• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I drag and dropped /replaced files from the beta lua/ script folder into DIG and no problems so far. I backed up the DIG script folder though just in case.

I also noticed some great improvements with DIG and beta lua, Japan actually make naval invasions in China and Italy makes progress in N. Africa.

The beta lua lets AI build more transports so this may have helped.

Last edited:
DIG is Dies Irae Gotterdammerung, and FTML is For the Motherland

Oh right, thanks.
Can you know how to get this Beta patch? Also, is it necessary to know where the game files are saved? 1) Because I don't know where they are and 2) Because I would have no idea how to edit files without wrecking my computer.
And again, please use simple plain english words, thanks

Could someone with better english and good computer skills explain the installation procedure for the patch please?

I don't know how to be more specific than that:

- Install FTM and patch 3.05
- Be sure the DLC installed
- Download Dies_Irae_Gotterdammerung_beta_2.05
- Extract it to the FTM \mod\Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung folder
- Overwrite when prompted (the archive files should replace the Dies Irae ones)

Maybe some pictures?

Could someone with better english and good computer skills explain the installation procedure for the patch please?

Maybe some pictures?

• Install Hoi 3.
  • Install SF.
  • Install FTM
  • Instal FTM 3.05 patch (from the auto update in the game launcher will do)
  • Install Dies Irae (from whatever place you purchased it)
  • Download Dies Irae beta (look for it in page 1 in this thread)
  • Extract the contents of the file you just downloaded to your Hoi3/mod/Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung folder
  • When it asks for what action to take, select "replace all files"

Maybe some pictures?
Hi Devildread
I have one issue with DI:G so far, there are 3 provinces of Czecoslovakia don't become core to Germany in 1939. I am confused about this.

Also with the Slovac Annaxation event, should they not become core aswell, if taken into Germany? In real life they would have never of exsisted without german backing.

You have propably been here with the 2nd question so dont want to take up time if you have.

I have this same error. That makes at least 3 of us with RDRTrash.

I have the Steam version of HOI3 + SF + FTM + DIG.

I get exactly the same error, fresh install of HOI3 complete pack. Very annoying.

Edit, error is:

The symptom remaining is that when trying to run the DiG, from either the STEAM interface, or directly from the HOI3.exe selecting DiG DLC, It displays the normal load screen, with the little clocks hand spinning around, and then when it's at "Initializing Maplogic", and then the "File exception: Exception in: discfile.cpp, line: 433. Description: Could not open file:

• Install Hoi 3.
  • Install SF.
  • Install FTM
  • Instal FTM 3.05 patch (from the auto update in the game launcher will do)
  • Install Dies Irae (from whatever place you purchased it)
  • Download Dies Irae beta (look for it in page 1 in this thread)
  • Extract the contents of the file you just downloaded to your Hoi3/mod/Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung folder
  • When it asks for what action to take, select "replace all files"

Can you simplify just this bit a little more clearly please:
•Extract the contents of the file you just downloaded to your Hoi3/mod/Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung folder
•When it asks for what action to take, select "replace all files"
Thanks

I have installed the game in a different computer following next instructions:

1º Installed HOI3
2º Installed Hoi3 1.04 patch
3º Installed Semper Fi
4º Copied Semper fi 2.04f patch files in C:/Program Files/Paradox Entertainment/Hearts of Iron III/, then prompted for overwritting and pressed OK
5º Copied DIG files (mod folder) in C:/Program Files/Paradox Entertainment/Hearts of Iron III/ and prompted again, pressed OK for overwritting

But after this, when I open hoi3.exe it doesn't appear any mod in the mod menu, it just appears "Default".

What can I do to solve this or what have I done wrong?

How it can not detect the mod if the mod folder and files are there?

Thank you in advance.

Maybe some pictures?

I may not be the brightest star in the sky, but as far as I am concerned, your English is fantastic Devilread.

combining FTM new map within DiG

Is it possible to use the new map offered in FTM while still using HOI3+SF+DiG mod. The new map looks a lot more realistic allowing for a better game experience but I want to continue using the DiG mod which is so much fun. If I purchase FTM can I just replace the provinces and map folders (plus the cache) on my DiG subfolder or will it affect game mechanics somewhere down the line. Basically I am not sure I want to change my current set-up except for the new map. Thanks!

I never said a date for an official steam patch. The official patch is linked to the second post of this thread. :)

----------------

I will release a 3.06 'not-beta' patch hopefully the next friday (23rd september). If it works for everyone I'll send it to Paradox and ask them to send it to Steam, but I can't promise anything, Steam usually don't patch DLC (I never saw that). You will have to install the patch like everyone else. It is not hard, don't panic.

Are you serious?DiG is unplayable with FtM without your patch,why Steam is allowed to sell something that isn't going to work,then?
Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaraaaaaaaaaaaaaadoooooooooooooooooooox...............................................

Hi Devildread
I have one issue with DI:G so far, there are 3 provinces of Czecoslovakia don't become core to Germany in 1939. I am confused about this.

Also with the Slovac Annaxation event, should they not become core aswell, if taken into Germany? In real life they would have never of exsisted without german backing.

You have propably been here with the 2nd question so dont want to take up time if you have.

Can't speak about the Slovak cores because I always give them to Hungary (to help them be less useless), but I personally don't mind having partisan activity in part of Czechoslovakia, as it kind of represents the Czech resistance (dunno if it's by accident or design).

On the other hand, when the Bitter Peace event fired for me, the Soviets got back several provinces that they annexed from Poland. I've now small enclaves of Soviet territory stacked with units in the heartland of my hard-gained Reich! :blink:

I'm playing dig 2.05 beta (ftm 3.05) and I have a problem with the production AI. I noticed that no countries are building anything other than convoys (and not many of those either). All countries are wasting a lot of IC on nothing. I tried to set my own production on AI control and it didn't build anything either, even with hundreds of unused IC. I started a new game and the same thing happened. I tried to play vanilla ftm and no problems there. I have Lothos's latest AI LUA files, but I haven't overwritten any files in the mod dir.

Anyone else have similar problems or know how to fix?

Playing as Germany 2.05, and there appears to be an Afrika Korps bug. I have taken over most of Europe, including Spain and Gibraltar but not UK. Prior to the AK doctrine I could see Italian units in North Africa. My plan is to help them sieze Suez and middle east in order to suppress UK, prior to the war with Soviet Russia. I expected to be able to build
AK units and deploy them in North Africa. Since this event I cannot see anything going on in North Africa and cannot deploy AK units there. It is now July 1942 and when I load up as Italy they have no units there either, though they occupy the land. My game plan is ruined and now Soviets have declared limited war on me with 134 divisions on their western borders to my 50. I now regret invading Spain and leaving 20 divisions there doing nothing other than to repel any invasion. What gives with North Africa no activity?

I have some troubles reproducing some bugs guys so the 2.06 is postponed to at least the middle of the next week (probably the end). Please upload savegames whenever you can in order for me to better understand the situation and fix it quickly. :)

Last edited:
I have some troubles reproducing some bugs guys so the 3.06 is postponed to at least the middle of the next week (probably the end). Please upload savegames whenever you can in order for me to better understand the situation and fix it quickly. :)

Cannot seem to upload-how to do this, says I do not have permission?

You need to compress the savegame with a tool like 7zip, winrar or stuff like that.

Just a question/suggestion..

Just like you made the infantry/cavalry/militia&garrison techs a single group (which makes a lot of sense, since they are, in practice, essentially the same thing), have you ever thought of making the light and heavy cruiser's armour tech a shared tech for both? In pre-ww2 and in ww2, cruisers were classed as light or heavy depending not on the size (which was of 10,000 ton max for either in the W. Naval Treaty), nor armour, but on the gun size. As such it would make sense to merge them (the armour tech for both, at least).
Also, while at it, since the "capital ship" cruisers of ww2 are now in DiG as german pocket battleships (or BC's as the USA's Alaska), maybe it would be a good idea to make CA's non-capital ships?

Just my opinion of a possible improvement.

Last edited: