• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You're adding mostly a bunch of nations (like Kazakhstan) which are already in the game, not sure why this part takes so long (just the mapping, that is).

Because the code for the USSR is so disorganized, the province IDs are all mixed up and not in any order. Every province I added to Kazakhstan, I had to open up their file, CTRL+F and delete every single province ID one by one. It's very tedious.

Oh. My bad. Although the rectangular flags don't have their real proportions, which made me think you had been talking about the other one.

Yeah, I remembered it wrong. But there's no reason why you couldn't mix these two flag packs, in order to be able to have all those missing flags.

A good way to get IDs for certain area is to claim them and then check the savegame file for claimedprovinces = { PROVINCE IDS } for the nation you used.

Or you can use my Chopped Up ID Map that is in the modding tools skitcy list.

just a note, once the map is complete (all nations set up). could you upload it, i would hate to see all this work come to an end and someone else start a new MDS and have to do this all over again.

just a note, once the map is complete (all nations set up). could you upload it, i would hate to see all this work come to an end and someone else start a new MDS and have to do this all over again.

You could do it yourself (more-or-less) in the core game by just releasing all the nations after Demanding the world with the "acceptall" cheat.

There was also a United Nations mod that was used just for things like this, where the entire world was one nation and you could release them as you will.

Plus, if you wanted to alter Ideologies in-game (instead of messing with the text files afterward), you could alter the parent-nations with the "freedom" cheat prior to releasing said nations.
This is good for copy-pasting into potential scenarios, rather than having to write it all from scratch. A good starting point (core-provinces still have to be altered, IIRC).

You could do it yourself (more-or-less) in the core game by just releasing all the nations after Demanding the world with the "acceptall" cheat.

There was also a United Nations mod that was used just for things like this, where the entire world was one nation and you could release them as you will.

Plus, if you wanted to alter Ideologies in-game (instead of messing with the text files afterward), you could alter the parent-nations with the "freedom" cheat prior to releasing said nations.
This is good for copy-pasting into potential scenarios, rather than having to write it all from scratch. A good starting point (core-provinces still have to be altered, IIRC).

I think he means the complete nations, with modern ministers and such. I agree with him, that'd be nice.

you could also check province.csv to get ids, and the area / region they belong to. It's in my experience much faster then to search for ids ingame or on a pic.

I use the 1936/1914 maps in the modding documentation folder to find IDs, and if the Id's im looking for aren't on the map, I just go in-game and use the showid cheat and write down all the province ID's on a notepad. :)

Do you need help with Philippine ministers? If so, I can help you with that.

Keep being awesome! Don't even think of ending this before completing this!