• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I dont know, if this question has been raised before, but I want to know it anyway. Is this mod playable on Mac Machines if you don't have a steam version?

Can you play other mods on the Mac? Can you play the game if not a steam version on the Mac? If yes then why not?

In my new game Republican Spain wins the Spanish Civil War. Can I do anything to avoid this country win the war?

Play as Nationalist Spain? Fund partisans? DoW Rep Spain?

Yes, I realise you cannot play as Nat Spain in Dies Irae, just making a point

Regarding the use of spies to get an early Anschluss or Czeck event:

In vanilla, I would max out spies in Austria on 1/36 and usually get Anschluss by November-December 1936. This still holds for DI:G. Maxing out spies in 1 month versus more gradually is worth the investment - if you don't have 10 spies in Austria until 3/1936, for example, aschluss won't fire until around 3/37.

Organization is what you are building and it is what usually is the trigger. I'm not sure what mechanism relates Organization->Popularity, but there is a random element. Save on the last day of the month, run forward to the first day of the next month, and check the Popularity change - it waries widely from +5/-5 % depending on your luck.

This doesn't affect Austria much, because it is Organization that is the easiest trigger to fulfill, and it seems to not be as random. However, for the Czecs, even if you also max spies from 1/36, you won't have enough organization by 1/1939. You can have enough popularity if you are lucky (or willing to game things and reload), but the odds seem to be about 50/50.

Got what I deserved.

:eek:
With the capture of the Baltic States I decide to turn my attention to Holland & Switzerland. In March the Belgians fell. In April the best laid plans of mice and men unravelled. My panzers crossed into France on April 1st. Later that month the Soviets declared war. Holy Hindenberg! I got what I deserved, a two front war. :wacko:

With the capture of the Baltic States I decide to turn my attention to Holland & Switzerland. In March the Belgians fell. In April the best laid plans of mice and men unravelled. My panzers crossed into France on April 1st. Later that month the Soviets declared war. Holy Hindenberg! I got what I deserved, a two front war. :wacko:

Haha, don't dare to steal the Baltic states from the Soviets. :p

Thanks for the report Bsharp. :)
AI can't defend if not helped. But don't worry even with that you should be able to perform Sealion without much trouble (unless playing higher difficulties). I wish British AI used its navy in order to prevent any landing (and then the only way to make a proper sealion would be to ensure there is no ship left in around UK isles) but I can't do that.

You're right. I was biding my time, building what I expected to need for Sea Lion. To fill the time, I dispersed my army to prepare for invading Switzerland, Hungary, and Norway. The UK thought it saw an opening and invaded Belgium with 14 divisions. In the process, they left Plymouth undefended. The force in Belgium has been eliminated and I have expanded my beachhead to include Bristol and Portsmouth. The UK's days are numbered.

Can somebody tell me how is the 88 mm. faring? Is it really worth to give a lot of your units this guns? I was thinking about giving half (or a quarter) of my infatry units this gun for Barbarossa and the other half normal artillery. What do you think?

Holy Hindenburg! What a quote.

In my new game Republican Spain wins the Spanish Civil War. Can I do anything to avoid this country win the war?

Intervene and hope that Italy also does. The Soviets usually also intervenes, but you can always hope that they don't. Try making deals with the Nat.Spain to supply them with what they are lacking. The SCW lasted until march 37 for me, but I often thought that the Nat would lose. They fight was really equal, and only after the Italian Intervention followed a break though for the Nats and they slowly but finally took the remaining VPs.

Can somebody tell me how is the 88 mm. faring? Is it really worth to give a lot of your units this guns? I was thinking about giving half (or a quarter) of my infatry units this gun for Barbarossa and the other half normal artillery. What do you think?

Well, it has a base move of 7 so it (almost) can keep up with normal motorised infantry, so it is a waste if you want to use it with regular infantry. Better save it for those motorised divisions that need an extra punch against enemy armor, where normal AT would slow them down. :)

I don't know if this has been a vanilla change or DI but in my current game bomber wings take an absurd amount of damage when bombing divisions. I'm bombing one infantry division on Rhodos (greek island) to support an amphibious assault, and after a few days the 3 bomber wings went from 100% strength and org to 30 strength and 0 org!
Rhodos doesn't even have flak, so it's those 3 infantry brigades that are doing all the damage...

I don't know if this has been a vanilla change or DI but in my current game bomber wings take an absurd amount of damage when bombing divisions. I'm bombing one infantry division on Rhodos (greek island) to support an amphibious assault, and after a few days the 3 bomber wings went from 100% strength and org to 30 strength and 0 org!
Rhodos doesn't even have flak, so it's those 3 infantry brigades that are doing all the damage...

The AI seems to use a lot of AA-brigades, sure the defenders didn't have any? But you're right, air forces do take lots of damage.

Last edited: