• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is this an official patch? Is an official patch coming out at some point? I hesitate to "extract" and "overwrite"...

Thanks,
Robb

Download Dies_Irae_Gotterdammerung_beta_2.05
- Extract it to the FTM \mod\Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung folder
- Overwrite when prompted (the archive files should replace the Dies Irae ones)

This is an beta version but most likely to be the finale one (with a couple more bugfixes of course).

Known bugs:
- The Naval Map is not here (won't be until Danevang get back from his holidays, in September)

Regarding the Soviet-Allies agreement decision for USSR, I'm kinda having problems with it. I enforced Drag Nach Osten & Puppet CB on USSR and when I call them to war, shortly afterwards, they just enact the decision and the war with Allies ends, I suggest making a trigger that the decision can't be activated if USSR is a puppet or just not a member of Comitern (which is usually done throught being puppeted).

Anybody got any bright ideas on how to handle 7 USA Carriers with support with CAG off the coast of Norway as Germany?

I have Bismarck, Tirpitz and two 1940 everything BBs coming in a few months, plus loads of DDs.

First I will put as many interceptors I can In "air superiority mission". When the CAGs were defeated, I attack with Kriegsmarine.

Is this an official patch? Is an official patch coming out at some point? I hesitate to "extract" and "overwrite"...

Thanks,
Robb

Download Dies_Irae_Gotterdammerung_beta_2.05
- Extract it to the FTM \mod\Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung folder
- Overwrite when prompted (the archive files should replace the Dies Irae ones)

This is an beta version but most likely to be the finale one (with a couple more bugfixes of course).

Known bugs:
- The Naval Map is not here (won't be until Danevang get back from his holidays, in September)

This is an official beta patch.

You can extract and overwrite without problem, the worst thing you can do is to overwrite the wrong files and then have to install HOI3 again.

How much to wait 'til official dig steam patch?I am tired of waiting,you said september......

I never said a date for an official steam patch. The official patch is linked to the second post of this thread. :)

----------------

I will release a 3.06 'not-beta' patch hopefully the next friday (23rd september). If it works for everyone I'll send it to Paradox and ask them to send it to Steam, but I can't promise anything, Steam usually don't patch DLC (I never saw that). You will have to install the patch like everyone else. It is not hard, don't panic.

Devildread, please also read my post about the "Soviet-Allies negotation" decision. There should be some kind of more triggers for it, such as USSR having to be in Comitern.

I will consider all the bug reports, don't worry. :)

Savegames are always appreciated tho, as they help me to fully understand the problem.

I will consider all the bug reports, don't worry. :)

Savegames are always appreciated tho, as they help me to fully understand the problem.

Here it is -
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N05VMLRU

It's basically the following situation - USSR is a puppet of Germany, when I call them to arms (as Germany), they automatically drop out of the war with the "Soviet-Allies negotiation" decision, which apparently has one of the triggers being Germany existing (meaning if USSR and Allies go to war, USSR can easily peace out if Germany still exists, haven't checked the decision thought, so I don't know, but the decision description has the common threat part which is apparently a reference to Germany), even thought USSR is no longer a member of Comitern and is puppeted by Germany.

And it seems kinda like cheating to puppet USSR, but there's no other thing to do because USSR will just declare war when truce ends and that could easily f*** me up, would also love an alternative - remove the puppet CB on USSR, make the USSR truce with Axis after Bitter Peace last forever (or perhaps make some kind of a non-aggression pact that is "restored" every year to prevent it being broken).

Excellent I see exactly what is the problem and I think I can come up with something about the declaration of war after bitter peace. :)

Hi, thx for a great mod!!!
I'm currently trying a very historical scenario. Basically doing what happened in real life. It all works great. I let AI control at theater level, except paras and surface navy. It is late 1943 and the Soviets are slowly pushing me back. I was at the gates of Moscow and Stalingrad when it happened, so it is almost as IRL.
Nat Spain decided to join me, and that was a pleasent surprise. Bulgaria is neutral as they tend to be, and the Japs are going nowhere in Asia. The US are currently taking most of the small islands in the Pacific and the situation in Manchuria has been a trench war since 1937.
I have noticed a small bug, when buying production liscences the picture of the unit is blurred when you look at it after it is buildt. Not the counter, but the picture. Not exactly a gamebreaker, but it seems like it is the wrong size or something.

Playing on Very hard, my checksum is JYJC.

Wouldn’t it be nice if the light jägers had some amphibious qualities? Perhaps via the operation Seelöwe tech?

The British are still doing early futile invasions were they lose 20-30 full divisions.

The royal air force is very strong, but the British army is VERY weak. The only units that are present in the UK are militia, garrison and lots of HQs. I can hardly get any bombing going, without my TAC and CAS being damaged a lot. And my interceptors are unable to achieve any kind of air superiority, but then again it’s not really needed as the land forces defending England are so weak and the royal navy isn’t guarding the channel.

As soon as I entered London Russia DOW’ed me. Is this WAD? I still don’t understand the mechanics of non-aggression pacts, can someone please explain them to me? Perhaps tell me what file in the game that controls them?

Still 2xevents about the Romanians joining the Axis

By Sep 1940 Iceland and Faroe Islands is still Danish, even though historicly Iceland was invaded by UK on 10 May 1940 and Faroe Islands on 13 April 1940.

Just recently stumbled on this great game series (bought the steam sales pack)! :)

Its not till now that i realized that the mod was "kind of hidden", that i needed to use the game launcher and select the mod.
Anyways when i do this the game starts up and then stops responding on the loading screen, not getting past the "maplogic".
After that, if i try to verify the gamefiles steam detect corrupted files. I tried downloading the beta patch for "for the motherland". which gave exactly the same result. Tho i after trying to run the mod from the luncher, just tried starting it from the normal exe - got a new flashy background and all ([Dies Irae: Götterdämmerung themed) - but as soon as i had picked my country and hit "play" the game ctd'ed.

Am I doing something wrong? :confused:

Just recently stumbled on this great game series (bought the steam sales pack)! :)

Its not till now that i realized that the mod was "kind of hidden", that i needed to use the game launcher and select the mod.
Anyways when i do this the game starts up and then stops responding on the loading screen, not getting past the "maplogic".
After that, if i try to verify the gamefiles steam detect corrupted files. I tried downloading the beta patch for "for the motherland". which gave exactly the same result. Tho i after trying to run the mod from the luncher, just tried starting it from the normal exe - got a new flashy background and all ([Dies Irae: Götterdämmerung themed) - but as soon as i had picked my country and hit "play" the game ctd'ed.

Am I doing something wrong? :confused:

If you're choosing a country other than Germany it might cause a ctd. The mod was intended for play as Germany only. I have not tried playing as another country with the mod to see if it does ctd but that could be the cause of that problem.

My first game in FTM 3.05 & DIG 2.05, playing as Germany. Started the war against Poland and won after 11 days, but I can't figure out how to get the cores and occupy the rest of Poland (and give the eastern part to SU). The only options I can see are annex the whole country or get the cores and get truce with Poland, Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact doesn't seem to have any impact.

Nice job DD with this DLC, so here's a little report :

The first Vienna Award : Czechoslovakia choose to fight, I win of course, the Allies DOW on me and Italy (after the Treaty of Munich Italy join the Axis) Poland choose to join the Allies and DOW, so by the end of April '39 I have conquer Czechoslovakia and Poland, it was nice, I invaded Danemark too.

By the way : the Operation Himmler event was available when I was still on war with Poland, is it WAD ? After all it's the Allies and Poland that DOW on me.

Just have a look at Africa : France free Ethiopa, loses on North Africa, but UK start to win against Italy. :p

So it's a lot of fun, but I have two questions :
an event with USSR pop up : I chose to give eastern Poland, is it WAD that I still have some provinces in north Poland ? See the pics :

Question 2 : of course no Memel event, but on 23 August the Ribbentrop Molotov event came, it's kinda strange because there is no more Poland, I think the event occur because of the Baltic States ?

Again nice job with your DLC ! :happy:

Last edited:
My first game in FTM 3.05 & DIG 2.05, playing as Germany. Started the war against Poland and won after 11 days, but I can't figure out how to get the cores and occupy the rest of Poland (and give the eastern part to SU). The only options I can see are annex the whole country or get the cores and get truce with Poland, Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact doesn't seem to have any impact.

Pick the conquest wargoal, USSR will ask you for Eastern Poland after Poland is out.