• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Birger Jarl said:
That template is centered so you *could* just write an action that adds it to all your shields that you've already done and then use the shield change event so your precious HOI shields are used in the 18th century or something. ;)

Yes but I *really* like the HoI shields... :p

Besides, I prefer if the shields stay in the same format throughout the game. :)

Hive said:

Besides, I prefer if the shields stay in the same format throughout the game. :)

Poor Birger, Trying to convince you Pages long :D

He must aknowledge the lazyness of poor Hive.

Hive said:

I'm just messing with you. ;)
It looks great as it is. :)

Toejam Football said:
Yeah I really Prefer the flags. You use Bolt-On (Isnt that what you call it :rofl: ) Events for Major countries too dont you Hive? I love that :)

I don't call them "bolt-on", but yeah... I use that kind of events. :p

I don't have specific events changing flags only, though - I change the flags in connection with other events.

As an example, I have 5 different shields/flags for OE alone...

Herr Doctor said:
can you please make me this thingy with the Hapsburg Imperial eagle, btw?

Here you go, made it in the original size instead. :)

herr_doctor_austria.gif

Where do I go to see the shields and flags (before downloading) of the EGUFSM_1.0 ???

- Does the siena shield resemble the icon I use?

- I really like the Venetian shields (representing the famous Carpaccio painting) but i use the Venetian flag on Kaigon site, is this in EGUFSM?? or is it too hard to make?

- I also use the old green Ottoman flag, I find this helpful in viewing scenarios in the Balkan states.

- Basically what I am getting at is do you cater for option flags as I have mention ie OE??

:) :)

Last edited:
Hive said:
I don't call them "bolt-on", but yeah... I use that kind of events. :p

I don't have specific events changing flags only, though - I change the flags in connection with other events.

As an example, I have 5 different shields/flags for OE alone...

Thats awesome, Graphics mean a lot to me in a Mod. I guess I am superficial (sp?) :D

Sorry for dereailing topic.
:)

Toio said:
- Does the siena shield resemble the icon I use?

It shouldn't, because it's inaccurate. What you are using is actually Pisa's CoA, not Siena's...

- I also use the old green Ottoman flag, I find this helpful in viewing scenarios in the Balkan states.

Again, this shield too is inaccurate. OE used many different flags throughout the EUII period - but never that one, AFAIK...

Code:
It shouldn't, because it's inaccurate. What you are using is actually Pisa's CoA, not Siena's...

The Siena files end in .pis , in the AGCEEP the leaders files have pisan leaders, I thought it was a combination of Siena and Pisa similar to Mantua being Mantua and Ferrara.

Code:
Again, this shield too is inaccurate. OE used many different flags throughout the EUII period - but never that one, AFAIK...

Cannot find the thread, but there was a consensus that OE used a red flag early in the GC but the majority of years it was a green one. People sometimes did not want the green because it clashed with Persia.

Anyway, downloaded and installed the new shields, look fantastic, but I am missing a few nations. :cool:

Toio said:
The Siena files end in .pis , in the AGCEEP the leaders files have pisan leaders, I thought it was a combination of Siena and Pisa similar to Mantua being Mantua and Ferrara.

I don't know what the AGCEEP are doing. But if they have indeed merge the 2 nations into one, like you say they have, then I guess you could use either shield.

Also, I never heard anything about Mantua actually being Mantua+Ferrara. Is this just in the AGCEEP, or an official statement about vanilla EUII from Paradox?

About OE... well I know they once used a red flag with some green in it, but I have never seen any sources saying that they used the green one once in EUII...

Toio said:
Code:
Cannot find the thread, but there was a consensus that OE used a red flag early in the GC but the majority of years it was a green one. People sometimes did not want the green because it clashed with Persia.

Anyway, downloaded and installed the new shields, look fantastic, but I am missing a few nations. :cool:[/QUOTE]

MKJ has examples here, [url]http://jgdahl.tripod.com/turkish.html[/url], of the OE flags.

That's great to hear, glad you liked it, AXIN has made pretty much all the shields for AGCEEP as well. :)
Here's a link to the thread, [url]http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167154[/url]

It's been so long

It's been so long since I've downloaded any gufsm sets that I've forgotten how I set it up. Can someone explain to me what I have to do to install all this? Do I extract it all manually? Or is the some program to work with?

Also, although I'm sure the answer to this is 'no' I'm going to ask anyway. Can I use the EGUFM 1.0 with the AGCEEP? (will the shield and flags tags work?) Or do I have to rewrite all the tags?

And finally, This is just AWESOME Birger Jarl!

Btw... any chance you could leave out your new icons for naval manus and conscription centers for the next release? I really don't like them, and was surprised to see them in... now I'll have to re-install EUII again, to get the old ones back... :(

Here's my problems with those 2 icons:

CC icon: too grainy. It doesn't look good resized to be so small imo. Besides, I had no problems with the one already used..

Naval manu icon: I dislike this one the most. Not only are anchors already used otherwhere, to define ports - it also have a shadow. The other manu icons does not have a shadow, making this one much different from them...

Any chance you have the "old" religion icons still available somewhere (the ones with the Medieval: Total War pagan symbol)?

Yes, thanks! :)