• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You act like a dystopian nightmare is a bad thing. Now do your best to make it Orwellian.

Crazy man

Crazy? I completely disagree. I really do think the financial investment in building a canal somewhere in Central America would benefit The Confederates a lot more than...oh, say this.

2n15mz5.jpg

The CSA succeeds in finding the source of the Nile, which is named Lake Davis, in honor of the first Confederate president.

You found a lake in Africa. Big deal. :rolleyes:

:laugh:

Last edited:
Hey those lakes are important for bragging rights.

Indeed. One must be aware of the 19th century mentality. It was all a political pissing contest.

Reactions:
I do enjoy a good CSA AAR. This AAR seems one such gem. I'll be watching for more.

Chapter 6 - More Expansion

As has been shown in the recent elections, the peoples of the recently acquired states of the Confederacy are unable to properly participate in civilized elections. The Congress should consider restricting voting privileges to those citizens who prove themselves capable of acting proper.

-Nathan Bedford Forrest, regarding the violent elections of 1874

jgl1zs.jpg

The CSA declares war on Haiti, hoping to unite all of Hispaniola under the Stars and Bars.

n3wvnq.jpg

Elections begin, and they prove to be less than peaceful. The citizens of the recently conquered states of the Confederacy were given voting rights, despite these new citizens wanting nothing to do with the CSA. The instability during and following the election makes some influential whites campaign for voting restrictions. These restrictions were never put into place, but the campaigns helped construct a rift between the Northern states, and the Southern Latin states.

aetus3.jpg

Haiti is subjugated. Many international observers watch the new situation with interest. The Confederacy re-instituted slavery on Hispaniola, and nation carved out of the most successful slave rebellion in history is not likely to take kindly to this. Free blacks in Hispaniola were not re-enslaved, however many begin to feel less secure in their positions as free men and women.

v8hsut.jpg

The Confederacy moves against the Dutch, in hopes of seizing their Caribbean land.

v5vjfn.jpg

The Whigs are reelected.

21n2y2x.jpg

The Dutch capitulate.

15yyvbs.jpg

Mardi Gras is declared a state holiday in Louisiana.

34srynb.jpg

2rzooqo.jpg

After a brief war, the Danish cede Saint Thomas to the CSA.

symuys.jpg

Richmond is declared to be female.

2vsf2mx.jpg

Nicaragua is invaded.

5oxs06.jpg

In the United States, people celebrate the coming 100th birthday of their nation.

119qplu.jpg

Nicaragua surrenders.

o9n4me.jpg

The North German Federation begins constructing the Kiel Canal.

vqlfe1.jpg

The Mexican government is toppled, and the new government severs ties with the CSA. The Confederacy declares that they will respond with force.

2vcavdc.jpg

A Comet is sighted. People begin to panic, until they realize that they aren't in Europa Universalis.

Ah, comets. I remember an EU3 game where I had 3 comets in a year's time, throwing my then massive empire into anarchy. I also remember getting 2 comets in a row in another EU3 game, and was annexed not long after, making me wonder if they were right to panic...

Wow, that comet event is OP in terms of prestige gained.

"Richmond is declared to be female" :laugh:

Pretty unrealistic that the Latinos would get voting rights but I guess there's nothing you can really do about it

Why?

So, only the Mexicans and the Brits remain then with land you have claims on. Obviously you're going for the Mexicans first, but that final showdown ought to be interesting.

did my eyes deceive me or there is a little little polish state in the corridor?