• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes I guess but this is the "creation panel" I don't understand. How can the GD popping constantly?

the popup that says the GD motorized unit is being created (if the AI is running it)
or if you try to do it manually it does not create nor does the "panel" popup stop
it keeps going off every couple of hours. What is the file its under for me to check.
I cannot find the place where the creation event is, just the unit specs.

Wow........................ The Vichy event just fired, it took me a whole year of fighting from 1939 November to 1940 May to defeat the French. I finally arrived in Paris, the event popped up, I smiled. Next day... Vichy created, half of France occupied by Italy, I barely control 30% of France. Great, isn't it?

Wow........................ The Vichy event just fired, it took me a whole year of fighting from 1939 November to 1940 May to defeat the French. I finally arrived in Paris, the event popped up, I smiled. Next day... Vichy created, half of France occupied by Italy, I barely control 30% of France. Great, isn't it?

They should get what they control when the event fire. If not this is a bug and please upload a savegame before vichy to happen.

If they control more than you, next time don't call them to arms before the fall of Paris (or live with the consequences). :)

They should get what they control when the event fire. If not this is a bug and please upload a savegame before vichy to happen.

If they control more than you, next time don't call them to arms before the fall of Paris (or live with the consequences). :)

That's STOOPID. Anyways, Italy got all of the UNOCCUPIED territory (not what they conquered), as all of their conquests were in Algeria or mainland France Vichy territory. It really sucks thought, I want to get all of France regardless of anything. By the way, why isn't there an option to do full conquest of France? I don't care about Vichy, I want them to die, they're useless and that IC is better in my hands.

redid clean install and will try again.

That's STOOPID. Anyways, Italy got all of the UNOCCUPIED territory (not what they conquered), as all of their conquests were in Algeria or mainland France Vichy territory. It really sucks thought, I want to get all of France regardless of anything. By the way, why isn't there an option to do full conquest of France? I don't care about Vichy, I want them to die, they're useless and that IC is better in my hands.

As I said if they obtain anything they don't control, this is a bug and if you can come up with a savegame I will be able to narrow it down and fix it for the next patch. :)

The option for the full conquest will be in the incoming expansion by the way.

(it may be the langage barrier but I read you as aggressive, please stay calm)

the popup that says the GD motorized unit is being created (if the AI is running it)
or if you try to do it manually it does not create nor does the "panel" popup stop
it keeps going off every couple of hours. What is the file its under for me to check.
I cannot find the place where the creation event is, just the unit specs.

Can you tell me the exact title of the panel (is it an event? I am not quite sure I understand the problem) please?

As I said if they obtain anything they don't control, this is a bug and if you can come up with a savegame I will be able to narrow it down and fix it for the next patch. :)

The option for the full conquest will be in the incoming expansion by the way.

(it may be the langage barrier but I read you as aggressive, please stay calm)

Sadly I don't have a save before the surrender. But it's easy to reproduce. I helped the Italians break throught the French border on the Italian-French border (with a CAS airwing consisting of 3 CAS, those CAS had like 80% experience after my ground attacks were done and Italians pushed throught) and basically they, together with Hungarians, conquered more territory in France than I did, but I had most of the VPs (in total I had higher VP captured) and Paris, but I only kept the territory I conquered, the rest was given to Italy.

Anyways, I'm not angry, lawl. And by the way, when you add that total conquest option, can you add some kind of another event that gives more possibilities such as giving the colonies to Italy so I don't have to suffer the pain of defending them, or perhaps let Vichy France form in colonies?

And why wasn't this option added for this expansion pack? It does have problems (as engine apparently in 1 session allows 1 nation to surreder only once, but that can be easily fixed by re-loading), but they can be avoided.

After playing through the first few years with the latest patches, I have a few observations. Overall, I'm very happy with DI:G.

1) What's the deal with UK defenses? The whole island is one big fortress. I understand that something had to be done to defend England. But, multiple level-10 radar sites and level-10 AAA in spring of '39? Why don't you give them Patriot missiles while you're at it? Is the AI completely unable to defend England with normal, historical capabilities? I'm still going to try Seelöwe...we'll see how it goes.

2) Pocket BB's have no picture on the battle screen.

3) France lost 55 national unity when they lost Paris (taking them to near zero). So, all you need to do to take France now is get to Paris. Is that the intention?

4) Subs are doing well so far. Feels about right.

5) Sweden left all its ports unguarded (most simultaneously). Even Malmo and Stockholm. I couldn't resist the almost bloodless conquest.

6) I had 10 spies in Czechoslovakia from week 2 of '36 on, continuously working to 'support our party'. Yet, we couldn't get the party sufficiently strong to allow the 'end of Czech' decision before it timed out (March '39). Is there something else a player can do to affect the availability of this decision? Is there some randomness involved that will make my actions occasionally successful? Or, is this a decision that can never be achieved?

7) Switzerland is also a fortress. Why? IRL, the Germans didn't invade Switzerland because they (the Swiss) were a source of raw materials (ie tungsten, nickel). Switzerland helped the Reich purchase these on the global market and circumvent the Allied blockade. It wasn't fortifications that saved them, it was collaboration. Instead of adding tons of fortifications, why not add an event that rewards the German with a juicy rare material contract if he honors Swiss neutrality?

8) I checked in on my ally, Japan. They've taken out all flavors of Chinese (by early '39). However, they're completely out of oil and are only importing 2 per day. If they wanted to concentrate on war in Asia (perhaps against the USSR), I suppose they wouldn't need oil for basic infantry divisions, so this could be part of a strategy. However, the Japanese are building 90% air and navy (6 CV at once!). What use are CV's & bombers without oil? Why can't they trade with the USA to build an oil stockpile? I've built a 200k stockpile (100k oil & 100k fuel) as Germany. Did my aggressive trading 'steal' what the Japanese would have traded for? Or, are they just completely inept?

9) USSR... I haven't got this far in the game yet, but I want to comment on what I read about their unit costs (time & IC) being tied to how many divisions they have 'in the field'. This leads to the 'gamey' situation where the German pens Soviet divisions into pockets but refuses to finish them off. I believe a better solution would be to re-balance what the Soviet pays for supplies vs new unit creation. You want to create a situation where they can build units cheaply (regardless of what the German does) but the limiting function is supplies. When many Soviet units are in the field (AND in supply) they won't have much IC available for construction. However, when many units are destroyed OR in out-of-supply pockets, their supply needs will fall and they can quickly build replacements.

Thanks for the report Bsharp. :)

1. AI can't defend if not helped. But don't worry even with that you should be able to perform Sealion without much trouble (unless playing higher difficulties). I wish British AI used its navy in order to prevent any landing (and then the only way to make a proper sealion would be to ensure there is no ship left in around UK isles) but I can't do that.

2. They should. :/ I'll check that.

3. This is intended. You can try to send paratroopers but the AI should defend it. If not, then, don't use paratroopers. ^^

4. Good.

5. Can't do anything about it.

6. I succeded Sudetenland and annexation in about 3-4 months earlier than historical thanks to the spies. I guess this is random (if the CZE use counter espionnage on you or not).

7. This is vanilla, I have added a tech that leads to a decision which makes -1 on all forts

8. They should commerce with USA until the war starts or until the threat is too high. Besides that I can't do anything. There is an oild bug, fixed with SF 2.04f. Maybe you are not using this patch?

9. I don't want to work around players exploit since it is a single player only DLC. I only have limited modifiers to work with and I don't see how your solution could work.

I loaded my save as other countries to see how they are doing, and saw that the USA can't build motorised divisions because they lack the tech. But the tech activating motorised brigades isn't available for research because some cavalry techs are missing completely.

i see that there is a typo connected to Garrison regiments.
in the production build screen the garrison regiments are listed
as "Garnison Regiment"

what file will allow me to correct this?

Isn't that simply the German word for garrison?

Last edited:
So far so good

Really got the 1.03 patch to work with 2.04D.

It's Jan 1, 1939. Poland, Latvia, Estonia, & Lithuania have fallen. Am waiting to see if the Soviets still annex the Baltic States. I am getting access to the new units. I especially like the new towed AA. Other units are appearing as expected. The GD Reg appeared in an unexpected place (the production build) but I got it. I will be able to access the GD techs now. :p

I like the added units the patch provides. Balance seems good. Nothing left to due but a continue the campaign with enjoyment!

I loaded my save as other countries to see how they are doing, and saw that the USA can't build motorised divisions because they lack the tech. But the tech activating motorised brigades isn't available for research because some cavalry techs are missing completely.

Isn't that simply the German word for garrison?

yes, your quite right. i just figured it out during the hunt.
while i list Osnabrueck Germany as my location that is where Walter Warlimont was born.
i'm from Las Vegas, Nevada.

yes, your quite right. i just figured it out during the hunt.
while i list Osnabrueck Germany as my location that is where Walter Warlimont was born.
i'm from Las Vegas, Nevada.

Heh, I'll admit that I was a bit confused, had to double check that I hadn't been assuming incorrectly about the word as someone seemingly German was asking what it means :)

i have a little "problem" with the game, when i press the "v" for reoccupation of the rhineland in 36 i think it is, france attack me? in vanilla HOI3 nothing happens, am i doing something wrong? and can you play as another country or is that bad? is it just like vanilla?

garnison is not just a german name for garrison it's also the swedish one... ;-)

Testing 1.03 - looks good so far...

Germany now secedes Alsac-Lorraine after defeating France. German Wikipedia says it was historically not been officially (I suppose that means in terms of recognition by the Leage of Nations or something like that) attached to the Grossdeutsche Reich. But it was more or less treated like that. So for the purpose of the game, it seems reasonable, except for Nancy and Belfort? Having this in the game, I think it would be appropriate to do the same with Eupen (Belguim).
Nothing major, though.

Great stuff, anyway!!!

Last edited: