• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can you provide a screenshot please ?

bug2ji.png

Note that the bug also shows on planes and ships but it does NOT show in the production tab.

Vorwärts Panzers.
I don't think my changes could cause this. (but you never know;-))
On a side note, when Vorwärts Panzers for 1.3 is ready, try it. It adds a lot more than only a detailed tank mod.

I'm just really worried because you added the def/tough changes and in my analysis this has impacts on the game that grow in the latter years. Things should be fine with all 1938 techs and even 1940 techs won't produce situations that are much beyond what random numbers can produce. But 1942/1944 techs have a much bigger impact. Even Darkrenown said in a thread that they didn't include it in SF and won't port it back to SF due to these balance issues. I won't get into all the concerns here as I posted them in other threads.

I do like your mod overall. I of course will try it for DIG once it's compatible with the latest release especially since most of my games end in 1942 with the destruction France, UK and the SU. I only rarely play till 1944 with the invasion of the USA.

Problems 30. November 1939

Sorry, but maybe I am too stupid for this game:

I resumed my with 1.02 started game with 1.03 update (1936 Scenario) am during the 30th November 1939 I am in war with the Soviet Union - everytime.

When I play this day with the Soviet Union I am again automatically in War with the 3rd Reich - without any action.

Help please.

P.S. There are more then 60 Divisions in Eastern Prussia an the occupied part of Poland ...

I'm still playing through my first DI:G game. After reading through some of the other posts, I saw something about free manpower associated with Fall Gelb. Since I didn't get any, I read through the 'decisions' files and found out I've been missing out on quite a bit.

For example, the Fall Gelb decision doesn't even show up in your diplomacy screen as a potential action until AFTER you're at war with France and even then, it's only possible if you're NOT at war with the low countries. In my game, I declared war on all at the same time. Since I clicked Belgium before I clicked France, I never saw the option, even though it would have been just as easy for me to declare war in the opposite order.

I really like the idea of researching 'operations' beforehand in order to gain an advantage. This is historical, realistic, and definitely enhances this player's immersion.

I notice that most of the decisions are tied to 'no earlier than' dates. As a player who seldom follows the narrow path of history when playing a game, I'm accustomed to dealing with rules that gently (or not so gently) guide a player toward the historical path and I don't complain. However, in this case (operations research) I see an opportunity to support both styles of play.

First, I would eliminate the date triggers. If a player wants their wars to happen on the historical dates, they're free to do so. However, there is nothing in 'real life' that would restrict operational research from happening at any particular time. If Germany wanted to research Fall Gelb in 1936, there's really no reason they shouldn't be allowed to do so. If you want, you could have the effects expire 1 year after research completion to reflect the fact that o-plans must be constantly updated.

Second, I'd make the process repeatable. Let the Germans research Operation Edelweiss for 1942 and Operation Citadel for 1943, etc. You don't have to give them all unique historical names, but operational research doesn't stop just because the war has started.

Finally, (and this may be beyond the scope of what modders can do, so maybe you could suggest it to others) a player should be able to do research on ANY potential foe. I'd make the research difficulty proportional to the size of the enemy, either their number of brigades or provinces. A plan for Hungary is going to be much simpler than a plan for the USSR. A player would select OpRes, then select a target. Optionally, you might even let them select the specific type of effects they want to research. For example, maybe my operational research could give me jungle combat bonuses before I invade Brazil, or I could choose a reduced 'out of supply' penalty.

Anyway, I think this is a great addition to the game. I wish I'd known about all the possibilities you've already created before I started my game. They might have kept me on the historical path. ;)

Quick question: I just played through the event where you can choose to let Hitler die and replace him with Goering ('Attempt on Hitler's life' event) but I wonder is there an other event where I can replace Hitler with Beck and will I still be able to do this if I replace Hitler now with Goering?

Sorry, but maybe I am too stupid for this game:

I resumed my with 1.02 started game with 1.03 update (1936 Scenario) am during the 30th November 1939 I am in war with the Soviet Union - everytime.

When I play this day with the Soviet Union I am again automatically in War with the 3rd Reich - without any action.

Help please.

P.S. There are more then 60 Divisions in Eastern Prussia an the occupied part of Poland ...

The patches are not save game compatible.

Devildread could you tell us what "cheats" you used to make the AI more challenging? I seem to recall you saying something along the line of Soviet Union building units faster as more are destroyed, but are there any more like for instance, resource boost? Or did you just change the starting units and techs? Also is it just the Soviet Union that cheats, or do the other nations cheat as well?

Thanks!

Oh my god... I didn't notice that the toughness/defensiveness bug is still here, it turns out the whole time I was wasting leadership on researching technologies that I won't even be able to fully use (used to playing HPP mod, Slan changed the def/tough values there to the normal ones, he said it still needs some re-balancing, but I haven't found any problems there).

EDIT: It's October 1937 in my game and I still can't research U-Boat technologies, as it shows that "German U-boot" event prequisite is not met yet... what is going on here? As far as I remember I could research them in 1936 in my previous game. If there were supposed to be some kind of events and they didn't trigger, then there is your bug - I saved the game in early 1936 and then loaded it and apparently now none of the U-Boat events have triggered.

Firing the event manually (event 60001) won't solve the problem. Skimming the .txt files (events and technology) I noticed something odd: the first U-Boat event (60001, supposed to fire on Jan 2, 1936) sets a country flag ("submarines_ok"). The tech prerequisite, however, is the "submarines" (without "_ok") country flag.

I can't say whether this is intended or not, so just wait until Devildread sends in an answer.

Edit: Changing all the "submarines" requirements to "submarines_ok" (in this file: ../mod/Dies Irae/technologies/Submarine Technologies.txt) seems to solve the problem. Use at your own risk!
(Note: I'm using a clean install, SF 2.04f, DiG 1.03, no additional mods, downloaded from GG on wednesday).

Last edited:
Devildread, you are still completely ignoring me. I loaded a saved game before the "German U-Boats" flag was added and now I cannot research the U-boats, I even had to trigger event 60005 manually in 1939 (a bit into the war) because it didn't trigger automatically. What is the flag that I have to edit into the savegame and when are you planning to fix this?

@Ulsterman: I'll wait for DD's response as I still want to keep the event chain going normal without any problems.

Devildread, you are still completely ignoring me. I loaded a saved game before the "German U-Boats" flag was added and now I cannot research the U-boats, I even had to trigger event 60005 manually in 1939 (a bit into the war) because it didn't trigger automatically. What is the flag that I have to edit into the savegame and when are you planning to fix this?

@Ulsterman: I'll wait for DD's response as I still want to keep the event chain going normal without any problems.

The submarines should be researchable from the very beginning with patch 1.02 and 1.03. So it IS solved.

And adding: "submarines_ok" worked perfectly fine for me, and I received events afterwards as intended. (But I changed that not later than in march.)

The submarines should be researchable from the very beginning with patch 1.02 and 1.03. So it IS solved.

And adding: "submarines_ok" worked perfectly fine for me, and I received events afterwards as intended. (But I changed that not later than in march.)

No, it is not solved, the trigger does not work in a loaded save game if it hadn't been activated in it.

No, it is not solved, the trigger does not work in a loaded save game if it hadn't been activated in it.

Not sure if this is the issue or not but I can also confirm that the event for the Uboats is not working. I am at war in 1939 and I still can only research the torpedoes under Uboats and nothing else.

Note: I'm using a clean install, SF 2.04f, DiG 1.03, no additional mods.

- Rook

as much as i know the patches are not savegame compatible, so you need to start a new game to see if the trigger is working. in new games the trigger works perfect, may be you should start a new game instead of investing time in repairing an old savefile

I am not ingnoring anyone I am just super busy at the moment.

You don't need any event to have the submarine flags with the latest patch. If you do, this is because your installation has a problem or you are using an old savegame. Be sure you have patched correctly and don't hesitate to patch again.

No german version planned, if someone wants to localize it I will be happy to include it in a patch tho. :)

I am not ingnoring anyone I am just super busy at the moment.

You don't need any event to have the submarine flags with the latest patch. If you do, this is because your installation has a problem or you are using an old savegame. Be sure you have patched correctly and don't hesitate to patch again.

OK, I repatched the game (patching, after all, is simple, I honestly can't understand how you can do this wrong...). After that I ran a little test, starting ten games as Germany - in two of them I didn't get the submarines=yes flag. With all due respect, there still seems to be something not working as desired.

For those who suffer from the problem there's a simple solution after all:
Open your savegame with an editor (notepad++ is a solid choice here) and search for the line "human=yes". You will find this:

Code:
GER=
{
	human=yes
	flags=
	{
		no_vanilla_subs=yes
	}

Simply add the line in red:

Code:
GER=
{
	human=yes
	flags=
	{
		no_vanilla_subs=yes
                [color=red]submarines=yes[/color]
	}

Problem solved, and it's not even cheating, as the flag is supposed to be set at the start of the game.