• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
SF 2.0.4.f, DI:G 1.0.2, Francesco's Mod, and VP 3.1

In Jan 36 I started to influence the USA towards the axis in the diplomacy screen. The info box says I will influence them for 20, but then after I do so the info box on the icon in the triangle shows it was only for 1. Later that year the 1 went up to around 5, but not the 20 I was expecting and used to in my older SF games. Is this WAD?

So DD, does DI:G do anything to modify the diplomatic influence?

Nothing changed about influence I think. I guess this is because UK influenced back or something like that.

Thanks for the report guys. :)

--@Tarawa565:

I HAVE SOME BOXES OVER THE MODEL PICTURES

Please try:
1. Copy the HOI3 entire folder (+SF+patch+DIG) to your desktop. I said copy, so you have 2 HOI3 folders now.
2. Now go back to the old HOI3 and copy the entire \mod directory
3. Paste it into the new HOI3 copy, overwrite the files.

I suspect there is a conflict with creation dates or something within vanilla and DI:G. If you copy DI:G over itself it may make DI:G newer than vanilla files and then the game will take DI:G gfx and the bug would disappear.

Since I can't reproduce your bug I can't help you more than that. Please be sure your follow the exact steps and report back.

--edit: unrelated pic

Last edited:
Yes but I don't know how to model that properly. Germany already have plenty of positive events, free units and capture all the french resources when taking Paris. Adding tanks and such is a bit overkill I am afraid.

- 88 AA/AT is not designed yet but it will exist in two forms: horse towed (speed 4, no fuel) and motorized (speed 7, fuel). It will be designed for desert too (as vanilla support units with the desert tech)

- Saudi Arabia convoy bug is vanilla bug, I can't do anything about it but I believe it is already known of Paradox.

I decided to keep the U-xx names but in reality those are flotillas (wolfpacks) of 3-5 subs.

Just an FYI: There were no "horse-drawn" 88 Flak units - they were either in static AA defense, or motorized.

Montbrun

I saw that, in the unrelated pic I posted above you can see there is only one 88 unit, the motorized one. :)

Just an FYI: There were no "horse-drawn" 88 Flak units - they were either in static AA defense, or motorized.

Montbrun

well, germany used millions of horses and was always short of trucks so you can assume everything was horse drawn from time to time but i agree a completely horse drawn flak unit might be a little bit much.

Maybe the horse pulled the wagons that carried the ammo. So a mixed horse/motorized unit. :)

The Luftwaffe gun units were using trucks long after the Army was not! Seemed that gasoline was rationed by service and the LW used the low-octane stuff not usable for aircraft for their mobile AA units. Totally dumb but then the Third Reich was probably the most inefficient modern war-machine ever devised!

I don't think HQ units need to be paradroppable for Germany. If I have to make another DLC for another country I will consider it but not for Gotterdammerung. :)

Nothing changed about influence I think. I guess this is because UK influenced back or something like that.

Thanks for the report guys. :)

--@Tarawa565:

I HAVE SOME BOXES OVER THE MODEL PICTURES

Please try:
1. Copy the HOI3 entire folder (+SF+patch+DIG) to your desktop. I said copy, so you have 2 HOI3 folders now.
2. Now go back to the old HOI3 and copy the entire \mod directory
3. Paste it into the new HOI3 copy, overwrite the files.

I suspect there is a conflict with creation dates or something within vanilla and DI:G. If you copy DI:G over itself it may make DI:G newer than vanilla files and then the game will take DI:G gfx and the bug would disappear.

Since I can't reproduce your bug I can't help you more than that. Please be sure your follow the exact steps and report back.

I tried this, but it had no effect. I made a brand new install and now have the following issues:
No Luftwaffe men show up, but the box is there over the background.
All Heer units, expect Armored men, have boxes over them.
All Naval men have boxes over them.

However, when I go into the production window, none of the 'people' there have it.

Hope this helps. If not, its not a huge issue, and it doesn't appear anyone else is having the problem, so please don't spend too much time on it :)

David

I have a very strange bug where the Soviet AI has stopped launching offensives. Its 1944 and im at moscows doorstep and suddenly i noticed that i would launch an offensive and they sov ai would not move or anything. I encircled an army group with only one division as the Sov refused to move to counter it. Kinda takes the fun outta things. I noticed that when i reload the save the AI starts working again for about a week game time and then breaks again. Im using vorwartspanzer mod as well so that might be related.

AI break is strange, what about supply?

@Tarawa565: are you sure you followed the exat steps described? Reinstall is not enough, you have to copy etc.

1.03 patsh is still aimed for today. I think around 8pm (10 hours from now). :)

There's some conflict between your statements in OP. At the top you say that 2.04f can be used, but at the "game crashes at leader selection" it only says that you can use 2.04d or 2.04e, so 2.04f is compatible with Dies Irae or not?

There's some conflict between your statements in OP. At the top you say that 2.04f can be used, but at the "game crashes at leader selection" it only says that you can use 2.04d or 2.04e, so 2.04f is compatible with Dies Irae or not?

Yes my bad. I update that right now.

DI:G is compatible with either d e or f. :)

I recommend using f.

HoI3_115.jpg