• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet. If so, my apologies for this post being redundant. I have a question, though, about DI:G's portrayal of the U-boats. When I build these units, they are labeled as U-18, U-19, U-20, etc. What does this mean, precisely? It looks like individual U-boats. But there's no way these units can represent individual boats, is there? I mean, there were 1000+ U-boats built, and I can see no way of constructing this many in-game. Even giving the player 10 years, he or she would be required to build 100+ per year, and even then the project would not be finished until 1947, given production beginning in 1937. It seems to me that the scale of this game is larger by far than a single U-boat per unit. So what is going on?

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet. If so, my apologies for this post being redundant. I have a question, though, about DI:G's portrayal of the U-boats. When I build these units, they are labeled as U-18, U-19, U-20, etc. What does this mean, precisely? It looks like individual U-boats. But there's no way these units can represent individual boats, is there? I mean, there were 1000+ U-boats built, and I can see no way of constructing this many in-game. Even giving the player 10 years, he or she would be required to build 100+ per year, and even then the project would not be finished until 1947, given production beginning in 1937. It seems to me that the scale of this game is larger by far than a single U-boat per unit. So what is going on?

According to the strategy guide 1 interceptor unit represents 100 planes. Maybe its the same for navy?

This has happened 3 times in my latest 1.02 game. A few days after Romania reaches 100 relations with Germany, she cancels all trades of crude oil, thus lowering relations back down. After this happened to me the third time I grew frustrated at the waste of diplomacy etc. Then I found that you could get to 100 relations with Romania by patiently buying 1 energy from them at a time or selling them 1 supply at a time. This way I have maintained 100+ relations for almost a year now without incident.

But it would be nice if whatever causes Romania to cancel crude oil trades was fixed :)

Speaking of resources and trade - In my game - DI:G + Vorwarts 3a - sometime before 01SEP1939, Saudi Arabia joins the Axis. My Oil is low, so I try to setup a trade with them manually. When I try to locate a port in Saudi Arabia, there is nothing on the list that I can link as Destination or Origin.

Very sad to see my oil drop to nothing when I should have access to all the oil I can afford -- Is there someway to include the major ports of each relevant Allies/Axis member countries on that Port List, so that we can achieve such aims...... please?

Otherwise - outstanding game and thoroughly enjoyable

Cheers

Speaking of resources and trade - In my game - DI:G + Vorwarts 3a - sometime before 01SEP1939, Saudi Arabia joins the Axis. My Oil is low, so I try to setup a trade with them manually. When I try to locate a port in Saudi Arabia, there is nothing on the list that I can link as Destination or Origin.

Very sad to see my oil drop to nothing when I should have access to all the oil I can afford -- Is there someway to include the major ports of each relevant Allies/Axis member countries on that Port List, so that we can achieve such aims...... please?

Otherwise - outstanding game and thoroughly enjoyable

Cheers

You shouldn't need to trade with the Sauds to have enough oil. Start buying oil from the US from the get go and you should have plenty stockpiled by the war. When your convoys start getting sunk you'll have Romania's oil to make up for it. I'm usually able to afford 15 oil/day from the US.

You shouldn't need to trade with the Sauds to have enough oil. Start buying oil from the US from the get go and you should have plenty stockpiled by the war. When your convoys start getting sunk you'll have Romania's oil to make up for it. I'm usually able to afford 15 oil/day from the US.

Thanks for that Gumby - OK - lightbulb moment -- does this mean that I should just go to the US Diplomacy screen and try to set my trades up that way??

Cheers

Molotov von ribbentrop pact. has a bug/error?

if you let soviets propose pact 23/24 august39, of the 3 otpions the cores Germany gains are the same except for the unholy alliance, in this choice you get the same as the rest except for Leszno.
Is this WAD or just got missed out?????

Just searched through the file and "add_core = 2036" is the one you want. i have altered this in my file and it works. That was the province number present in both of the other decisions.

Can you be more specific please ?
Besides the add_core = 2036 which I have fixed (thanks), what is the problem?

- 88 AA/AT is not designed yet but it will exist in two forms: horse towed (speed 4, no fuel) and motorized (speed 7, fuel). It will be designed for desert too (as vanilla support units with the desert tech)

- Saudi Arabia convoy bug is vanilla bug, I can't do anything about it but I believe it is already known of Paradox.

I decided to keep the U-xx names but in reality those are flotillas (wolfpacks) of 3-5 subs.

According to the strategy guide 1 interceptor unit represents 100 planes. Maybe its the same for navy?

A sub counter represents a FLOTILLA of subs (3 or 4 subs, although this is an aproximate guess), even if they are labelled as single subs (U 19, U 20...). The same happens with destroyers, they represent a destroyers flotilla (3 - 4 destroyers). CLs, CAs, BBs, BCs, CVLs and CVs all represent individual ships.

Sometimes I find it much easier - and cheaper - to buy oil from Venezuela than from the USA. Just an idea if Churchill is turning Roosevelt against you early on ;)

One of the things I liked about the infantry tank or whatever it is called in ICE is the hardness it adds, allowing you to create a unit of infantry, tanks and assault engineers with the combined arms bonus.

I tested this concept in DI:G in preparation for urban warfare and AFAI recall, a unit of 2xMotInf, 1xAssaultGun and 1xEngineer had a softness of 67% thus not qualifying for combined arms bonus.

Could we possibly lower the softness of either the assault gun or the engineers by 1% in the 1.03 patch? Or is it a question of game balance? :)

Motorized troops lower their softness when they gain the next tech level so this let's them get the CA bonus.

At the risk of sounding stupid, why shouldn't one buy oil from Romania? I had enough money to buy 15 oil/day from the US and when my convoys started getting sunk I switched to 15 oil/day from Romania.

This is fixed in the new patch but the reason why this didn't work was Romania had a negative impact from the strategic effect which caused it to have a negative oil output. This forces the AI to cancel all oil trades.

Hey guys, working on the 1.03 patch (ETA friday).

I really like these changes especially the ones for French, UK, SU and USA builds.

Perhaps some sort of an event through which you could gain military access from Sweden could be added? I tried to acquire it by diplomacy, but after a while the chances became impossible. In reality they granted Germany permission to transport troops through their territory.

Perhaps some sort of an event through which you could gain military access from Sweden could be added? I tried to acquire it by diplomacy, but after a while the chances became impossible. In reality they granted Germany permission to transport troops through their territory.

won't help since you cannot attack through neutral territory.

won't help since you cannot attack through neutral territory.

You can pass units through Denmark to Norway without ships. I'll think about it. :)

Hi,

So I've downloaded the Dies Irae add-on, and everything is running great except that one every single brigade 'picture' (the person) there is a box over their right breast pocket. Any ways to fix this?

David

You need to contact the makers of Dies Irea for that. So either Devildread or Danevang.

EDIT
Thread moved and merged.

few things..

inevitable Brit invasion of France during French campaign. Brit Royal Tank Corp invaded at
Bruge and has lost the invasion but has been stuck there a year trying to withdraw. I can
neither attack it nor even see what it is.

88 AA/At were never towed by horse. Far too heavy and always towed by halftracks (and
big ones too! lol!). 88s were always motorized. A hundred horses could not pull one thru
Russian mud where a single large prime mover halftrack could.

Uboats are far too deadly (as has been mentioned). I am glad to see they will be tweaked
weaker with the patch. My 4 uboats (each operating seperate) have already decimated the
Brit convoy routes (lost 3 of the 8 i have built so far with one in reserve). There should be

a detriment (more visible and easier to attack) if a player tries to build multi uboat units before
some type of "wolfpack" system is researched.

Edit: Also (kinda minor thing i guess! LOL!) Russia joined the Allies and attacked me in Jan 41
yet i saw no notice or popup for this. I knew because a single wimpy Russian unit attacked me
for the first of their offensive.

I have had little problem in having German Inf divisions breaking thru the Maginot line in a couple
places in 1939-40.

Other than the above the game with mod is a blast!! (also use the panzer mod which adds a very
nice gradual increase in armor types which i like alot!!)

Last edited: