• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Francesco's Models MOD 3.0 for DIG
New update released, reworked from scratch with bigger and better drawings.
Francesco's Models MOD replaces B&W photos used to display units with drawings.
This new version consists in a brutal change in the DIG look where the 3D models are dramatically downsized, making room for the bigger images.

In game:

for more info, screens and download: Francesco's Models MOD

Last edited:
Just FYI. I was playing a game up through 1950....Nuked Russia and did Das Noc whatever then took 4 years building a surface fleet to take out the united kingdom. I had selected acquire all of their territory, and then puppet. When the puppet when through all the home island tiles are showing as occupied by Germany but they are still a puppet. Something is not right....

Are the Dev Dairies still available to read and if so where?

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

That's all of them so far.

Also, I have a question. Would it be possible to have DI G run with the Community Map Project? I must confess that I just uploaded the CMP to my copy of HoI 3 and now the map for DI G is ruined. But I love the map for vanilla FtM.. Help? Any advice would be appreciated.

I've just played my first DI:G game past 1941.

1) I enjoyed my invasion of the USSR. I made one big mistake, which will not happen again, where I didn't have the correct troops to take Leningrad. But one thing that really terrified me was the supply situation. I had all supply techs up to date, the RR tech, and never really had a situation at the front where my troops were unsupplied for any amount of time, but I was using 250+ plus IC to keep my army supplied. It is a good thing I defeated the USSR in the Fall of '41, because using that much IC for supplies is unsustainable for the long run. You could hardly build any units or do any upgrades with that much of your IC sucked away. And I shudder to think what the IC cost would have been in the winter!

2) Bulgaria. As far as I can tell it is impossible to get Bulgaria into the Axis. I sent the max spies there to support my party right from the beginning of the campaign, but I still don't have enough party support for a coup attempt. On the diplomatic side, they are firmly in my camp, but their neutrality is too high. They need an event like Romania has.

3) The US. I invaded the US in the Spring of '42 (by the way of the Faroes, Iceland, Greenland, Labrador). I puppeted the US (and Canada) by spring of 43. I had also asked for territory, West Coast Cities, which I got. But I also got Joplin, MO and Lexington, KY. I don't know if that is a FTM or DI:G issue. I've never played the US, so I didn't really notice the US terrain before my invasion, but so much of it is just WRONG. NYC is not urban? I live in central VA, and none of the terrain is correct there. The Blue Ridge Mountains and the Shenandoah Valley are not "plains."

4) Didn't have a chance to use the new u-boat warfare; I invaded and conquered the UK by the Spring of '40.

5) I'd really love to have some unique units earlier in the game. I didn't have a chance to use any of them. Waffen SS units perhaps?

Anyway, those are my thoughts. Great job all!

As Germany I think there is a big disadvantage because you have to wait till the total war speech for full IC. While the UK at my current game has already the law 'total economic mobilisation' from 1939 on. At the Moment they are just 40 IC behind me, but I'm the one who conquered half of europe. So is it possible to fix that thing? Maybe the laws for allies should be limited till a certain year?

As Germany I think there is a big disadvantage because you have to wait till the total war speech for full IC. While the UK at my current game has already the law 'total economic mobilisation' from 1939 on. At the Moment they are just 40 IC behind me, but I'm the one who conquered half of europe. So is it possible to fix that thing? Maybe the laws for allies should be limited till a certain year?

Its istorical correct that germans dont have total mobilisation because theres an event which says truth Speech for Total Krieg was in 43 or 44 but you can edit personaly that event to use it in 40 or even 39. Other thing. Dont worry that Uk has that law. After defeating Europe you will have nice amount of IC because of conquered teritories. Other thing UK mostly builds navy and dont assault your teritories in Europe or do that very rare so you can focus on other fronts after France defeat while taking Heeresgruppe from Bitburg HQ and reassigning to others HQ like OKH which really needs troops in USSR. You will be able to hold France and Low Countries by few garrison divisions and leave some infanterie panzer in case of assault on your beaches.

I played this game for a while. And not until yesterday did I find something really bizarre. As I was deploying brigade units through the hierarchy structure, I could add any number of brigade into one division, although the division mark turned grey after it reached the theoretical maximum of 4(not researched the superior power force yet). Has anyone experienced the same, or is it just my problem?

After that second Czech event (the one in which Czech is occupied and Slovakia created) one of newly created Slovak HQ remains stuck on German territory. It appears to be moving then stops without leaving the province it is in, and this continues in circles. Is there any way I can edit out this Slovak HQ, cheat, save game, anything?

That's probably their theatre HQ, which can't be removed that easyly. Open the console, type "tag SLO", strategic redeploy it or create another theatre HQ and give all the territory and units to the new HQ and remove the old one, type "tag GER" (or any other country code if you play someone else).
Thanks, that did it, it was their army group, no units attached and I could not move it. I disbanded it instead, I just hope it will not ruin my game.

I know it's correct for germany. But i still think it's a disadvantage comparing with the allies. Can you please tell me how to edit that event to get it?

There is no need to edit event. Look if you start from 1936 you can build factories and keep practical high which reduces cost and time for building factories i think costs 4ic and time is 365 days then. Financing 8 ic you will get 2 ic and practical which will help alot in future. None technology or minister cant boost economy so good that building factories. Or try to research industrial production or how is named that technology in Indusrty tree. To tell you the truth 200 IC is totaly enough to cover building and other aspects. Main thing is not masses but smaller number of good equiped divisions.
:)

I am experiencing quite a bit of CTDs with the latest patch. When I look at the logs there is no exceptions.txt. Do I need to run HOI3 in some kind of special debug mode to get more detailed logs? I can't report the exception CTD properly without more information.