• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi all
I buy last week Dies are and hearts of Iron 3 collection on gamersgate.
I install the collection and i wath to install Dies are both my instaler tolds to me tath the hearts of iron 3 ist not instaled

how can i install than Dies Are?

Hello all, i have problem with this Dlc as i was playing before all events had photos like Division Azul or Regiment Herman Gioring. There was pictures of soldiers etc. Now only event page with info but no photo... Is there anything to do to get photos back cuz some of them are really unique like photo of Grobdeutchland or Panzer Lehr.

Hi all
I buy last week Dies are and hearts of Iron 3 collection on gamersgate.
I install the collection and i wath to install Dies are both my instaler tolds to me tath the hearts of iron 3 ist not instaled

how can i install than Dies Are?

Contact Gamersgate, their installer if faulty I can't help you.

Hello all, i have problem with this Dlc as i was playing before all events had photos like Division Azul or Regiment Herman Gioring. There was pictures of soldiers etc. Now only event page with info but no photo... Is there anything to do to get photos back cuz some of them are really unique like photo of Grobdeutchland or Panzer Lehr.

You didn't copy it properly. There is stuff in the HOI3\gfx\pictures\events folder too, not only in the mod folder.

I'm getting a bit frustrated trying to capture Leningrad and Moscow. Both cities are surrounded behind my lines.

First Leningrad. I've had the city surrounded for over a month. I've already lost once, and am suffering the effects of a "disastrous battle." And it looks like I'm going to lose the second attempt. By constant bombing I've reduced the infrastructure and supplies to zero, but it seems to be making no difference. I don't see the defenders (48 brigades) strength or their org going down any. I'm conducting ground attacks and I'm attacking from every surrounding province, and have naval gunfire support. My battle progress is 0%, and never gets better.

Moscow is defended by 55 divisions. I'm attacking from all adjacent provinces and am using a parachute division. My battle progress is 99%, but I never win. That battle is about a week old. I'm also bombing it.

WHAT am I missing here?

Forts, you need to destroy the forts. I believe this is not done with the strategic attack but another one. Don't have the name in mind.

Those are heavy siege as it happened in real life. They are meant to be a pain. :)

I'm getting a bit frustrated trying to capture Leningrad and Moscow. Both cities are surrounded behind my lines.

First Leningrad. I've had the city surrounded for over a month. I've already lost once, and am suffering the effects of a "disastrous battle." And it looks like I'm going to lose the second attempt. By constant bombing I've reduced the infrastructure and supplies to zero, but it seems to be making no difference. I don't see the defenders (48 brigades) strength or their org going down any. I'm conducting ground attacks and I'm attacking from every surrounding province, and have naval gunfire support. My battle progress is 0%, and never gets better.

Moscow is defended by 55 divisions. I'm attacking from all adjacent provinces and am using a parachute division. My battle progress is 99%, but I never win. That battle is about a week old. I'm also bombing it.

WHAT am I missing here?

Use light infantry with engineers attached, all with fortress buster leaders. I usually have 8 of these, for difficult targets such as those. Moscow, Leningrad, Stalingrad, no problems when using these :)

@devildread: I don't think there is a mission that destroys forts

I'm not an expert on the fort thing but I believe I saw damaged forts. Maybe it was just me entering the province after the fight and not after a raid tho.

Forts, you need to destroy the forts. I believe this is not done with the strategic attack but another one. Don't have the name in mind.

Those are heavy siege as it happened in real life. They are meant to be a pain. :)

The forts in Leningrad are definitely the problem. The ones in Moscow are being destroyed in the fighting and ground attack bombing. It is already down to lvl 3 from lvl 8. Despite 2 rounds of combat and the same bombing as is going on in Moscow, the Leningrad forts are still lvl 10.

I'm not an expert on the fort thing but I believe I saw damaged forts. Maybe it was just me entering the province after the fight and not after a raid tho.

They should be damaged in combat; the ones in Moscow are, but not Leningrad.

Use light infantry with engineers attached, all with fortress buster leaders. I usually have 8 of these, for difficult targets such as those. Moscow, Leningrad, Stalingrad, no problems when using these :)

@devildread: I don't think there is a mission that destroys forts

A bit late for that now. I'm attacking with infantry divisions (INFx2, ARTx2). I can't get any new units before winter hits, and I want to win before that happens.

don't attack the fortresses directly. retreat and fight the enemy outside to hold him and then attack the remaining garrison and don't overstack.

I was thinking about doing that, but what I'm wondering is why they don't lose strength/org. They haven't had supplies for weeks.

maybe they have stacked supplies for a much longer time then 30 days. happens from time to time especially when a great number of units is involved.

When I did logistical bombing, there are no supplies to bomb. I also thought zero infrastructure would hurt them.

I thought they were, but now that I've checked again, they aren't (only in woods, hills, etc), sorry. The engineers help though, they get a 40% bonus fighting urban/fort. Changing leaders should help too.

Yep; I'm doing that. I'm also letting an escape route out of Leningrad, so some of the rats can escape.

ICs are producing supplies since SF I believe (or a SF patch) in order to allow siege. This is working as designed by Paradox. Personnaly I like that.

Engineers is a very powerful unit:

Code:
river = {
		attack = 0.75 
		defence = 1.0
	}
	fort = {
		attack = 0.40
		defence = 1.0
	}
	amphibious =    {
		 attack = 0.4
		 defence = 1.0
	}
	forest = {
		movement = 0.1
		attack = 0.4
		defence = 1.0
	}
	woods = {
		movement = 0.1
		attack = 0.2
		defence = 1.0
	}
	marsh = {
		movement = 0.2
		attack = 0.8
		defence = 1.0
	}
	urban = {
		attack = 0.4
		defence = 1.0
	}
	jungle = {
		movement = 0.2
		attack = 0.6
		defence = 1.0
	}

And upgrade:

Code:
Bridging tech:
engineer_brigade = {
		softness = -0.01
		river = {
			attack = 0.05
			movement = 0.05
		}
	}

Assault tech:
engineer_brigade = {
			softness = -0.01
     	   	soft_attack = 0.2
        	hard_attack = 0.2
        	fort = {
            		attack = 0.1
        	}
	        urban = {
        	    attack = 0.02
        	}
        	jungle = {
            		attack = 0.02
        	}
        	forest = {
            		attack = 0.01
        	}
    	}

So in 1940 you should have fort attack +0.60% if you are on time with the assault tech.
A division of inf+inf+art+eng has 0+0+10+60 => 70/4 = 17.5% bonus on all shots against forts.
inf+inf+eng+eng = 30% bonus against forts.
Assault gun have +60% bonus on forts too (and 30% urban). So inf+AG+AG+AG+AG = 48% bonus with a strong attack (you need one frontline unit, Assault Gun is as support unit, don't use tanks they have urban penalties). With a 1942 (70% fort attack) or 1944 (80%) engineer assault tech you can have even more by adding an eng to this division.
Fortress buster adds +10% on division level, +5% on corps, +2.5% on army so with a chain of command of Fortress buster you also have a +17.5% bonus.
I don't count the 30% urban bonus (since the tile is fort+urban) but you get the idea.

Let's maths those forts away!

Japanese mixed brigade Inf Art Eng. Use these for busting those hardpoints like for Maginot line in France and dont use panzers. They are goin to collapse all atack and dont forget stacking penality.

ICs are producing supplies since SF I believe (or a SF patch) in order to allow siege. This is working as designed by Paradox. Personnaly I like that.

Engineers is a very powerful unit:

Code:
river = {
		attack = 0.75 
		defence = 1.0
	}
	fort = {
		attack = 0.40
		defence = 1.0
	}
	amphibious =    {
		 attack = 0.4
		 defence = 1.0
	}
	forest = {
		movement = 0.1
		attack = 0.4
		defence = 1.0
	}
	woods = {
		movement = 0.1
		attack = 0.2
		defence = 1.0
	}
	marsh = {
		movement = 0.2
		attack = 0.8
		defence = 1.0
	}
	urban = {
		attack = 0.4
		defence = 1.0
	}
	jungle = {
		movement = 0.2
		attack = 0.6
		defence = 1.0
	}

And upgrade:

Code:
Bridging tech:
engineer_brigade = {
		softness = -0.01
		river = {
			attack = 0.05
			movement = 0.05
		}
	}

Assault tech:
engineer_brigade = {
			softness = -0.01
     	   	soft_attack = 0.2
        	hard_attack = 0.2
        	fort = {
            		attack = 0.1
        	}
	        urban = {
        	    attack = 0.02
        	}
        	jungle = {
            		attack = 0.02
        	}
        	forest = {
            		attack = 0.01
        	}
    	}

So in 1940 you should have fort attack +0.60% if you are on time with the assault tech.
A division of inf+inf+art+eng has 0+0+10+60 => 70/4 = 17.5% bonus on all shots against forts.
inf+inf+eng+eng = 30% bonus against forts.
Assault gun have +60% bonus on forts too (and 30% urban). So inf+AG+AG+AG+AG = 48% bonus with a strong attack (you need one frontline unit, Assault Gun is as support unit, don't use tanks they have urban penalties). With a 1942 (70% fort attack) or 1944 (80%) engineer assault tech you can have even more by adding an eng to this division.
Fortress buster adds +10% on division level, +5% on corps, +2.5% on army so with a chain of command of Fortress buster you also have a +17.5% bonus.
I don't count the 30% urban bonus (since the tile is fort+urban) but you get the idea.

Let's maths those forts away!

I'll never make that mistake again. My INFx2 ARTx2 infantry divisions were ill equipped for a lvl 10 fort. I didn't attack with armor, but I didn't have any assault guns, either. The only ENGs I had were with the panzer divisions.

To take Leningrad I strategic bombed the IC there out of existence. I had already bombed all of the supplies, so I just waited for them to start starving (finally!). Leningrad fell on the third assault. Moscow and Stalingrad had already fallen, so the Bitter Peace fired. I still finished before the end of August (I invaded on May 15 and also attacked with MTN divisions from Turkey and MAR against Sevastopol/Rostov). But I was sloppy, and I don't like being sloppy!