• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The convoy thing is my top priority (making submarines less efficient and more visible for start, in order to have some opposition and ASW).

Is there some way to stop the Soviets from annexing the baltic countries that Germany has just conquered?:confused:

Patch the DLC to 1.02.

Yes Devildread, this happened to me too. I conquered Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania and soon after with my troops still occupying those countries, the event fires automatically that the Soviet Union annexes them. For a short time, there is an awkward shuffling of troops as my troops automatically come back to Germany while the Soviet troops take over. IIRC, are these events located in Molotov-RibbentropPact.txt in events folder (Event ID 1501 and 1505 which are triggered only)?
Is there a way to add a line that checks if these countries exist before the event fires?

Hoi3 sf 2.04f DI;G1.02

When i get relations 100+ with Romania for strategic effect, the following day relations drop by 90 and can no longer trade with rommania. 26/3/38 if that makes any difference.

I Keep another folder with the original HOI3, without the mod. I will try and search Devildread.

Hmmm, cant find anything recent.

Hi Tony,

You may have this all correct, but just in case, here's my layout and how I run DIG. I have a Steam copy but don't run it from Steam.

* I made a copy of the HOI3 folder (from under steam to a new location on my hard drive)
* I applied 2.04f beta patch for SF to the copy I made above
* I applied 1.03 beta DIG patch to the copy I made above
* My folder structure looks like this, here's the main directory.

hoi3main.jpg

* My Mod directory

hoi3mod.jpg

* And my launcher, I run hoi3.exe and get this

hoi3launch.jpg

Good luck getting your game working

Hoi3 sf 2.04f DI;G1.02

When i get relations 100+ with Romania for strategic effect, the following day relations drop by 90 and can no longer trade with rommania. 26/3/38 if that makes any difference.

This has happened 3 times in my latest 1.02 game. A few days after Romania reaches 100 relations with Germany, she cancels all trades of crude oil, thus lowering relations back down. After this happened to me the third time I grew frustrated at the waste of diplomacy etc. Then I found that you could get to 100 relations with Romania by patiently buying 1 energy from them at a time or selling them 1 supply at a time. This way I have maintained 100+ relations for almost a year now without incident.

But it would be nice if whatever causes Romania to cancel crude oil trades was fixed :)

Hi Tony,

You may have this all correct, but just in case, here's my layout and how I run DIG. I have a Steam copy but don't run it from Steam.

* I made a copy of the HOI3 folder (from under steam to a new location on my hard drive)
* I applied 2.04f beta patch for SF to the copy I made above
* I applied 1.03 beta DIG patch to the copy I made above
* My folder structure looks like this, here's the main directory.

hoi3main.jpg

* My Mod directory

hoi3mod.jpg

* And my launcher, I run hoi3.exe and get this

hoi3launch.jpg

Good luck getting your game working

Ok, thanks for this. I got it to work at last by copying the mod files over to the main directory. I have to keep another HOI3 folder for vanilla 2.04f so I can play as another country. Its the same for any other mod like I.C.E. I have in another folder. Users should not have to do this, its messy, and I tried to get it to switch to the mod folder with the command in the shortcut, but could not get it to work. The mod should appear in the launcher as a separate line.

So now that I got it to work after a whole day, I cannot make up my mind whether to play this or I.C.E with Francesco's mod.Which is best and why?

I seem to be having a bug where the game suddenly crashes the moment I try to change leaders of HQs and divisions. Needless to say, this is irritating, as I can't rotate my best Panzer commanders to the panzer divisions and corps....

I seem to be having a bug where the game suddenly crashes the moment I try to change leaders of HQs and divisions. Needless to say, this is irritating, as I can't rotate my best Panzer commanders to the panzer divisions and corps....

corrupted install. make sure your game has the right checksum when you dont load the mod.
2.04d for example should be AJBM.
2.04f IDXF

DI:G question: I have defeated Poland in June '36. They're not in the Allies, no one guaranteed their survival, they have no alliances. Yet, they have formed a government in exile. Where? This refusal to surrender means Germany remains 'at war', even though there's no one to fight.

Looking at the event code, it seems to say that if a nation is not in an alliance (or is the only member of an alliance) then they cannot form a government in exile. Yet, that's exactly what happens. When I asked this question in the general HOI3 section, I was told that in DI:G all nations always form GiE now (nothing gets annexed). That seems odd to me...could someone please confirm?

DI:G question: I have defeated Poland in June '36. They're not in the Allies, no one guaranteed their survival, they have no alliances. Yet, they have formed a government in exile. Where? This refusal to surrender means Germany remains 'at war', even though there's no one to fight.

Looking at the event code, it seems to say that if a nation is not in an alliance (or is the only member of an alliance) then they cannot form a government in exile. Yet, that's exactly what happens. When I asked this question in the general HOI3 section, I was told that in DI:G all nations always form GiE now (nothing gets annexed). That seems odd to me...could someone please confirm?

I'll take care of that. I tend to not think about the non historical players when I code. ^^

I'll try to fix that in the 1.03.

Brigade Pictures (Dies Irae)

Hi,

So I've downloaded the Dies Irae add-on, and everything is running great except that one every single brigade 'picture' (the person) there is a box over their right breast pocket. Any ways to fix this?

David

Last edited:
Yes Devildread, this happened to me too. I conquered Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania and soon after with my troops still occupying those countries, the event fires automatically that the Soviet Union annexes them. For a short time, there is an awkward shuffling of troops as my troops automatically come back to Germany while the Soviet troops take over. IIRC, are these events located in Molotov-RibbentropPact.txt in events folder (Event ID 1501 and 1505 which are triggered only)?
Is there a way to add a line that checks if these countries exist before the event fires?

If Germany would take and keep Estonia and Latvia if would be a direct breach of Secret Protocols of Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact (in effect an act of agression against Soviet Union). I think it is bad idea to allow Germans to hold the territory (in case Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact is signed prior to those territorial gains) without immediate declaration of war against Soviet Union.