• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Btw, I think religion_shield.bmp could use some tweaking... here's my suggestion:

post-4-1097145117.jpg

Personally, I think it works better ingame. :)

cccino said:
I was also playing with the map colours, and when I manage to get it how I like (kinda washed-out) I'll post the code so you all can try it and tell me how crap it looks :)

I havent been following this discussion except for the last 2 pages, so could you please dwell a bit more on this? is it possible to change the map colours in game?

Hive said:
You know, cccino... this could easily by 'accident' end up in my mod.
My intention was to make something more suitable for BJ's different shield shapes. if its usefulness extends beyond the egufsm, so much the better :)

So did you like the change with the stained glass?

Hive said:
Heh. Well that's only there on the *.jpg version... I don't have any places where I can upload *.bmp, so... :eek:o
use gif ;)

I can't really tell from that image what you're trying to achieve in game. So the dots only appear when the button is pressed? And when you're looking at other nations the buttons aren't greyed out? Anyway, the buttons as i've done them are pretty basic; i've taken little account of aesthetics.

von Loch Ness said:
I havent been following this discussion except for the last 2 pages, so could you please dwell a bit more on this? is it possible to change the map colours in game?
No problem, because I've only just brought it up :). I've just recently discovered that you can change the terrain and political map colours by editing the file .\map\colorscales.csv

There might be a tutorial on it floating around, I haven't looked.

Anyway, as far as I can figure, the file lists four RGB codes for each 'colour', along with an 'index' number. I'm not exactly sure how the index is used, so best not change that number.

For each map colour, the four RGBs are the shades of that colour from light to dark respectively. In photoshop or some other program that allows you to select colours by RGB, you can see what a particular colour is, change it as you desire, and copy the new code back into the file. As you can image it is quite time consuming to change 3x4 numbers for about 25 map colours, and then load EU to see how it turns out.

Note that the names given to the map colours may be nothing like what you're expecting. :)

cccino said:
So did you like the change with the stained glass?

Yeah. :)

Ah ok, thx.

I can't really tell from that image what you're trying to achieve in game. So the dots only appear when the button is pressed? And when you're looking at other nations the buttons aren't greyed out? Anyway, the buttons as i've done them are pretty basic; i've taken little account of aesthetics.

First of all, I made the grey colour you have in the middle of the shields black instead. Secondly, I moved the grey shield from the last frame to the second frame - so that the grey shield will now appear when you hover your mouse over the shields. The original shields worked like that too.

Um, Hive, you shield has a small problem - when looking your own country, it's fine, but when you click on another country, the left side of each of the shields disappears. I think you made those ones one pixel too wide.

|AXiN| said:
Um, Hive, you shield has a small problem - when looking your own country, it's fine, but when you click on another country, the left side of each of the shields disappears. I think you made those ones one pixel too wide.

Ooops... :eek:o

Try this:

post-4-1097317934.gif

cccino said:
I'd also prefer to use grey for the non-player countries not as a highlight colour. So...

btn_religion_shield.bmp

Hmm.... yours could actually be better than mine... though is there any chance you could make the second shield difer a bit more from the other ones? It's not all that obvious when you highlight...