• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is it just my game, or is the -15% for non-core CoT penalty gone? It's in the static_modifiers file, but if it's there, it's not showing up in the tooltips.
*edit*
Also I'd swear it looks like the Importation Act penalty is applying even though I never passed that law.
*edit2*
After playing a bit more, the penalties seem to have reappeared/disappeared to what should be their proper states. The main difference that comes to mind, I'd recently reached 0 Infamy when I checked before, and just finished a war where I gained 7 Infamy when I checked again.

You do not get the penalty in your owned CoTs.

Also, if you are in a Trade League and have less BB than your Trade Leader, you use his trading chances. That's why you might see the penalty sometimes, and other times not.

Also, if you are in a Trade League and have less BB than your Trade Leader, you use his trading chances. That's why you might see the penalty sometimes, and other times not.

Aha!

What if the launcher crashes when I try to update from there? What do I do? Can you provide a link?

There is a direct link to the patch in the tech support sticky.

You do not get the penalty in your owned CoTs.

Ohh.. then it was Venice who took that decision.. but wait, how many of their "chances" am I using? I'm still getting benefits of my rTrade Efficiency, my advisor, my NI, etc.

I thought the Hordes were supposed to be much more likely to resolve wars with tribute now.

I just saw Poland get fully horde-annexed by the GH.

And I don't mean a tiny post-premature-Partitions Poland, I mean the whole thing (apart from Poznan and Kalisz, which I'd taken from them decades ago), including Danzig and Warmia which Poland had taken from the TO

Um... I've got 2 questions:

1) I've got Steam version of the game. How can I check the version of my game and where to download the newest patch?
2) Where can I download beta patches? I was told by my friend that all Paradox games are pretty much unplayable for the first 6-12 months after release and even now all possible beta patches are a must-have for me. I tried FAQ but it seems empty...

Thanks in advance.

Makavcio
Steam doesn't have the patch yet.
When you start the game, the version will be in the lower left. From Steam your version will be 5.0 if you just bought it.
Download the patch my gong to C/programfiles86/steam/steamapps/common/eu3complete and then click on the black square that brings up the launcher. From the launcher there is an update button that will update to 5.1.

Thanks, Break. I've just noticed that 5.1b patch was published on 24-11-2010 (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/content.php?331-Heir-to-the-Throne-4.1b-Released). Should I expect any patches to be ever available on Steam or will I have to manually run launcher, which is being skipped by Steam, and check for them the old way from time to time?

And what about beta patches? I can't find any place publishing them though they seem very popular around people here.

Thanks, Break. I've just noticed that 5.1b patch was published on 24-11-2010 (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/content.php?331-Heir-to-the-Throne-4.1b-Released). Should I expect any patches to be ever available on Steam or will I have to manually run launcher, which is being skipped by Steam, and check for them the old way from time to time?

And what about beta patches? I can't find any place publishing them though they seem very popular around people here.
That link is to the 4.1 patch, not 5.1

Steam will release the 5.1 patch, but we here do not know when, you'd have to ask them.

The betas , and indeed the full 5.1 patch, are only available to those who register EU3, Eu3:Complete or EU3 Chronicles. It you bought EU3 Chronicles from Steam you probably have an EU3:Complete code that doesn't work here, see the instructions in the first post of this thread http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-register-your-EU3-Chronicles-code-from-Steam

Makavcio
Steam doesn't have the patch yet.
When you start the game, the version will be in the lower left. From Steam your version will be 5.0 if you just bought it.
Download the patch my gong to C/programfiles86/steam/steamapps/common/eu3complete and then click on the black square that brings up the launcher. From the launcher there is an update button that will update to 5.1.

Hum, didn't know you could manually patch the Steam version. Is it safe? Meaning - it won't cause CtDs or bugs because of the different file structure or something the like? :)

Hum, didn't know you could manually patch the Steam version. Is it safe? Meaning - it won't cause CtDs or bugs because of the different file structure or something the like? :)

It is safe, but Steam will automatically revert it if you don't tell Steam to not auto-update.

Copy the game folder outside of C:\Program Files (and thus also outside of Steam), and you can patch the copied folder and play from there, circumventing Steam entirely.

The betas , and indeed the full 5.1 patch, are only available to those who register EU3, Eu3:Complete or EU3 Chronicles.
To clarify, the direct link to the full 5.1 patch is only available to registered users. Updating to 5.1 through the launcher (eu3.exe) should work even without any registration.

Does anyone else have a problem connecting to the Paradox server through the launcher? It won't connect since I updated to 5.1 (manually).
Known issue. The 5.1 patch changes the address that the launcher looks at to something that doesn't currently work. A quick-fix would be to edit launcher\launcher.cfg and change v50.html to 50.html . We don't yet know if Paradox is planning to fix the website or fix the file (or both). Doesn't really matter unless Paradox releases another expansion or patch though.

It is safe, but Steam will automatically revert it if you don't tell Steam to not auto-update.

Copy the game folder outside of C:\Program Files (and thus also outside of Steam), and you can patch the copied folder and play from there, circumventing Steam entirely.

It's perfectly safe. The game starts without Steam. You can copy the entire directory somewhere else and that'll start happily on its own.

Thanks to both of you, I'll do that :)

Just tried to manually patch Steam version, but I'm still getting wrong checksum - XXVU
What I had before: 5.0 Divine Wind on steam (I did "Verify integrity of the game cache" before starting)

Here is what I did:
1) Copied the "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\europa universalis iii - complete" folder content to c:\games\EU3 and deleted the "C:\games\EU3\map\cache" folder
2) Ran the downloaded patch - eu3_v5.1.exe and pointed it to the C:\games\EU3 folder. Got "Install successful" or something like this, no errors.
3) Now when I start the game (with the eu3.exe from the C:\games\EU3 folder) I'm getting XXVU checksum.

I tried deleting cache folder and restarting the game - no luck, still getting the same wrong checksum

Do I miss something / do something wrong? Or it's impossible to get correct checksum this way?

Welcome to the forum, TsarSPb !
Just tried to manually patch Steam version, but I'm still getting wrong checksum - XXVU
What I had before: 5.0 Divine Wind on steam (I did "Verify integrity of the game cache" before starting)

Here is what I did:
1) Copied the "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\europa universalis iii - complete" folder content to c:\games\EU3 and deleted the "C:\games\EU3\map\cache" folder
2) Ran the downloaded patch - eu3_v5.1.exe and pointed it to the C:\games\EU3 folder. Got "Install successful" or something like this, no errors.
3) Now when I start the game (with the eu3.exe from the C:\games\EU3 folder) I'm getting XXVU checksum.

I tried deleting cache folder and restarting the game - no luck, still getting the same wrong checksum

Do I miss something / do something wrong? Or it's impossible to get correct checksum this way?

First verify you have the correct checksum in your original installation and in the copy of it. Delete the cache only after updating and launch/exit 2 times the game.
If the problems persist, please post in the tech support, where your question belongs, for more help. Thanks !