• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the tip. I tried hosting one of the images at Imageshack, the one with the two Events, but sadly it gave me the same result. I think its forum related :( This being said, its no biggie. The screens are still visible overall. Ill just keep em smaller from now on, and shrink those I got so far a bit if I can.

You are right, the forum shrinks the images it seems, i just made a test, i could swear it didnt do that before...
... oh wait, this is a new forum, right, the old one didnt do that!

testimage1920.jpg

But if you do rightklick - show graphic, it shows the full size :)

Last edited:
Sorry for the offtopic, but how do I make instant-screenshots ? I tried F11, a text appeared on screen: "A screenshot was saved" or something like that. Repeated several times at several places. Then I go to Victoria II\screenshots and the folder is empty :[ Any ideas on what is wrong ?

Sorry for the offtopic, but how do I make instant-screenshots ? I tried F11, a text appeared on screen: "A screenshot was saved" or something like that. Repeated several times at several places. Then I go to Victoria II\screenshots and the folder is empty :[ Any ideas on what is wrong ?

I had that happening too, but only after i messed with the .fx files while modding.

Try to do a computer restart after you installed the MIP, it guess it should work then.
If you allready restarted after you installed the mod, then i dont know what could cause this.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it didn't fix the problem. But I have the feeling that the screenshots are simply saved somewhere else. Another weird thing, my Victoria 2\save games folder is empty, even though there are three working save games in game ;D
If I won't find a solution, I can still use the good old copy-paste screen.

Then the location where your game saves stuff is deffinatly somewhere else. (maybe hidden?)

I just did a test and got a fine screenshot from my game.

Found it. C:\users\-username-\appdata
This folder was hidden. Found it by comparing sizes. Well that solved it. Thanks for suggestion about hidden folders :)
Windows 7..:]

Last edited:
I had a few questions for Alexspeed, some of which may have been answered elsewhere, but with the forum experiencing growing pains right now, I figured I would go ahead and ask.

1) The one chapter a week policy: is that a minimum or maximum? If I wanted to participate in the contest, would it be okay to post 5 chapters in the first week of November?

2) Given the suggested lengths of the chapters, is it required/suggested that you have an AAR that spans all 100 years? Or can it be limited to a a portion of the game (i.e. 1836 until some important in-game goal is reached)?

3) Aside from story chapters, it is permissible to post explanatory posts that explain either player behavior or mod mechanics? Or should the AAR thread be exclusively story chapters?

Thankfully the forum is back online, hopefully it will stay up and the "Server is busy" stuff is fixed too :rolleyes:

Found it. (...)

Glad you found it :)

You're not required to get permission from somewhere, before starting an AAR right? :p

Not that i know of, unless its not a team- or "more-than-one-person"-AAR.
In regard to the contest, no you dont have to ask permission from me or anyone else,
but you have to link your AAR in this thread if you want to participate,
so i can link it in the first post :)

I had a few questions for Alexspeed, some of which may have been answered elsewhere, but with the forum experiencing growing pains right now, I figured I would go ahead and ask.
1) The one chapter a week policy: is that a minimum or maximum? If I wanted to participate in the contest, would it be okay to post 5 chapters in the first week of November?
2) Given the suggested lengths of the chapters, is it required/suggested that you have an AAR that spans all 100 years? Or can it be limited to a a portion of the game (i.e. 1836 until some important in-game goal is reached)?
3) Aside from story chapters, it is permissible to post explanatory posts that explain either player behavior or mod mechanics? Or should the AAR thread be exclusively story chapters?

1) That is a minimum, but i would suggest spreading your updates at least over some days,
so readers can garther and comment on it.
I think its something like a "unwritten rule" of the AAR-forums that you dont post several updates right after another.
In regard to the contest, it is ok to post all your 5 chapters in the first week of November,
altough spreading them out over some days is preffered so the readers can keep up.
Also note that you shouldnt modify any AAR-chapter after the 1st of November,
because judges will start reading AAR´s then, so get them right when you post them ;)

2) The AAR can span any in game time/lenght/period you want it to, there is no rule to that.
If you can write 5 chapters for the first 10 jears in game
thats as good as if it spans till the end of the games timeframe.

3) You can post as many explanatory-posts/editorials/prologues ect. as you want,
but they will NOT count as chapters themself, as long as they are seperate from the gameplay/story chapters.
They will be judged in regard to the whole impression of the AAR if they are there tough.

Thank you for your interrest :)

Last edited:
Same here! The forum is really addictive, you know? Hehe, I find myself spending more and more time here... It is precious to me, though it binds me with a great pain. ;)

The AAR can span any in game time/lenght/period you want it to, there is no rule to that.
If you can write 5 chapters for the first 10 jears in game
thats as good as if it spans till the end of the games timeframe.

Excellent! I probably should have asked this earlier, but knowing the answer is enough. Thanks for asking, Secret Master! And Alexspeed - it's nice to see a lot of people competing now. It's feeling like quite the event!...

On another note, everytime I see your sig by Pterry, I find myself unconsciously wanting to use multiple exclamation marks. :rofl: It's been ages since I read masquerade though.

Same here! The forum is really addictive, you know? Hehe, I find myself spending more and more time here... It is precious to me, though it binds me with a great pain. ;)

Excellent! I probably should have asked this earlier, but knowing the answer is enough. Thanks for asking, Secret Master! And Alexspeed - it's nice to see a lot of people competing now. It's feeling like quite the event!...

On another note, everytime I see your sig by Pterry, I find myself unconsciously wanting to use multiple exclamation marks. :rofl: It's been ages since I read masquerade though.

Addictive... is a too small word for it, its more like binding you with iron chains and never let you go again ;)

I am also glad to see alot of comments, not only here but more so in the AAR threads, thanks to all the pepole!
Thats how it should be, the more the better :)

Its been ages since i read it too,... but the quote is a fact, whenever i see a post with multiple exclamation marks i feel like not reading it at all, but thats my personal perspective ;)

Got your mods working for me :D But mu PC going into small change in him so I can't post anything till 25 October but then I will try to do at least 5 chapters done :)

Good to hear that you got them working Beleg, hope you will be able to take part :)

------------------------------------

Why you should take part in this contest?

Let me sum it up:

- You have the chance to win enough to secure your next paradox game
- Victoria 2 is a blast to play, you will have a good time with the game
- Patch 1.2 is there and my mods are made sure to work with it
- You share your experience with other forum members
- You will get interrested readers to your AAR
- Friendly competition is allways a great thing
- The whole world is watching this, you may get famous
- Pretty girls will be impressed by your efforts and your writing
- Your AAR will be on the Forum Mainpage as Article if you win
- There are secret Prizes from Paradox themself!

Well i might have exaggerated alittle, but you should deffinatly take part in this contest :D

We have now 8 competitors that are allready writing awesome AAR´s!
See if you can do better and join now!

If you wont or cant take part in the competition,
go and read the AAR´s and comment on them at least :)

------------------------------------

Btw. if anyone has feedback about my mod i would be happy to hear it, good or bad :)

Last edited:
I'm in. I'll start my game today hoping 1.2 update plus PDM 2.02 will work. If, however, it doesn't, I'll have to start a new one on 1.1 plus PDM, so probably my fisrt chapters will get posted in 4-5 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.