• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am facing huge problem with saving/autosaving the game. It is outrageously slow 15-20 years after beginning, actually it takes several minutes to complete. It took few seconds in the beginning, but during the time it became insupportable slow, and keep using more and more time to complete. Sorry for bad english.
Register your game (EU3 or EU3 Complete, not just the expansion) and post in the bug reports forum.

They really should release games on Thursday or Friday
Then we wouldn't have all the devs on the forum over the weekend. This way they can get feedback just in case they need to release a hotfix or something before the weekend.

First impression is that I love it. I'm not sure about the new system where countries give illegally held provinces to the Emperor but apart from that the game is awesome.

Loving it. Everything has been said above pretty much. Do national focuses serve any other function anymore other than provide those boosts to surrouding provinces? Are almost all of the provincial decisions gone?

My only dislike is how easy it is to amass Cultural tradion is now. Just spam paintings, no cost besides Magistrates, and they are fairly easy to generate.

On the good side, japan, new graphics, new building interface and design and peace screen.

My guess is this is a bug with the Scottish hordes. There is not country limit, so even England will get the insane bonuses to MP and tax for holding Highland provinces.

All three scottish triggered modifier specifically have tag = sco as a trigger so that shouldn't be.

My only dislike is how easy it is to amass Cultural tradion is now. Just spam paintings, no cost besides Magistrates, and they are fairly easy to generate.

On the good side, japan, new graphics, new building interface and design and peace screen.

Yeah thought like this too in the beginning. But now... It has taken me a decade to even get churches everywhere and I've unlocked 4 more building types during that time. Takes forever to build a proper infastructure if you're a bigger country.

I agree with most people. It's a great expansion. Some negative things though:

- Emperor is getting too many free provinces. This needs to be balanced out.

- Ping pong alliances, there really needs to be some restrictions on how many times you can all in the same allies to combat.

- Newly called allies getting leader in the war, seems a bit unbalanced. I saw my war vs. Epirus as Byzantium switch war leader 4 times before i finally lost. Wallacia took leader, called in Venice, they took over and called in their own allies and then Bohemia took over from there. Epirus -> Wallacia -> Venice -> Bohemia. All of them calling in new allies. Which ended up in a nightmare 10 year war over Epirus?

- Emperor is getting too many free provinces. This needs to be balanced out.

Trust me, as playing emperor/Austria in our multiplayer game, those "free" provinces are killing you. The negative prestige and badboy really hurt and leads to electors stop voting for you. I quickly had to give up most of them to be able to survive as emperor.

Trust me, as playing emperor/Austria in our multiplayer game, those "free" provinces are killing you. The negative prestige and badboy really hurt and leads to electors stop voting for you. I quickly had to give up most of them to be able to survive as emperor.
Yes, in my game, AI Austria has 110 Infamy and it keeps rising due to the "free" provences.

All three scottish triggered modifier specifically have tag = sco as a trigger so that shouldn't be.
Ah, sorry... my modding skills are pretty much non-existant. There was some kind of error with the missions, though, wasn't there?

Yes, in my game, AI Austria has 110 Infamy and it keeps rising due to the "free" provences.

Yep, that's the problem I've seen. I actually think this calls for a hotfix: the AI needs to know to release these 'demesne' territories as princes again.

Personally, I'd like to see it done via decision such that the Emperor may either release as a vassal for +1-5 Authority or release as independent for the usual +10, but that's more 5.1 material. For now, an AI hotfix would be great. :)

Last edited:

From what I've seen so far those "free" provinces are killing the emperor. Playing as the Teutonic Order I have seen Austria, Bohemia, Bavaria and Brandenburg taking turns in becoming Emperor and collapse due to high infamy.

Btw, can I still get the "early Reich" achievement if I form Prussia as soon as the Reformation starts and only later Germany?

Colonise them once you occupy them.

Then I need the enuchs in power, and some dev has hardwired them to still have 0 influence 50 years into the game...:p But thanks. Now fix that AI horde bug, will ya.:p

I have lots of fun btw, how am I to get to work in a useable state tomorrow?:(

Yep, that's the problem I've seen. I actually think this calls for a hotfix: the AI needs to know to release these 'demesne' territories as princes again.

+1

I had quite some fun with my Tachibana. What surely surprised me, was the impression that the AI would chose to balance powers, in case that it had the option to pick any of both sides of a war. Probably just random series of experiences, but I liked it nevertheless. ;)

I hope that Paradox will so us the favor and fix the most obvious and urgent bugy via a hotfix. Not that funny when you manage to gain 3 provinces, while you see the Ming gobble threw all those hordes.