• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Myth

Strategy Cognoscenti
33 Badges
Jul 8, 2005
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II
Gamespot has posted up their first impressions of HoI3. Not seeing this posted here yet, I figured I should do so. It doesn't seem to contain much (or any) new information but I've not even finished reading it yet so hey :p

Gamespot said:
Another idea we liked for Hearts III: governments in exile. Let's say you're playing the aforementioned Polish campaign, and are immediately driven out of your country by the German forces. You'll be able to set up a satellite government in a friendly city, then slowly rebuild your armed forces full of fugitive nationals, and eventually run a rebel campaign to try and take back your homeland. It sounds like great fun, and a real inventive twist on the normal WWII formula.

Wow.. Just wow! That is Awesome! :D

I wonder how much of a pain governments-in-exile will be for Germany. Question, what happens if you nuke a city with a government-in-exile in it?

humancalculator said:
I wonder how much of a pain governments-in-exile will be for Germany. Question, what happens if you nuke a city with a government-in-exile in it?

They will turn into governments-in-dust.....

No this is a serious question... what does happen to a government in exile when their gracious host loses the province they are located in...

coreymas said:
They will turn into governments-in-dust.....

No this is a serious question... what does happen to a government in exile when their gracious host loses the province they are located in...

They move, Poland is a dream that cannot die.

King said:

Would Germany 'own' their provinces as if they had annexed them, or would they 'occupy' them like when you take over a province without annexing the owner in HOI2.

King said:

I wonder how the supply system is going to work... with multiple depots? Maybe even multiply country specific depots (so a Polish division in exile deployed to France after a successful Normandy invasion is supplied by the Polish supply point in London?

What about historical exile government of Estonia 1944-1992 in Sweden? Estonia was not allied to other states, so will Estonia be totally annexed to Soviet Union?

Estland said:
What about historical exile government of Estonia 1944-1992 in Sweden? Estonia was not allied to other states, so will Estonia be totally annexed to Soviet Union?

Maybe if there isn't an allied government, they move to a randomly decided country with their ideology and is on 0-200 relations with (not negative).

humancalculator said:
Maybe if there isn't an allied government, they move to a randomly decided country with their ideology and is on 0-200 relations with (not negative).

But how to destroy exile governments? Can I make contracts to exile government of state occupied by me? What happens, when relations turn negative? And can I host exile governments or deny them to live in my country?

I do hope that is only for certain cases. E.g. government-in-exile for Poland or Estonia, but not Yunnan Clique or something. Also it'll be odd having one tiny province within your state be another country.

Of course if this is mainly for you playing the nation, then that'd be interesting. Could also be done to simulate de Gaulle's forces in Africa better, etc.

Awesome! Governments in exile!
That means i could play the Netherlands but when Germany invades, I'll still be able to take care of the East Indies while in Exile :D

Mrdie said:
Also it'll be odd having one tiny province within your state be another country.

think they don't own ANY provinces while in exile. They probably just leech away their hosts ic and basically become part of their hosts country in a sense. At least that is how I perceive it. Maybe a dev knows more then me.

Griffin.Gen said:
Awesome! Governments in exile!
That means i could play the Netherlands but when Germany invades, I'll still be able to take care of the East Indies while in Exile

If you own the East Indies, wouldn't you just have your capital moved to Jakarta? :confused:

So let us drow some lines from this report("new things"):

HOI III will introduce:

-ability to asign AI to handle for player some aspects of war effort of his country,some fronts(I am extatic!)
-specific military hardware for different countries.
-specific mobilisation for different countries.
-deepened tech three.

Oh my Good! :D

"Fast-forward three years to today, when we had a meeting with Paradox developers to talk about the latest game in the series--Hearts of Iron III. The first thing they mentioned they were working on? Making sure that learning curve is far less steep than before."

Am I the only one who thinks that might be bad?
Does less steep learning curve = less depth?