• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As far as I know and noticed the ic-to-money (through consumer goods) exists. Me and my friend use it every time. But correct me if I wrong altough if we are wrong than how do I make money out of overproducing consumer goods?

basically in th early days of HOI3(1.0->1.3 afaik) you could produce money with IC by allocating them to the consumer goods production over the amount of what population needs, pretty much same way supplies are produced.

I´d swear that option dissapeared a long time ago, as it led to various abuses and gamey tactics. Since then you can get money selling supplies (which is almost the same as saying that you transform IC into money). Overproduce supplies and SELL the overproduction. Of course, you have to find a buyer, which, in some cases, is not so easy.

Actually lua programmer was unable to write a proper AI code for cunsumer goods to money conversion this why this feature was removed.
??
Source anywhere?

As I doubt that Lothos would not have been capable of doing that. ;)
Afaik atm the IC of a country will be transfered into an amount of money. Fixed ratio.
You can adjust that with laws etc.
So it would be possible to script around, lets say, giving IC malus but gain in money due to tech, decsion event etc..

The old way was maybe too exploitive?

Cheers,
Chromos

I have one request : make it possible to sink CV when you have better speed then they have, when they have no screen left and can't engage their CAG as they lost it... e.g. a CV alone with nothing on board should be a dead duck if your speed is better than his. Right now, the game still allow it to flee.

In real life, the UK lost 1 CV to German warships, another one to U-Boot. In the gaMe, this is "nearly" impossible to repeat (and when I say "nearly", it is an euphemism).

I have one request : make it possible to sink CV when you have better speed then they have, when they have no screen left and can't engage their CAG as they lost it... e.g. a CV alone with nothing on board should be a dead duck if your speed is better than his. Right now, the game still allow it to flee.

In real life, the UK lost 1 CV to German warships, another one to U-Boot. In the gaMe, this is "nearly" impossible to repeat (and when I say "nearly", it is an euphemism).

My BC+DD fleets have sunk lots of carriers in my latest game. Including cags and screens.

My BC+DD fleets have sunk lots of carriers in my latest game. Including cags and screens.

even when those CV had 0 ORG left ?

It's still hardly useful, as there is not that much you can do with it.
If freeing about 1/3 of your industry to use for better purposes, or having ability to actually sustain your industry is hardly usefull, then what is actually usefull?

Money is just a medum that allows you to exchange good X for good Y without hassle, and that is it.

Resources stop being a problem ~1940 because of stockpiles. Then you can only trade for supplies with money (if there are enough trading partners and the AI is willing to trade, which is not always the case...), that's it, but IC stops being an issue in 1941/1942 for the majors, so... In HOI2 you also needed money for research, in HOI3 this you don't even need money for that. ATM money could be safely removed from the game.

Resources stop being a problem ~1940 because of stockpiles. Then you can only trade for supplies with money (if there are enough trading partners and the AI is willing to trade, which is not always the case...), that's it, but IC stops being an issue in 1941/1942 for the majors, so... In HOI2 you also needed money for research, in HOI3 this you don't even need money for that. ATM money could be safely removed from the game.

Again, what is the use of papers/gold/(whatever else) in the wartime? Only hard things metter.

You seem to be too focused on the idea that money are importaint in a total war, which are not.

Also monet cab be safely removed from real world. Nothing really drastic would happen, safe for inconvenience of goods-based trade.

But in wartime, the nonmilitary production and consumption vastly decreases anyways, so HOI3 has it pretty right. Money do metter pre-war, but after the world is in flames, they stop to metter.

Again, what is the use of papers/gold/(whatever else) in the wartime? Only hard things metter.

You seem to be too focused on the idea that money are importaint in a total war, which are not.

Also monet cab be safely removed from real world. Nothing really drastic would happen, safe for inconvenience of goods-based trade.

But in wartime, the nonmilitary production and consumption vastly decreases anyways, so HOI3 has it pretty right. Money do metter pre-war, but after the world is in flames, they stop to metter.
TBH what it represents is unimportant - we don't know what IC exactly represents (and there is no such thing IRL), either, we can only guess. Things like that (IC, money, energy, rare materials, MP, LP etc.) are just abstract values used in-game. My point is that you can just as well remove money as a resource, because it's pointless, especially when it's just an off-shot of IC and there are no uses for it. In HOI2 trading supplies for resources (when you had to import them) and resources for supplies (when you could export them) was common (money also existed, but it was tied to CG and it was mostly used in research) and barter would work just as well in HOI3 - it would be simpler, the results would be similar and the AI would have one thing less to worry about. Therefore, IMO money should either have a more distinct role (like in AOD or DH) or be removed altogether. There is no point in using half-measures here.