• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Ouch the Scotts are tougher.
I invaded with my 12 K army in 1399 but was sent packing by a huge army appearing from the highlands.

Mission accomplished!

Seems after the general power creep in Sweden, King makes sure that Scotland can shine. God forbid if you ever get a French employee. EU3: The return of the BBB

I guess you can partly give King credit for this as he makes sure Scotland gets annexed in every game as he seems to prefere playing England ;) To battle this I buffed both Scotland and France!

- So far, every time I get called into a war, the pop up gives me the -2 stab hit for no CB. Anyone else seeing that alot (I used to see it all the time in the old 4.1b patch, but only if I responded too quickly)?

- No more pop. census to use up your magistrates (not that I expect to have many extra ones, now that my empire is forming up)

- Weights and Measures from the beginning. Interesting.

The message says -2 stab, but you don't actually get any stability loss when called now, unless it's to the attacker's side after more than 3 months. Guess that fix didn't make release.

There's always CT for excess magistrates!

Weights and Measures is visible from the beginning, but still has the same requirements. It was just so people know it's there.

Ive been having a brilliant time as the oirate horde, but have run into a bump. If i declare war on the Timirid Horde, Aceh joins the war on their side and this happens, centred on my capital if you click on it "[messagehandler.h:261]: 24 June, 1410 NULL_MESSAGE_LOG" which ends the war in a second. Which is troublesome but who knows.

Also, the new things are BRILLIANT! especially how good it all looks, and it seems to go faster too
and can an annex tibet mission be completed without giving up the hordliness?

Hmm, Ache shouldn't be able to ally them and join in.

For the null message setting, delete messagetypes_custom in your EUIII folder.

Technically you could occupy tibet and hope all their provinces defect to you which should make you succeed. Fairly unlikely though.

The only bug I have run into is playing as France. When went to war with England and Portugal came in I suddenly knew were the Creek were in North America but not the sea zones to them. odd

Are you sure Creek didn't come in too? When you go to war with someone you haven't discovered their capital is revealed.

1.75 magistrates a year in the first 100 years or so seems unlikely really. Early gov types at 0.5-0.6, 0.25 if you expand bureaucracy and some from SoI and you're lucky if you're getting 1/year.

Playing as Fujiwara I get 2,25 Magistrates per year within the first 100 years, which is way too much imo. I can build every building I want and still have enough magistrates to spam paintings and advisors with 100 tradition.

If you haven't drastically expanded that's not a big deal, what have you unlocked, tier 2 buildings by then? Even if you have half of Japan that's only ~15 provinces.

I was refering to this part of code, that used to be found on most good events in randomevents.txt:

Ahh, thought you meant the triggered modifer. No, not sure who removed that.

Dafool: You have the biggest surplus when you're small and low tech. Certainly in my SCA game I can't build even half the buildings I want even while getting 4 magistrates/year

My game also runs clearly faster than before. Im finding myself wishing for a speed a bit lower than the max but still faster than the slow-mo that is (Max - 1). Not a huge deal.

Haha, theres an event with a flag called Braveheart that gives the Scots free armies until 1500 :D

Noob scripting mistake by me. When switching the event from a country to a province event I forgot to add a owner = {} scope around setting/checking the flag... So defeating Scotland will be a bit more of a challenge than I had planned ;) The highlanders will definitely coming down in thousands...

I'm wondering if the AI is not able to cheat and conquer Hordes although they are not supposed to. I've see AI Manchu obtain vassalization of a Horde in a peace deal... although, me, as Ming, could only obtain a tribute and couldn't colonize given the bureaucrats where in power. :wacko:

Yes, there seem to be a bug with the AI.

First impression:
1) New graphics look fantastic!
2) Added provinces & countries really improve the game.
3) Way too much magistrates (around 1.0 basic, currently 2.05 as Holland @ 1415)
4) Sneaky new AI! It now has a bunch of neat tricks and tactics up its sleeves. Really a great improvement.
5) Trade in league COTs only possible if you are part of a league - a good nerf for early game trading nations.
6) Trade bonus modifiers - I still think a percentage based system would have been better than a treshold...
7) The new "Call allies" feature seems to result in huge scale wars - eneny allies call their allies whom call their allies whom call their allies - and so forth.

My guess is this is a bug with the Scottish hordes. There is not country limit, so even England will get the insane bonuses to MP and tax for holding Highland provinces.

All three scottish triggered modifier specifically have tag = sco as a trigger so that shouldn't be.

- Emperor is getting too many free provinces. This needs to be balanced out.

Trust me, as playing emperor/Austria in our multiplayer game, those "free" provinces are killing you. The negative prestige and badboy really hurt and leads to electors stop voting for you. I quickly had to give up most of them to be able to survive as emperor.