+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't register your EU3 Chronicles code from Steam?

Producer Paradox Dev Team Kallocain's Avatar

Can't register your EU3 Chronicles code from Steam?

The expansions work but not the base game? You have a serial that start with COMS? We are aware of the issue.
    Steam has stopped giving out these codes now, but for those of you who bought the game some time ago and now want to register, here is what you can do:
    Open a ticket at http://paradox.zendesk.com/
    Say that you have a COMS code and include these things:
    1. Your code.
    2. A screenshot from within Steam where we can see the code as well as your account name.
    3. The receipt that Steam e-mailed you.

When we see these things, we will send you a code back. Note that the code will be valid for EU3 Complete, as that is what Steam actually gives you. The httt and dw code they also give you works fine.

If your code doesn't start with COMS, please make sure you've selected EU3 Complete from the list of games when registering before you contact support.
    Last edited by Kallocain; 20-10-2011 at 14:05. Reason: updated Kallocain's quote with the new information on COMS-only

Ya having this exact problem. =/

Thank you! subscribed

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Thank you for this statement, thought I was the only one with this problem.

I'm glad someone caught onto this. It's frustrating not to have the tech support.

Is there also a similar problem with Divine Winds? I can't register it. I have bought it today on Steam (expansion only, not EU III Chronicles, as I had the rest already)

51 games registered

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Not a known problem, no. Lots of people have successfully registered DW here. Can you register your HttT here?
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death .... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. Bertrand Russell

Strangely enough, there is no Key for HttT, even more strange, Steam does not remember that know I bought the game. And I could buy it again, this is weird. I know I bought and it I had HttT, as I played the Hansa last year. I think It was some kind of special Steam package were you got EU III Complete + HttT and Rome:Complete + VV in one package.

Could I even play Divine Winds without HttT? I did a clean Steam install of EU III yesterday, and it works like a charm. This is very strange.

Oh, and on this Paradox Connect thingy, Divine Wind is shown under "My Games"

Ya, I bought Chronicles and it only gave me the keys for HTT, DW, and the original game (cant register chronicles or the original game hence this thread) but what about In Nomine where is that at?

Also i can only run Divine wind through steam since it has no options to run the other games.... wtf?

51 games registered

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by SimonG597 View Post
    Strangely enough, there is no Key for HttT, even more strange, Steam does not remember that know I bought the game. And I could buy it again, this is weird. I know I bought and it I had HttT, as I played the Hansa last year. I think It was some kind of special Steam package were you got EU III Complete + HttT and Rome:Complete + VV in one package.

Could I even play Divine Winds without HttT? I did a clean Steam install of EU III yesterday, and it works like a charm. This is very strange.

Oh, and on this Paradox Connect thingy, Divine Wind is shown under "My Games"
    OK, so you have a situation quite separate from what this thread is about. To answer your question, DW will not work without HttT. But all you need to have registered are the base EU3 game or Complete to access Tech Support (which you have) and DW to access PC/achievements/Metaserver. It's not clear to me if your problem is with the DW key Steam have given you, or the registration page here. You need to either contact Steam to get a new DW key that works, or post in the Forum Help forum here.
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death .... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. Bertrand Russell

51 games registered

Quote Originally Posted by wyatt842 View Post
    Ya, I bought Chronicles and it only gave me the keys for HTT, DW, and the original game (cant register chronicles or the original game hence this thread) but what about In Nomine where is that at?

Also I can only run Divine wind through steam since it has no options to run the other games.... wtf?
    Steam's version of Chronicles doesn't give you keys for NA or IN, which doesn't matter as those icons don't give you anything. What they ought to give you is Eu3:Complete+HttT+DW, OR just Chronicles, but for reasons I don't understand they are giving out base EU3+HttT+DW; again this doesn't matter except that the base EU3 keys they're giving out don't work. I'm sure that Kallocain will sort that out with Steam soon.

Corporal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Oh, good. I just bought Europea Universalis Chronicles as my first Paradox game, but while Heir and Divine Wind would register, the 'base' code (COMS start) wouldn't. I hope this can be sorted out soon.

Do I need to register the base game to access the tech support forums? I am having that issue with huge save files, and I registered all expansions but not the base (key starts with COMS). As a result of this bug I can't work around the .. other bug. The game is currently unplayable.

Is the key required for multi player?

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBaconstein View Post
    Is the key required for multi player?
    Nope, but you'll need it for access to the MP forums where most MP sessions are organised.
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by puca View Post
    Do I need to register the base game to access the tech support forums? I am having that issue with huge save files, and I registered all expansions but not the base (key starts with COMS). As a result of this bug I can't work around the .. other bug. The game is currently unplayable.
    Yes, you need yoru base game registered for access to the tech support forum, sorry
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by wyatt842 View Post
    Ya, I bought Chronicles and it only gave me the keys for HTT, DW, and the original game (cant register chronicles or the original game hence this thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    Q: I just bought EU3 Complete/HTTT/DW/Chronicles off Steam but where do I get my CD Key from to put into the forums?

A: When you have the game selected, on the right are a bunch of links, click the CD Key link. A box will pop up with all your CD keys. The Europa Universalis 3 one is for Complete.
    So it is not the code for the original game and the two addons but for EU3-Complete, which contains the basic game and the first two addons. Doesn't solve the problem with the EU3-Complete code not functioning of course ...

Producer Paradox Dev Team Kallocain's Avatar

Could one of you with the COMS keys from Steam link/upload a screen shot of where you see the key please?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 26 ... LastLast