• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The character modifier lasts 7300 days, so around 20 years and yes, it's inheritable.

So I am still having the issue that no Jewish Money lenders have appeared yet. None and I had kings Reign for 10 years + and still the next one in line does not get the option to askfor money from Jewish merchants. The only thing I can think of is that before they are becoming King because of the succession law is Tanery. Which means any family member canbecome King.They are using the option before becoming King ?

Its annoying that none of my leaders are able to ask for money from the Jewish merchants or even to invite them back. Its not only they can not ask to take out money.But none of them got he option to ask them back ?. And even if they took out a loan..Did all my leaders decided to exile the Jewish merchants ?

So I am still having the issue that no Jewish Money lenders have appeared yet. None and I had kings Reign for 10 years + and still the next one in line does not get the option to askfor money from Jewish merchants. The only thing I can think of is that before they are becoming King because of the succession law is Tanery. Which means any family member canbecome King.They are using the option before becoming King ?

Its annoying that none of my leaders are able to ask for money from the Jewish merchants or even to invite them back. Its not only they can not ask to take out money.But none of them got he option to ask them back ?. And even if they took out a loan..Did all my leaders decided to exile the Jewish merchants ?

The jews remember. The numbers of your leaders doesn't matter. As i said, the character modifier is inheritable.
Anyway it lasts around 20 years, period. Then you can invite them back in.

I'm sure the question has already been asked a couple of times, but as I couldn't find anything and don't watch all those livestream/dev-diary stuff ...
Will my old savegames be compatible with charlemagne when it comes out? Or do I have to start all over again, like when RoI came out ...?

I'm sure the question has already been asked a couple of times, but as I couldn't find anything and don't watch all those livestream/dev-diary stuff ...
Will my old savegames be compatible with charlemagne when it comes out? Or do I have to start all over again, like when RoI came out ...?

I don't know whether it will be compatible, but they usually keep a "beta" branch of CKII in Steam of the old versions, so you can keep playing without the new features at least.

Started as O'Neills in 867, pushed courtiers claim on Thomand. War wasn't going well, but it wasn't -100% and they only had 200 men. All of a sudden, white peace declared without me doing anything. I am the King, what happened?

What do I do about a vassal that has wrong type of holding, and isn't doing anything about it himself? I took Rome using a claim that a Republic vassal of mine (a Doge) had, so that I could mend the great schism... and now Rome is classified as a Grand City and I can't even revoke it, because republic vassals don't give up their titles. I don't even need to have the damn thing for myself, I just want a Bishop installed so that I can mend the schism. Please help! :(

Started as O'Neills in 867, pushed courtiers claim on Thomand. War wasn't going well, but it wasn't -100% and they only had 200 men. All of a sudden, white peace declared without me doing anything. I am the King, what happened?

Did the courtier die and cause the war to end inconclusively? You can't push the claim of a dead man.

There was, at one point, a case for a stalled war to end automatically with white peace, but that happens so rarely, I don't even know if it's possible at this point.

I am playing as pegan and try to reform my faith, I ve got one holy site through subjugation but the priest of the temple is a different religion. The count though is my religion and my culture and I can't revoke title directly. How can I fix that?

Ok so I started a game as a patrician, but am having trouble. I don't know if my game is bugged or perhaps I just don't understand the mechanics. I couldn't find much info on the wikis.
1. The other patricians in my republic are not building trade posts. Are they just cash strapped? How long do games go before they start building trade posts? Or is this a bug?
2. I can't seem to figure out how to take trade posts from other patricians within my republic. I have seen an intrigue where one of the ai patricians of my republic wanted to take one of my trade posts. How, through war or intrigue, do I do the same? I do not see either a war or intrigue option. Is this because they only have 1 trade post?
3. I have the casus belli that allows me to take a city in a province where I have a trade post. But, where is the cb for taking the county when I have the city? I thought this existed, but I don't have the option to do it. Do I simply have to fabricate a claim?
4. The doge, in my case Genoa, can and does raise crown authority. Does this effect patrician mechanics in any way?

thanks for any help.

I am Wendish emperor. I have a nephew of my dynasty in my court who's heir to Bavaria kingdom. If I land him (say I give him Duchy of Prussia or some county), will he remain my vassal after inheriting Bavaria?