• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
First Play as daimyo Taira clan of Japan because my ancestor(a lower samurai) served them.:cool:
To unification of Japan,my infamy go up 70 above.and many bad events screw me...
I'm tired of endless rebellions and stability drop events.so I quited the game.

I thouht that the Japan unification decision should be tweak a bit(it requires too many infamy).

More helpfully, it should probably be returned to the previous rightful owner, which was the other, most common solution in MM. I'm very sad to see that's how the Empire works now. Basically encourages the Emperor to let others take chunks out of what it's supposed to be defending.

Well, the presumption was that an OPM got annexed, which is at least as common, but yes: if it's a chunk taken out of an still-existing faction, I agree. Still, encouraging the loss of Imperial provinces is nothing new to EU3 vanilla - in HttT, I could just sell territory I wanted a core on to Poland, Hungary, Naples or some French minor and take it right back.

I noticed that Bulgaria's capital has been changed form Sofia to Tarnovo, which was the historical capital of Bulgaria, I remember there was a thread moaning about Bulgaria's capital being Sofia in the game and the OP said it should be Tarnovo :)

First Play as daimyo Taira clan of Japan because my ancestor(a lower samurai) served them.:cool:
To unification of Japan,my infamy go up 70 above.and many bad events screw me...
I'm tired of endless rebellions and stability drop events.so I quited the game.

I thouht that the Japan unification decision should be tweak a bit(it requires too many infamy).

you just need to do it slower :)

I also went with Taira as my first game have annexed the first daimyo (Fujiwara) and taken 3 provinces from Minamoto and the 3 province island from Tachibana. Around 27infamy in 1432 and burning around 1 infamy a year atm.

Edit: totally forgot, my first impression was this is AWESOME! ... then i wanted to kiss the staff at paradox though i bet they wouldnt like it with beard and all :D

I'm playing as the Teutonic Order and I'm about 15 years in and Poland/Lithuania are still at war with the Golden Horde. As soon as I finish up my wars with smaller HRE members I'm going to turn my focus East and declare war on Lithuania or the Russian minors so I can get to the Horde myself.

After reading through this thread I may wait for the first patch before I start a game even though I pre-ordered.

like the expansion so far, best parts are the hordes, trade, the map and buildings. The shogunate is kind of redundant, really needs more decisions and more things to do, not a huge fan of the chinese factions either, i still think ming needs more challenges. Other than that its interesting to see mutampa as world leading producer of gold in 1400 :p. Wasnt novogrod independent from the horde in httt and muscowy a vassal? strange that its opposite now. Oh well give it 7/10 so far :)

First Impression:

-Very nice graphics, FoW, unit types, interface greatly improved with messages and triggered mods
-More politically focused gameplay with the new SoI system (you now have to accurately manage both magistrates and diplomats, the latter is new)
-Call to arms is even more neat than I thought! (though the AI often accepts if and asks WP immediately)

I have still to try Japan and China :), but for now, I'm very happy.

The only bug I have run into is playing as France. When went to war with England and Portugal came in I suddenly knew were the Creek were in North America but not the sea zones to them. odd

I had a similar problem, but more amusing. England declared a crusade on the Creek... in 1399. Pretty sure no one knows the sea zones to get there.. :rofl:

I had a similar problem, but more amusing. England declared a crusade on the Creek... in 1399. Pretty sure no one knows the sea zones to get there.. :rofl:

The only bug I have run into is playing as France. When went to war with England and Portugal came in I suddenly knew were the Creek were in North America but not the sea zones to them. odd

This feature was already in HTTT. When you think of it, it is not entirely strange to be at least vaguely aware of the capital of someone you are at war with. Although Creek in 1399 was admittedly a bit much...

I've found a bug with the achievements.. just taking Ceylon gave me the "Conquer all of India" achievement.. thought i'd let you know :)

This feature was already in HTTT. When you think of it, it is not entirely strange to be at least vaguely aware of the capital of someone you are at war with. Although Creek in 1399 was admittedly a bit much...

It's not so much that, as declaring a crusade against a target no one can possibly reach. It basically locks out the ability to use a crusade for X number of years since no one can destroy the target. (The wiki says 50 years, but that was back in IN. Not sure if it changed.)

Also let me say, you have excellent taste in forum avatar. ;)

-The new alliance system is pretty cool; I saw Burgundy get its ass handed to it by a chain reaction of alliances, in which all of the bordering HRE countries ended up attacking at once, leaving Burgundy utterly crushed. This was all without Bohemian intervention, and happened just 5 years in! The result was Burgundy losing its CoT very early, which in turn lead to France eating up all its cores in Burgundies weak state. I have never seen Burgundy crippled this early on, except perhaps back in the days of the BBB.

-Graphically, huge improvement. I can't say I like how literalaly the term 'Fog of war' was taken, but other than that I can only say that I'm impressed! I would like to remove the blue grid from the zoomed out map though; it looks good in V2 because it suits the timeframe, and the Terra Incognita looks good as well. In EUIII the blue grid doesn't quite work though.

-Trade's left me a bit confused. Why can't I trade in the majority of CoT's?

-The achivements, despite my initial protests, are nicely implimented. I half expected them to be completly 'in your face', becoming the centre piece of all Paradoxian's prfolie. It takes a secondary role however, which is what I was hoping for. Some of the achievments seem a bit pointless (Because getting a royal marrige is so hard, right guys?), others seem downright impossible (Jihad, I predict, will become the number 1 bragging right for years to come...). Most of them however are either amusing or just right.

Last edited:
I am facing huge problem with saving/autosaving the game. It is outrageously slow 15-20 years after beginning, actually it takes several minutes to complete. It took few seconds in the beginning, but during the time it became insupportable slow, and keep using more and more time to complete. Sorry for bad english.

EDIT: My brother has got all these keys and icons, so I am not cheater, as somebody might consider.

I am facing huge problem with saving/autosaving the game. It is outrageously slow 15-20 years after beginning, actually it takes several minutes to complete. It took few seconds in the beginning, but during the time it became insupportable slow, and keep using more and more time to complete. Sorry for bad english.

I have not run into this, but I think there was a thread in the tech support sub-forum. Try registering your games and there might be an answer in there. The tech people are usually quick and very helpful.