CONTEST! Invade Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods with your very own in-game event

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trigger: won a battle while leading the troops.

Event text: You have managed to disarm {name of enemy} and he is now begging you to spare him.

Option A: "You fought valiantly! I shall spare your life."
+30 opinion from {name of enemy}
-10 opinion from vassals
-10 prestige

Option B: "Pah, I have no need to kill such a pathetic weakling!"
-20 opinion from {name of enemy} ("Insulted my honor")
+5 prestige

Option C: "Men, take him and lock him up!"
{name of enemy} is imprisoned
-5 prestige

Option D: "Die, scum!"
{name of enemy} dies!
+10 prestige

Trigger
Low religious authority. At peace.

Event text
As you're cheerily skipping through town, you notice all the townsfolk staring at the sky. You look up and see a bright light. Is it a bird? Is it a comet? No! It's Jesus come back to judge the living and the dead!

Option A: Who's Jesus? [Gain trait 'eunuch']
Option B: Help me, Jesus! [Convert to Christianity]
Option C: *Bitchslap* [Gain a courtier named "Jesus" with a claim on your kingdom. Gain trait 'wroth']
Option D: I need to lay off the sauce. [Lose trait 'drunkard', option only available for drunkards]

Would you consider this a flavor event?

Trigger:
Vassal of a prestigious Norse ruler who has recently died.

Event Text:
'Behold, I see my father and mother. I see all my dead relatives seated. I see my master seated in Valhalla and Valhalla is beautiful and green. With him are men and boy servants.
He calls me. Take me to him.' Quoth the slave girl as she is held aloft before the crowd. Today a great King, a legend, is laid to rest upon his ship of fire, to join his ancestors in the halls of Valhalla.

Option A: One day I too shall enter Valhalla.
+Prestige

Option B: The day *I* dine with the gods cannot come soon enough!
random chance of a certain trait I'm not sure I can name.
(The options for this one were kind of hard to think of :glare:)

-----

Trigger:
Preparing invasion or going on a raid as a Norse ruler.

Event Text:
'My Lord, upon my sacred rings I swear my fealty to you, but I have a favour to ask. When next you go raiding, take me with you!' the old man spoke, raising laughter from your gathered warriors, 'I am old, yes, but I have been a warrior all my life! For many years I have fought battles, and I have watched all companions of my youth die, but I am cursed, for though I fought with them I was never touched by a blade.' He rises from his knees, 'I am forsaken, bereft. I beg you my lord! Give me a chance to die with honour in battle, to join my friends, to dine with the gods in Valhalla!'

Option A: You are too old, a liability.
-random vassal opinion
random chance of diligent?

Option B: We will take you with us old man, to seek your death in battle.
+random vassal opinion
random chance of kind?

-----

Trigger:
Preparing an invasion as a norse ruler

Event Text:
As you awoke to the foggy morning air you sight the charcoal black feathers of a raven perched upon the open window sill. It seems to stare intently into your eyes for a long moment before cawing and taking flight. Later in the day, you consult a Seer over the event, and they claim it was a good omen.

Option A: The All-Father is pleased with my ambition!
random_list = { 25 = { add_trait = zealous } 75 = { add_trait = trusting } }

Option B: The Seer is wrong, it was a bad omen, Odin has cursed my ambition.
random_list = {
75 = { add_trait = cynical }
25 = { add_trait = craven }
}

----

Trigger:
Pagan religion

Event Text:
An evil omen has been seen in the night sky!

Option A: This is actually a good sign!
+prestige, -gold

Option B: Promise to help the people should something bad happen.
lowers national revolt risk, -gold

Option C: Turn to the Seers for an explanation.
gain piety, lose prestige.

(one of these may or may not be based upon a certain tv series that aired recently :ninja:)

Last edited:
Event: Visions of the Valkyries
Norse Pagan Event
Trigger: Slight chance in Non-Siege battle against other Norse Pagans with more then 1000 casualties total

"The battle was hard fought and you made your gods proud. You wipe your brow of sweat and blood as you survey the bloody battlefield. Tears stream down your face as you are sure you can see the Valkyries choosing who among the slain deserve a seat at the All-Fathers table in Valhalla. This vision gives you comfort and steels you in your faith. One day they will come for you"

Gain 100 Piety
Lose Craven
Lose Content
35% chance that you become Zealous
35% chance that you become Ambitious

Listening to this : http://grooveshark.com/s/Back+Through+Time/52VvS8?src=5, I got the idea of an event :

Trigger:
A raiding force is coming back from looting.

Event Text:
A strange glooming light appears in the fog. As your drakkar approaches, you see a enormous ship, bigger than everything you've seen before. On top of the mast, a black flag with a skull and crossed bones flows in the wind. At this moment, you hear shouts and songs in a strange language which seems to be a kind of Ænglisc, but with rolling "r" and unknown words. You pray for Thor to save you, and it seems he has listened to you, as the thunder echoes noisily, and fire appears on the side of the enemy boat. But soon after you realise that your boat is exploding, when bits of wood fly al over you...

Option: The gods have abandoned us!
Your character dies
The looted treasure is lost

Yahaharrr !

Trigger:
You are Pagan and your army has looted/laying siege to a Monastery province, if not possible then just any province.

Event Text:
While looting a Monastery you come across a room full of riches, however in the centre of the room, taking the spotlight, lays a mysterious frail wooden chalice. For some reason you feel a strange aura emanating from it, while inspecting it closely you see it's filled with a red liquid.

Option A: Bhaaa, who cares about a piece of wood, time to loot and plunder
+50 gold
- 10 Piety

Option B: The chalice, it draws me. Surely it must be magical, I must take it to the ship immediately.
- 10 Prestige
+ 50 Piety

Option C (if has a decease trait): A sip shouldn't do any harm.
+20 Gold (still does some looting after drinking)
25% of curing an existing decease
25% of giving you the Drunkard trait

Last edited:
Bad rumors

Trigger:
For norse ruler only.
Has wife.

Event Text:
Your wife is told to be adulterous. According ancient tradition you should trial your wife to the face of Odin.
She put in the stocks, her braids stretched by sides.
You must throw axes to cut her braids. If you cut them both your wife will be innocent. You will be trialed youself if you miss her.

Option A: At ease!
+50 prestige

Option B: Oops...
-50 prestige
Your wife is dead

Option B: I am too drunk to hit the mark
50% that your character is dead

Trigger:
10% possibility: A church/temple is occupied/conquered. Norse/Norse Reformed Faith only.

Event Text:
After smashing the poor defence of your enemies and while your man loot the holy place, you notice a movement in a dark corner near the altar. You draw you sword and advance to the altar. You can not believe your own eyes. This poor creature can't be a man...

Option A: A priest of the wrong faith. Take him prisoner for the next Blot!
A new prisoner in your court.
50 Piety
20% chance that you become zealous.

Option B: The man is not worth the effort. No god would accept this sacrifice. You cut his throat.
40% chance that you become cruel.

Option C: The man might be a woman, but he seems to know things. His wisdome could be usefull, i want him in my hall.
A new courtier arrives at you court.
+ 50 Prestige
40% chance that you become gregarious.

My english is not perfect. If this event should be choosen a accept any improvements ;)

My Father's faith

Trigger Christian Mother and raised christian but has a pagan father

Now that I'm grown, shall I knell to my Mother's faith, or shall I honour my father's ancestors

option A. Remain Christian( Stay christian)
opton B. Adopt my Father's faith( become Pagan)

Trigger:
Character is pagan
Character is raiding a christian province

Event Text:
"After having killed all the able men in yet another village, you and your men make your way to the local church. The doors seem to be locked from the inside and you hear the voices of scared children and weeping women."

Options:
•Option A: To hell with it. Burn that ugly building to the ground!

Limit:
NOT: Has the trait "Kind"

Effect:
Random chance:
50% chance of gaining the trait "Cruel"
Gain prestige +20

•Option B: Leave it be. Plenty of treasure in the next village.

Limit:
NOT: Has the trait "Cruel"

Effect:
Random chance:
50% chance of gaining the trait "Kind"
Gain prestige -20

•Option C: Have your men breach the doors and let them have their pleasures with the women.

Effect:
Army morale +20% (Or any other number. I have no idea what would be best.)
Gain prestige +10

Something Wagner-themed:

Event #1:
(Event picture: perhaps something in this vein?)
Trigger: is Norse pagan, father has died in battle, has trait "strong" OR has ambition "increase martial", is adult

Text: Having died a valiant death, your father has now ascended to Valhalla to feast with Odin. A loyal retainer has brought you his body, and his broken sword. It is an excellent blade, but none of your smiths can repair it ...

Option A: My father's steel will bend to me: I shall reforge the sword myself! [25% chance of gain 3 martial and gain 50 prestige, 100% chance of your steward's opinion to you -5]
Option B: My lazy smiths tell fine lies! Just make me a new one. [gain 1 martial, your opinion of your steward -5]
Option C (required Zealous trait): I shall pray to the Allfather for guidance. [gain 1 martial, gain 50 piety]

Event #2
Trigger: is Norse pagan, has "brave" trait, age between 14 and 16, guardian is ambitious and has intrigue greater than 10

Text: After seeing a peasant boy run from a fight, you ask your guardian what "fear" is. He sniggers and tells you about a nearby cave where a fierce dragon is said to live. He could teach you fear ...

Option A: Lead me there, then! I shall slay the worm and learn to fear from him! [25% chance of wounded, 10% chance of maimed, 5% chance of dies!, 10% chance of nothing happens, 50% chance of +500 prestige AND gain nickname "the Dragonslayer"]
Option B: Er, I think I'm fine without knowing about fear. [gains trait "craven"]

Event #3
Trigger: is Norse pagan, year is after 1100, religious authority of Catholicism is greater than 90%

Text: A young follower of the crucified god has been caught travelling in your domain. He says he is a knight in search of the Holy Grail, which is apparently a magical relic of his faith, and requests save passage on his quest.

Option A: Let him pass, I have no quarrel with his people. [gain 50 piety, gain 50 prestige, 20% chance of gain trait "kind"]
Option B: Tell me more about that "grail" of yours. [convert to Catholicism, gain 1 learning, gain 50 piety]
Option C: (requires Kind or Charitable trait) Why don't you give up your search and settle down in my domain? [gain male courtier (name: Percival of Carbonek), Catholic, Welsh culture, holy knight, skilled tactician, zealous, humble]
Option D: (requires Wroth or Zealous trait) I've always wanted to try crucify a man ... [gain 50 prestige, 20% chance of gain Impaler, 20% chance of gain Cruel]

Name: Indomitable Gauls

Trigger:
% chance while raiding north coast of France/ Brittany (Leon- Mortain?)

Event Text:
While raiding the Frankish coast, you lead your men through a curious dilapidated village. In the biggest ramshackle hut you explore you find an elderly man huddled over an empty cauldron clutching a flagon to his chest. He sees you and lurches for his sword, shouting "Are you Romans?". You scoff and reply "Romans? There are no Romans here! We are brave [insert culture here] warriors!". The elderly man pauses, turns back to his cauldron and begins to tap his fingers on the flagon, deep in thought. You tell your men to stop trying to club squirrels as it's distracting you from the old man's actions. They apologise and go back to skulking around outside the hut, looking for gold under rocks. The old man, after a long time staring into the middle distance, turns back to you decisively and holds out the flagon. "If you are not Romans then you are friends. Take this. It will give you strength esto perpetua."

Option A: "I will try your strange old drink, old man. It better not be beetroot flavoured..."

You drink the mysterious potion and suddenly you feel light as air! You can feel blood coursing through your veins and you feel like you can do anything! You throw some of your men across the village as a demonstration of your new found power. You feel so strong that you think you could hold out against an Empire just by yourself! You are reminded how much you hate beetroot.
Martial +5
Learning -4
Diplomacy -1
(possibly a temporary trait. [name] gains "Has drunk magic potion" M+5 L-4 D-1 for a year?)

Option B: "Give me strength like a puppet chewer? How dare you insult me like this!" You attempt to strike the old man.

The old man drinks the potion and disarms you, to your humiliation.
Prestige -100

Last edited:
Trigger: Successful Assault against a christian church holding if Tengri or Norse

Event Description: Your raid on this church has resulted in the capture of a monk, what do you wish to do with him?

A. He can be my personal assistant
Gain a random male courtier that is either Catholic/Orthodox with high learning, celibacy and zealous.
5% chance that you will be converted to Catholic/Orthodox

B. He can be my slave.
Gain 25 Prestige, 1 Learning, 2% Chance of Conversion to Catholic/Orthodox

C. I shall sell him as a slave
Gain 10 Prestige and 20 Gold

D. We Shall Sacrifice him to (Random relevant God)
Gain 30 Piety, 30% chance of gaining Zealous, 10% chance of gaining Cruel

E. Release him, he is of no harm
Lose 10 Prestige, 30% chance of gaining Kind

Second one:

Trigger:
siege leader, attacker
no nickname

Event Text:
The siege has been going slowly and you are relieving yourself when you see a raid party approaching the camp from your direction.
You are caught with your breeches down!

Option A: Chaaarge!
give nickname "Bareleg"
+10 prestige
10% chance dies

Option B: Ruuun!
give nickname "Bareleg"
-10 prestige

Trigger:
Character has looted a province
obtained gold >25 (if possible)

Event Text:
Packed with riches und plunder you return to your ships only to see the famous raider Boltar and his men on them. After cursing at each other it becomes clear they want your newly obtained goods.

Option A: Maybe I am to old for raiding...
lose all looted gold
-20 Prestige
50% gains trait craven

Option B: Back to Thule you wild beggar!
50% you win (+50 Prestige)
50% you lose (-all looted gold -50 Prestige)
20% wounded, 10% maimed, 2% dead

Option C: Bring the mead men. Skål! [only available for drunkards]
+50 Prestige
30% gains trait gregarious

Option D: Let's end this once and for all! [only available for duelists]
50% gains trait brave
+50 Prestige
10% wounded, 5% maimed, 1% dead

Trigger: Tengri duke/king/emperor, holding a province with forest somewhere in Eurasia, and going off on a nerge or grand hunt.

Event Text: As your men ride ahead, flushing out whatever game might be cowering in the woods, your horse slows to a trot as you take a moment to enjoy the sounds and smells of the forest. Suddenly, you notice a white blur in the corner of your eye. You stop your horse and dismount to investigate. You climb up a hill and reach the top, only to find the most beautiful wolf you've ever seen standing upon a rock. Its gorgeous white fur shines with the daylight and its green eyes look at you with a bright intensity. What shall you do?

Option A: "How could I harm such a pure creation of the Gods?"
+10 Piety
+10 Prestige
+5 Opinion of all vassals

Option B: "What a lovely pelt! I must have it for myself!"
+15 Prestige
-5 Opinion of all vassals

Option C (Greedy): "Fur like that would fetch a pretty coin..."
+65 Gold
-5 Piety
-10 Opinion of all vassals

Option D (Cruel): "It's just a wretched mongrel to die at my hands."
+5 Prestige
-15 Opinion of all vassals

Last edited:
Trigger: Looting a heathen province

Text: As you and your men slaughter the village folk and set fire to their village, you notice an exceptionally beautiful young woman being cornered by your men.

Option A: "Do not lay a finger on her!"
-10 opinion of all vassals
Gain a concubine(if married)
Gain a wife(if unmarried)

Option B: "You've certainly deserved it, men"
+10 opinion of all vassals
+10 prestige

Option C(requires the trait "Zealous"): "Burn the heathen witch!"
+20 piety
-5 vassal opinion
10% chance to gain the trait "Cruel"

Alternatively...

Trigger: Looting a heathen province

Text: While looting the village, you and {vassal's name} find an exceptionally beautiful young woman hiding in a cellar.

Option A: "Kill her."
{vassal's name} -10 opinion
5% chance to gain the trait "Cruel"

Option B: "I get to go first!"
{vassal's name} -5 opinion
5% chance to gain the trait "Lustful"

Option C: "Make sure no-one lays a finger on her."
{vassal's name} -20 opinion
Gain a concubine(if married)
Gain a wife(if unmarried)

Option D: "Do what you want, I'm off to pillage."
{vassal's name} +15 opinion

Triggers:
- A small chance to occur if injured
- Norse

'While growing accustomed to losing that eye in battle has been a challenge my perception is beginning to change. Could this wound be a blessing in disguise?'

Option A: The great Odin has granted me a gift of his divine wisdom!
+ 2 learning
+ 1 diplomacy
- 1 martial
+ 20 prestige
+ 20 piety
- Lose trait 'Wounded'

Option B: It's been hard but I've gotten used to the loss of depth perception and can fight as well as before. Lad, fetch me an eye-patch.
- Gain trait 'Scarred'
- Lose trait 'Wounded'

Last edited:
Event: The, would be, crusader

Trigger: Chance of firing if you entered a crusade, and more than 5 vassals have a negative opinion of you.

Event Text: As you polish your sword in the preparation for the coming crusade, an angry mob suddenly approaches your residence and demands of you to show yourself. Confused, you carefully approach the mob and nothice some of your high nobleman emerging from it. They seem to have roused up the peasantry, saying that your crusading venture will only bring more pain and suffering to the lower classes, and that your careless pursuit of glory will doom the entire realm. They want your head on a stake. Offcourse you know the nobles are only doing this out of pure self-interest, but how do you persuade the peasants of this?

Option A: I am doing <god_name>'s work, you filthy rabble.
Your character dies!

Option B: Look, it's a meteor!!! (You make a run for it)
70% chance they catch you and your character dies!
30% chance you survive and lock up the traitorous nobleman

Option C (High diplomacy): My people, these nobles are hiding their real agenda from you! Listen to your king!
80% chance your character survives and the rabble captures the noblemen
20% chance you fail in persuading them and get decapitated!

Option D (Cruel trait): I will kill each and every one of you!! (You unsheathe your sword)
70% chance you cut down the nobles and the rabble disperses in fear
30% chance you get killed in the ensuing fight

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(can be used by pagan's, christians, and muslims(renamed to jihad))
I hope this is good enough :D
Edit: Damn i just figured out it has to include pagans, i will alter it a bit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.