• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:/ im going to miss the announcement of the last 4 as I have to head to bed. But a big congratulation to the remaining :) and ofcourse to everybody else who believe they deserve it and I think thats us all :) Writers and judges and a big thanks to Alexspeed for a fantastic competition.

Well, really must go to bed now... i'll come back when i get to work :p

It's a little bit disappointing to find myself in 12th, but I do think that my writing style was definitely one which some liked and others did not enjoy. Otherwise, I am enjoying the method in which you are doing the awards. I for the most part agree with the judging I've seen so far.

Here comes the AAR ranking number 4:

8128035contest-placement-04.jpg

naggy - Sick Man of Europe - an Ottoman Empire AAR

Your AAR ranked number 4, congratulations!

Well, you allmost made it to the Top 3, but sadly it wasnt enough for that.
Neverthless you gave a great apperance with your impressive AAR!

When i look at your AAR purly from the gameplay perspective
its up to par with the best ones i read so far, thats for sure.
For me you made a lasting impression with your AAR :)

The Ottomans are (for me) not the most attractive country to play as,
but you truly did very well and made me enjoy it.
I also learned a thing or two while reading your AAR!

I liked how you used the attrition against the seemingly
overwhelming oppsition of the Russian and Austrian AI.
A thing i most often pay not enough attention to.

I am happy that you found my contest worthy enough to participate,
and i am also happy that you where so nice to name me Fan of the Week :)
That alone secured you a place in my personal pantheon of AAR-Heroes.

You did get one 99 score from a judge, and alot of high scores
from the most of the rest, so you where never in danger
of falling out of the Top 10.

You ranked 3 at the highest tough, it was a close battle
for the 3rd place that only one could win.

Thank you for your AAR and the good time i had reading it!
I hope i will read many more of you :)

I thank you for competing, congratulate you to your Top 10 Score, and i wish you all the best!

There are just 3 left, it has been a long day for you Alex :).

I like more my 11th place banner with Otto von Bismark that these top ten with queen Victoria :).

:/ im going to miss the announcement of the last 4 as I have to head to bed. But a big congratulation to the remaining :) and ofcourse to everybody else who believe they deserve it and I think thats us all :) Writers and judges and a big thanks to Alexspeed for a fantastic competition.

Hah, you are still online! Alexspeed made it too exciting, isn't it? Someone might get a heart attack! :D

You are both still here, i see you :p

Thanks Poh! :)

It's a little bit disappointing to find myself in 12th, but I do think that my writing style was definitely one which some liked and others did not enjoy. Otherwise, I am enjoying the method in which you are doing the awards. I for the most part agree with the judging I've seen so far.

You are surly right with that, and you will see how close it was when i post the final score table!
I did tell you you where a long time in the Top 10 didnt I ?

I am glad you are enjoying it, its way more time consuming than i thought it would be :)

There are just 3 left, it has been a long day for you Alex :).
I like more my 11th place banner with Otto von Bismark that these top ten with queen Victoria :).

Indeed, but this will continue till i am done or i sleep in with the head on my keyboard :D

I guessed Victoria should be on the banners for the top 10, because the game is named after her,
but if someone wants it changed to bismark (or to Victoria) thats really no problem, i can do that easily :)

Actually, i was fininshing a re-upload of latest MEIOU :p

And yes, couldn't go to bed without checking Alex's latest updates.

Congratz, naggy, it's well deserved :)

Good night, guys :p

Actually, i was fininshing a re-upload of latest MEIOU :p
And yes, couldn't go to bed without checking Alex's latest updates.
Congratz, naggy, it's well deserved :)
Good night, guys :p

Glad i made it interresting enough =)

Good night John Boy... err... Gilles :D

Indeed, but this will continue till i am done or i sleep in with the head on my keyboard :D

I guessed Victoria should be on the banners for the top 10, because the game is named after her,
but if someone wants it changed to bismark (or to Victoria) thats really no problem, i can do that easily :)

mmm, can I have Porfirio Diaz or Maximiliano de Habsburgo?, hahaha.

mmm, can I have Porfirio Diaz or Maximiliano de Habsburgo?, hahaha.

Give me a picture you want to have there in place of the one i put in and i make it.
But please tomorrow that :p

I am still there... Working on the final Update with the last 3!

I will post them together asap., i guess i am the only one left here anyway :)

After that i will post the scores and the explanation how to get your prizes.
I am sad that i was too slow to finish sooner with this,
but quality is more important to me than posting rapidly.

I hope my readers appreciate the way i am doing it too.
Sure i could just have posted a simple list and be done with it.
But thats not my style, this is a big thing and it has to end big too :)

And this way is more personal and exciting, at least for me it is ;)

I am rambeling... i should be updating... Thats what i do now ;)

I certainly appreciate the time you are putting in to each update, rather than just posting a table of the results. Unfortunately sleep calls too strongly now, but I look forward to waking up to find out the winners.

No hurry! you are the host after all!
I certainly appreciate the time you are putting in to each update, rather than just posting a table of the results. Unfortunately sleep calls too strongly now, but I look forward to waking up to find out the winners.
Can't rush the boss

Ha, i thought everyone was asleep allready, glad to be not alone :D
Thank you!

Third place update is done, 2 more to go, i will post them together as i said :)

I was away for a bit as I suddenly couldn't reach the forum for more then half an hour of trying, so I played some Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplomacy. I am really getting tired now too, but I'll try to stay awake another half hour/hour to see the final outcome. My #1 is definately among the first 3 so I'm already happy. My #6 and #12 are also among those.

EDIT/ It's my intention to personally congratulate the top 10 and tell them how many points and which place they got from me as well with a bit of reasons why. I've already started but will continue tomorrow (well, later today after I've slept a hole in the day I'd better say).

I was away for a bit as I suddenly couldn't reach the forum for more then half an hour of trying, so I played some Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplomacy. I am really getting tired now too, but I'll try to stay awake another half hour/hour to see the final outcome. My #1 is definately among the first 3 so I'm already happy. My #6 and #12 are also among those.

EDIT/ It's my intention to personally congratulate the top 10 and tell them how many points and which place they got from me as well with a bit of reasons why. I've already started but will continue tomorrow (well, later today after I've slept a hole in the day I'd better say).

I am not sure if i will be finished so soon, i am just done with the second place and now i will write for the first.

But i thank you that you take the time to post for the contestors as a judge, thats also valuable to any writer :)

Hey Alex! Could you post all the final (total) scores together once all the winners are announced so people can better judge where they rest on among the nineteen?

Of course, thats what i will do after the top 3 are posted :)

Woohoo! Thank you very much, Alexspeed, for the great contests, and to all the judges, who took the time to read our AARs!

Of course, now I have to pay for DW myself. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.