• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
hmm

on that screenshot theres something called "Declare limited War" ... sounds interesting, whats that all about ?

You mean other way around (one Allies member vs. Commintern), right?

Of course any combination would be good for more flexibility. :D

Poland on 17th of September 1939 in fact was invaded by Stalin however there was never formal declaration of war; also Polish government was a bit confused about this action. Formally Soviet government anounced to the world they were forced to do that to protect population due to total collaps of Polish government. Somehow it was a bit false start as he launch invasion on the information of Germans that Warsaw have follen, what 17th was not really true.
Partition of Poland however was agreed in secret addendum to Ribbentrop Molotov pact and it was nothing more than invasion; this was somehow known to allies however due to various reasons it was not convinient to them to react declaring a war on Soviet Union.
Summarising - Soviet propaganda and political acting was a bit more smarter than German one in this case :)

Coming back to game - I am wondering if game can model such a tricky political actions? I know it's very debatable however would be nice to see modeled in the political system of democratic countries that not really well deserved good opinion which was Soviet Union always had among some politicians and public opinion; what sometimes stopped those countries to act more definitive against SU.

Last edited:
year corrected :) sorry

however the question is valid - will such a possibility will be modeled by game engine? I mean via diplomatic action menu - at least for comintern (could be special power of the commies : - react on people wish and enter the country to free it from those nasty capitalists :) o

Well in history the allies (france and gb, the rest weeks later) declared war on germany on the 3th september '39 as the reaction to the invasion of poland.

This could be easily be modelled as an Garantee of Independence from France and UK over Poland. That way the soviet union could "declare war" on poland and invade it thepoles wouldn't be part of the Allies.

Well in history the allies (france and gb, the rest weeks later) declared war on germany on the 3th september '39 as the reaction to the invasion of poland.

This could be easily be modelled as an Garantee of Independence from France and UK over Poland. That way the soviet union could "declare war" on poland and invade it thepoles wouldn't be part of the Allies.

I am not sure if this solve the problem as the Russians entered Poland on 17th when Poland was already member of Allies, imho this will not solve a problem...

From diplomatic menu you can see that guarantee is somehow unconditional, however solution could be that guarantee could be granted only vs. aggression of specific country or block? kind of conditional guarantee.

Solution could be also to grant to commintern this special power which Johan mentioned earlier that if some conditions occure the leader of this block can enter specific country to "free" or "protect" the people of the country without formal declaration of war. I don't know however if this could be programmed

4) Historically, it took only a couple weeks for the Soviets to crush the Kwantung Army. In 1941, I give them 3 months

A problem with that comparison:

The Kwantung Army in 1945 was a shell of its former glory, having sent all the best units to the Chinese and Pacific Front. In 1941~1942, it still was a threat, enough to tie down the Siberan forces until Stalin was sure the Japanese wouldn't attack.

Well when we talk about Poland:
in Vicky there is an option to have alliance with exception
like u are Prussia and make alliance with Russia with exception for Austria so that u will not help them in that case

It's not a limited war

From this I deduce that in 1939, Poland is not a member of the Allies? Is it just in a limited alliance (the one made with Offer Alliance button) and then, to mirror history, England only honors it when Germany attacks, but not when the Soviets do?

Intriguing.

I dont wanna argue...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allies_of_World_War_II
...USSR where also allies... (the Big Three: UK, USA, USSR)
I just wanna know how it will work in HoI3 - i dont like to see an event that makes half of Poland soviet in some wonderfull way

EDIT:
when we talk about guarantee:
March 30. In Warsaw, British ambassador Howard Kennard asks Jozef Beck if Poland will accept British guarantees. Beck answers in the affirmative. On the same day, Wincenty Witos returns to Poland and stays in Krakow,
March 31. In London, prime minister Neville Chamberlain officially declares that Great Britain will help Poland in case of war.

Last edited:
Oh no! Desicions = Less events! Argh!!!!!!!!!