor. Battleship USS Tennessee was also identified in American Fleet. This battleship was heavily damaged in Pearl Harbor Attack.

38Jzj.jpg

Admiral Yamamoto damaged 2 destroyers near Hawaii.

fIMSX.jpg

Admiral Yamamoto spotted another Battleship Fleet near Johnston Atoll. Only minor damages could be inflicted on Battleship USS Idaho.

vH0vA.jpg

Lae was captured. Australian forces retreating from Wewak is trapped now. Admiral Ozawa spotted and sank 3 British troopshis in the Huon Gulf.

yKGH2.jpg

Three enemy destroyers were damaged near Johnston Atoll.

pJCkQ.jpg

In the second encounter with the previous 3 destroyers, Admiral Yamamoto managed to sink them all.

PP8aU.jpg

Technological Researches

Imperial Japanese Navy wanted radar systems to be developed for Fleets. Grand Admirals think that British and American radar system enable them to escape from decisive battles. PM Tojo ordered Nissan to develop radar systems.

S0MuQ.jpg

t8ZN9.jpg

May, 1942

In Burma, our forces are pushing back decimated British-Indian troops.

I8rl9.jpg

1st Carrier Fleet of Admiral Yamamoto and 2nd Carrier Fleet of Admiral Nagano joined near Hawaii to make another air strike on the naval base of Pearl Harbor. Admiral Yamamoto wants to inflict decisive blow to US Navy.

avQ9e.jpg

Our air strike on Pearl Harbor failed to sink any warships. However, we managed to inflict serious damage on the port. It will take few months for Americans to repair the damage. Admiral Nagano decided to return Manila for reorganisation.

I8QYR.jpg

Convoy Losses :

We lost 38 merchant ships in the last week. This is equal to the total losses we had in 4 months.

tYsZX.jpg

1st Submarine Huntert Fleet spotted 7 American submarines in the Bonin Trench. We couldn't sink any of them but we inflicted major damages on two of them.

0koj4.jpg

Americans are trying to land at Truk. Admiral Ozawa changed his course to Truk in order to repulse the invasion fleet.

guHMG.jpg

While Battle of Truk continues, 1st and 2nd Marine Corps landed at Midway.

9lx8F.jpg

1st Submarine Hunter Fleet detected American submarine group again. 1 submarine was sunk and others were damaged. Our heavy cruiser Iwate was also damaged by a torpedo.

ZBgt0.jpg

Americans stupidly sent their invasion fleet without any protection. Admiral Ozawa sank both troopships. Remaining American forces in Truk surrendered.

Xm6al.jpg

Caught up with this not too long ago. I'd have to say this was the most interesting invasion of China I've read in an AAR. Still enjoying it, nice job on the Burma encirclement. Although these opening invasions are almost inevitably easy, I hope it all goes much worse for you in the long run. Nothing personal, I'm just a huge fan of desperate struggles in AARs. :p

Anyways, good work so far. I'm looking forward to continued reading of this.

Oh, and really liking the use of pictures.

Thanks for the positive response:)

First take Hawaii and India. Then you can think about implausible invasion of the USA ;)

Yeah you are right but as long as I hold naval supremacy I will kick their asses :)

(BTW, what are the conditions in DH for the US surrender (or negotiated peace)? Is that even possible, I mean without a full annexation?

Yes there is surrender event I saw it when I was working on my mod project. But I didn't look at triggers or possible actions and I don't want to look at it now, I prefer it to be surprise for me:)

Congrats to the success in Burma. Now use the Chinese to guard the pocket while the Brits slowly starve to death (or are eaten by mosquitoes and other jungle insects) and use your crack Japanese troops to seize the rest of India!

I wonder about that too. Invasion of the US would be a huge task, and I don't think makif has enough troops to pull that off. I mean, the Americans must be churning out divisions at an insane rate by now. (A small raid to destroy the nuke reactor site would be great though.)

Yeah, but they look Croatian :)

Makes sense. The AI really seems to be determined to retake the New Guinea area and the surrounding islands. You should garrison it heavily to free your combat troops for operations elsewhere. Use the Chinese for garrison duty if you can't produce enough garrisons yourself.

Whawhawhat? :eek: :D You don't think you have enough troops to invade and hold Australia, so... you're going to invade the US? :D I like your way of thinking - "we're surrounded, outnumbered, outgunned... ATTACK!" :rofl:

Well in fact, I plan to land at United States in 1943. For available forces, invasion of USA is the most important task, I could allocate all my resources for this task but invasion of Australia is not so important. It would take at least 15 divisions to control Western Australia and that is too much considering other priorities. I have already withdrew 2 corps from Burma. These forces will be necessary for my holy invasion.

PART XLIX:BATTLE OF JOHNSTON ATOLL

aK4lL.jpg

Japanese marines landing at Johnston Atoll

June, 1942

Oil Situation :

Our oil reserves decreased to 30.000 tonnes from 39.000 tonnes since the beginning of hostilities. We captured oil wells in Dutch East Indies and Burma. Our daily oil shipping from these wells amounts to 28 tonnes.

pO510.jpg

Oil Production

Sumatra Island :

V5doI.jpg

Borneo and Java Island :

C0gZg.jpg

Burma :

NJp99.jpg

While collecting intelligence about the defenses of Hawaii, Admiral Yamamoto spotted two enemy destroyers and sank them both.

3RptH.jpg

Technological Researches

6Lr6y.jpg

Admiral Yamamoto encountered American Carrier Fleet at 117 km near Hawaii. The battle lasted for 4 hours. We damaged carrier USS Yorktown and heavy cruiser USS Chicago lightly. Carriers IJN Kaga and IJN Junyo took both 10 percent damages. Admiral Yamamoto began to chase the Fleet.

XV5rV.jpg

In the second encounter near Johnson Atoll, IJN Kaga sank heavy cruiser USS Chicago.

AdDul.jpg

Admiral Yamamoto spotted American Battleship Fleet near Pearl Harbor. 1 heavy cruiser was damaged by our air attacks.

qfUNn.jpg

Admiral Ozawa spotted an invasion fleet near Truk. 1 destroyer and 5 troopships were sunk.

pVGIG.jpg

Advancement in Burma :

e9a12.jpg

July, 1942

Admiral Ozawa spotted and sank 3 British troopships near New Guinea. Bougainville was captured by American forces few days ago.

JuqJM.jpg

Admiral Nagano's 2nd Carrier Fleet spotted 3 Canadian troopships near Johnston Atoll. All of them were sunk. Admiral Yamamoto returned to Tokyo to have repairs for his Fleet. Admiral Nagano decided to take minor Johnston Island before operations against Hawaii.

WI5OL.jpg

Battle of Johnston has begun. 1st Naval Bomber Wing was transferred to Midway and is supporting the amphibious landing.

Bb0Vi.jpg

Technological Researches

9KDuc.jpg

6th and 11th Infantry Corps began to land at Kavieng. Aim is to prevent the port to be used by Americans.

JBYjE.jpg

British launched offensive against Siliguri to link up with the remainings of their Burma Army. 1st Motorized Corps in Gangtok began to move towards Siliguri.

UKqAX.jpg

PART L:BATTLE OF PEARL HARBOR

6nQQH.jpg

Japanese Marines in Pearl Harbor

July, 1942

We captured Johnston Island. American Carrier Fleet leaving Johnston Island was intercepted by Admiral Nagano at 117 km. Minor damage was inflicted on few destroyers.

FaRgq.jpg

1st Naval Bomber Wing attacked American Fleet near Johnston Island. 1 heavy cruiser was sunk. 1 destoyer was severely damaged and carrier USS Ranger had 50 percent damage.

NhJdq.jpg

In the second wave, USS Ranger and 2 destroyers were sunk. USS Yorktown was also damaged.

cw86e.jpg

Admiral Nagano intercepted American Fleet near Pearl Harbor but the Fleet managed to escape to the port.

l3OzB.jpg

We launched offensive against Ranchi. This is the beginning of India Campaign.

s7p9R.jpg

In New Guinea, we captured Kaiveng and Bougainville Islands. Admiral Ozawa intercepted Australian Fleet leaving the port of Bougainville. 2 troopships were sunk.

WZsE1.jpg

After Johnston Island, Battle of Pearl Harbor has begun. Pearl Harbor is the last stronghold of United States in the Pacific.

WOiFH.jpg

Ranchi was captured in India. 1st Cavalry Corps is advancing towards Kataka to encircle British forces in Jamshedpur.

rl46Q.jpg

Pearl Harbor fell. American Fleet leaving the port was intercepted by Admiral Nagano. The battle became disaster for US Navy. Carrier USS Yorktown, battleship USS Nevada and heavy cruiser USS Minneapolis were sunk. The news of this great victory immediately reached to Tokyo.

uEdVF.jpg

Imperial Conference, Tokyo

PM Tojo : His Majesty, Minister and Generals of Empire of Japan, with the blessing of gods, Our mighty Fleet annihilated American Fleet at Pearl Harbor. 2 enemy carriers and 1 battleship were sent to the bottom of the ocean. Our soldiers also captured Pearl Harbor port. With the fall of Pearl Harbor, our enemy lost his main base in the Pacific and our ultimate victory became certain. Americans proved their inferiority in the last 6 months. Admiral Yamamoto, I want you to prepare invasion plans for the United States. We will finish this war on their homeland. Approximately 100 years ago from now, American Admiral called Matthew C. Perry came to Tokyo with his 4 warships. With the guns aiming towards Tokyo, he humiliated Japan and the Emperor by forcing us to give economic concessions to United States. After that time, Our nation was united behind the Emperor and became the most powerful nation on the Earth. Now, We will go to Washington and force Americans to accept our demands. Tennouheika Banzai!

Everyone : Banzai !!

After Pearl Harbor, Landing at Maui has begun.

BXG85.jpg

We began to land at Guadalcanal. General Ueda wants to clear the island from the British.

BqX7Q.jpg

August, 1942

Kataka was captured. We launched offensive to Jamshedpur to clear the area.

9yL7v.jpg

While Battle of Maui continues, American Fleet made desperate attempt to breakthrough our blockade. Battleship USS Colorado was sunk by our aircrafts.

eF7Gr.jpg

In another attempt, 2 enemy battleships and 1 heavy cruiser were damaged badly by air attacks.

QvFIb.jpg

Maui was captured. 1st Naval Bomber Wing sank heavy cruiser USS Quincy.

evCSl.jpg

Our air attacks on American Fleet leaving Pearl Harbor continues. In the last attack, 1st Naval Bomber Wing sank battleship USS Tennessee.

lFFUN.jpg

We successfully landed at Guadalcanal. The British are making their last stand on the island.

PLsyK.jpg

Hawaiʻi Island was captured. American Fleet based at Kauai Island.

6RULn.jpg

me too, but after reloading it once or twice i could see them

great AAR so far !!
is germany doing well with barbarossa?

cant wait to see japanese flags above the west coast :>

Germany is not doing well, they advanced only few provinces. I think they won't be able to win. In fact, I want to ask followers of this AAR about this. Americans are surely defeated, they won't be able to challenge me in the Pacific anymore. Should I help my German allies ? I can gather 15 divisions in Manchuria within few months. What do you think ?

From the looks of the event files its quite possible that you could cause the American surrender event to fire. If they do a similar job guarding west coast ports, that is.

EDIT: And you should help the Germans, so you can receive your share of the spoils!

From the looks of the event files its quite possible that you could cause the American surrender event to fire. If they do a similar job guarding west coast ports, that is.

EDIT: And you should help the Germans, so you can receive your share of the spoils!

There are advantages and disadvantages, going to war with Soviets will disrupt my plans against United States. I need to send many divisions to Manchuria. This will buy time for Americans to build many new divisions. With 680 IC, they are probably using something like 400 IC for production.

On thr other hand, If I don't help Germany, most probably, they will eventually lose and I will face Soviets much stronger.

Anyway, now 2 people support war against Communists. Let's hear some more opinions. I will follow the prevalent strategy.

I see the pictures now! :)

BTW, once you've conquered Burma and the area South of Nepal/Bhutan, annexing the Raj is pretty easy, as the UK usually lacks teh divison to create a new stable front line. When I conquered India, I spend 80% of thetime in Burma.

You've given the Americans a severe beating. Well done. If you think helping Germany will not hamper your efforts in India, then do start pestering the Russians.

First, let me congratulate you to the massive progress you've made in the past three updates. Looks like the Americans were forced into a naval battle of annihilation near Hawaii and lost. This went better than I expected it would :)

There are advantages and disadvantages, going to war with Soviets will disrupt my plans against United States. I need to send many divisions to Manchuria. This will buy time for Americans to build many new divisions. With 680 IC, they are probably using something like 400 IC for production.

I think this is the key issue. In my opinion, you need to focus on the US while they're still comparably weak. If you delay the invasion, you'll face a much stronger opposition. The Germans are not likely to lose in a few months. The front will probably remain relatively stable for at least a year or two, which should give you time to defeat the US (if you think you can). Then you can think of helping Germany.

On thr other hand, If I don't help Germany, most probably, they will eventually lose and I will face Soviets much stronger.

It's a risk, but I'd rather face marginally stronger Soviets than a fully mobilized US capable of harassing me everywhere. I vote for kicking the US out of the war first.

EDIT: Oh, and don't forget to take the Panama Canal to make it even harder for the US to send reinforcements to the Pacific.

Last edited:
The USSR isn't worth it at this point...if Germany isn't winning, you'll be forced to fight all the way as far as Turkestan and get bogged down. It'll take literally millions of men that you don't have ready, with no real end in sight. I say finish off the US, make use of the IC you gain, neutralise the nations in East Asia (The Raj, Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet), Australia, New Zealand, and possibly create a staging area in Afghanistan and do what the Germans are clearly failing at. The German/Japanese alliance was an contradictory one anyway, and was never going to work out.

Last edited:
Attack USSR. The US will be weak for a while. It will be hard for them to retake hawaii, which they need as a base. If you at least distract some of the soviet troops enough germany can make a breakthrough. Then you can refocus your attention on the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.