• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hive said:
Btw... any chance you could leave out your new icons for naval manus and conscription centers for the next release? I really don't like them, and was surprised to see them in... now I'll have to re-install EUII again, to get the old ones back... :(

Here's my problems with those 2 icons:

CC icon: too grainy. It doesn't look good resized to be so small imo. Besides, I had no problems with the one already used..

Naval manu icon: I dislike this one the most. Not only are anchors already used otherwhere, to define ports - it also have a shadow. The other manu icons does not have a shadow, making this one much different from them...

I don't know, if I get any more complaints I might. But lets make a deal, if you change all of your HOI flags I'll do it right away! :D

Birger Jarl said:
I don't know, if I get any more complaints I might. But lets make a deal, if you change all of your HOI flags I'll do it right away! :D

I think I'll rather go with the "re-install EUII" option... :p

Thanks cccino :)!

Birger Jarl said:
Here you go, made it in the original size instead. :)

herr_doctor_austria.gif

*Glares at Birger*

What happened to "Im not doing requests any more!"????

What about my requests I made MONTHS ago???

*Threatens birger with a slapping of a wet trout*

:mad:

*Stomps off in a huff*

angelscotboi said:
*Glares at Birger*

*Stomps off in a huff*

Egufsm is done, so he does answer prayers from time to time, but it is not surprising that he might have forgotten it while working..

Btw, Birg? Would you have time to do the 8 Abe-shields in your nice modern fashion? They don't match for me. (Well, Finland you can ignore, their flag is plain ugly, and the shield is boring)

Nikolai II said:
Egufsm is done, so he does answer prayers from time to time, but it is not surprising that he might have forgotten it while working..

Btw, Birg? Would you have time to do the 8 Abe-shields in your nice modern fashion? They don't match for me. (Well, Finland you can ignore, their flag is plain ugly, and the shield is boring)

What shields would that be? :eek:o

Hive said:
I think I'll rather go with the "re-install EUII" option... :p

Yeah that might be a bit easier. ;)

angelscotboi said:
*Glares at Birger*

*Stomps off in a huff*

I might do them now that I'm done with EGUFSM, can't promise anything right now. Most of my time goes to the Rome Mod right now. :)

Birger Jarl said:
What shields would that be? :eek:o

Download link:
http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168161

Well - there is your shield with Kalmar Union (iirc it was you who did it, three crowns on red)

Then Danzig, Byzantine double eagle, a HAB simple black eagle, U00-U03, and possibly a nice finland - black bear and orthodox cross or something.

But only if you feel up to it, of course. (crosses fingers)

Jarl, I'm currently trying to turn the MES EGUFSM-compatible. It's quite easy to extract the source images from the second vanilla shield, or construct a look-a-like, but still... I understand you have made most of the MES shields?
Is you happen to have some of the source images lying around, could you please sned them to svenk(at)student.ethz.ch ?

Nikolai II said:
Download link:
http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168161

Well - there is your shield with Kalmar Union (iirc it was you who did it, three crowns on red)

Then Danzig, Byzantine double eagle, a HAB simple black eagle, U00-U03, and possibly a nice finland - black bear and orthodox cross or something.

But only if you feel up to it, of course. (crosses fingers)

Here you go, most of them was included in the EGUFSM, just renamed them.
Missread your Finland request, made two shieldsets, one with a bear and one with a orthodox cross. :eek:o

http://birgerjarl.languish.org/EGUFSM/EGUFSM_ABERRATION.rar

Lord Asharak said:
Jarl, I'm currently trying to turn the MES EGUFSM-compatible. It's quite easy to extract the source images from the second vanilla shield, or construct a look-a-like, but still... I understand you have made most of the MES shields?
Is you happen to have some of the source images lying around, could you please sned them to svenk(at)student.ethz.ch ?

I think I did all of the latin/orthodox shields, I'll look into it when I get home. :)

Birger Jarl said:
So the action is used on all the shields at once. :)

File - Automate - Batch...

Set: hoi_smallshields
Action: resize to smallshield

Select your source folder, where all the shield_*.bmp is located. Make a backup of these just in case.

Select your destination folder and the name you wanna use for the saved files,

small + document name + extension

Then press OK

"The object previous document is not currently available"... :(

Hive said:
"The object previous document is not currently available"... :(

That's weird, have you opened the smallshield in photoshop that was included in the .rar as well?

Birger Jarl said:
That's weird, have you opened the smallshield in photoshop that was included in the .rar as well?

Oh... :eek:o

EDIT: It does the action now, but stops after one file - as it won't save it... can it be because, in the action, you have written that it is to save in C:\TEMP\EGUFSM\ or something?

Birger Jarl said:
Missread your Finland request, made two shieldsets, one with a bear and one with a orthodox cross. :eek:o

Ok, thanks - I'll take a look when I get home - but I'm pretty sure I'm good with this (and else I'll come back and ask for more :D)

Just let me know if the do or not. :)

I think I'll start to do some research about 13th century coat of arms in Sweden now, found a good site and a great book.

swedish_heraldry.jpg

Hmm, this would be cool to have as a site, just like fotw. :cool:

Birger Jarl said:

Great - above and beyond call of duty :)

But if you could use this base for finland shield instead please? (or teach me gimp, whatever is less work :D) (Flag is so small it won't be noticeable)

karhuo.gif

http://www.lpk.partio.fi/uusimaa/rame/kuvat/karhuo.gif

Thank you, Jarl Birger