CONTEST! Invade Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods with your very own in-game event

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So who won?

It ends on friday.

Bountiful Capture
Trigger:
Aztec, won a siege

Your troops have gathered all the captives from the [province name]. As custom dictates, some of them are to be sent to the temple, where their blood will nourish the Gods, but many more remain. They could be used for many purposes: additional sacrificial victims, slaves, training exercise. What would you like to do with your bounty.

Option A: Send them to the temples as offerings.
+5 piety, 5% chance of Zelous

Option B: Sell them as slaves.
+25 gold, 5% chance of Diligent

Option C: Use them for target practice.
+10 prestige, 5% chance of Cruel

Option D: Let them go.
-10 prestige, 5% cane of Kind

Weak child
Trigger:
male, Pagan, has a child with Dwarf trait, is not Kind

As you look at the creature that is said to be your child you are filled only with disdain. It will never be accepted by your fellow men. Its life will forever be that of misery. To end its life now would be an act of mercy.

Option A: Kill it.
The child dies

Option B: Let it live.
-25 prestige 5% chance of Cruel

Tlacaxipehualiztli
Trigger:
Aztec, the month is March

The great Xipe Totec flayed himself to feed our ancestors and so, as the night and day become equal we must choose those that will be sacrificed to him and flayed as he was at the great festival of Tlacaxipehualiztli. Their skins will be worn by the priests for twenty days and when the celebration is over they will be preserved in the depths of the temple.

Option A: Choose a common slave.
+5 piety

Option B: Take one of my prisoners.
Requirements: has a non-Aztec, unlanded prisoner
+10 piety, the prisoner dies

Option C: Sacrifice a heathen lord.
Requirements: has a non-Aztec, landed prisoner
+15 piety, the prisoner dies

Last edited:
Adopt an Heir

Trigger:
An enemy's heir has been captured after their castle was looted.

Event Text:
As they loot and pillage the holding, your men find the castle's heir hiding in a closet.

Option A: Hold the child for ransom
Lock child in prison

Option B: Adopt the child as your own
Child moves to your court
Child takes your family name
Child gains strong claim on parent's demense
-50 gold (as expenses for raising the child)

Only the Strong Lead

Trigger:
A failed pillaging or war and/or very low opinion (-80 at least) from rival/someone with claim/courtier (or whomever is thematically appropriate)

Event Text:
[Name of rival] has publicly challenged you to personal combat. He calls you weak and a failure in the eyes of Odin, and believes he should be the one to lead.

Option A: Duel Him
Then let us fight and I will send you to Valhalla!

50% Chance to win/lose
Perhaps having dueling trait gives you "under the hood" bonus, ie extra 25% chance to win (equaling 75% to win)
- I believe all duels in Norse culture were to the death, so... there's your resolution :p
If you win, you gain the trait "Duelist", +50 prestige
If you lose, the opponent gains your primary title... and you're dead.

Post Event Text The duel ensues and is close. In the end he/you parry his/your axe and buries his/your axe into his/your chest. He/You slump to the ground as his/your life fades.
Final Button Lo do I see my father...
This would be a reference to battle prayer used in the 13th Warrior, you can easily find the battle prayer via Youtube.

Option B: Secretly poison opponent (available if Spymaster is at least 18 or higher)
While your opponent is dining in the great hall, you have your spymaster secretly taint his food [poison his mead]. While it won't kill him, it will leave him incredibly weak, allowing you to easily win the duel

You will win the duel
-50 prestige
+1 intrigue
Perhaps percentages to gain negative traits?
deceitful, craven seem to be most fitting.

You can add chances to be discovered or perhaps %s to have the poison work/not work

Post Event Text: Your opponent arrives but is stumbling and stammering, barely able to hold his shield properly. The crowd whispers to themselves and many remarking that he drank a great deal of mead the night before. Combat ensues and you easily dispatch of him, ending his life.

Option C: Bribe Your Opponent to take a fall (personal stewardship/intrigue of 10 each?)
You secretly meet with [challengers name] and offer him money to allow you to win the duel, and swear to Odin [All-Father] you will spare his life.
-150 gold
+10 prestige
Again, perhaps gaining negative traits ie deceitful, craven, etc.

Post Event Text: The duel goes as you expect, with you emerging victorious. As your opponent falls to his knees, he begs for mercy. You grant him his wish, saying that Odin is not yet ready to have him sit in Valhalla

Last edited:
Event name: The Birdmen Come

Triggers: A norse ruler or a reformed norse ruler, at war with the Aztec Empire.

"Ever since the red-skinned men sailed from across the ocean in boats similar to your ancestors', they have plagued Europe. With blood-stained knives and fearsome hosts of warriors, they are a strong people. Now, their hungry gazes have turned upon you. But you are not one of the followers of the dead god or the southern prophet, you are a true norse ruler! The seers tell you that Odin and Thor are with you, ready to fight the feathered gods of the Aztec horde!"

Option A: "For the Allfather"
- Gain Zealous
- Morale of armies increased

Toxcatl
Trigger:
Aztec, the month is May
Te time has come once again to celebrate the Festival of Toxcatl. A young man, chose during the last year’s festival to be the ixiptlatli – the impersonator of the God Tezcatlipoca will parade through the city and he will be sacrificed atop the temple. His skull will be placed on the tzompantli skull rack and his flesh will be distributed among the high nobles.

Option A: I will retire to my palace, as the custom dictates.
Requirements: is Emperor or is King and independent

Option B: His flesh will make a fine meal.
Requirements: is Duke or is King and not independent
+10 prestige

Option C: I never get a bite.
Requirements: rank below Duke
-5 prestige

Atamalqualiztli
Trigger:
Aztec, the month is October or November, does not have the “Festival of the Water Pancakes” modifier

It may be hard to believe, but it has already been eight years since the last Atamalqualiztli and so it is time for another fast. For a week the only food eaten will be unseasoned tamales soaked in water. Our other food will rest and be revitalised, and any who do not stick to the fast will be punished with leprosy.

Option A: Good thing it’s just one week.
Requirements: is not Gluttonous
+5 piety, 1% chance of getting Ill, gets “Festival of the Water Pancakes” modifier giving +0,01 monthly Piety for 2860 days (eight years without two months, so that the event can happen every 8 years)

Option B: A full week with nothing but wet tamales? That’s just cruel.
Requirements: is Gluttonous
-10 piety, 1% chance of getting Leper, gets “Festival of the Water Pancakes” modifier giving +0,01 monthly Piety for 2860 days

Trigger
Character must be a reformed pagan. Character must have the "wants to have a son/daughter" ambition. Character's wife must be pregnant, and not hold any titles. Small chance of happening.

Event Text
Your wife has been acting unruly in recent months. Time and time again she disobeyed you. If you do not put an end to this, it will make a mockery of you in your own court.

As you investigate her strange demeanor, you find that she has fallen under the spell of a witch who claims to be a priestess of the ancient rites. You order your wife to desist from seeing the witch, but she defies you yet again: "I will not stop worshiping with my priestess. And you should thank her too! When I struggled to fulfill your wish for a child, she bathed me in magical herbs that cured my barren womb."

Options
  1. Maybe the old rites really knew better
    Character converts to unreformed paganism
    Wife converts to unreformed paganism
    Wife gains +5% fertility
  2. Remember how the 'old rites' punished rebellious wives?
    Wife gains the 'zealous' trait
    50% chance wife is wounded/30% chance wife is maimed and character gains 'cruel' trait/20% chance wife dies and character gains 'cruel' trait
  3. Let's not throw out the baby with the … bathwater
    Only available if character has the 'patient' trait
    Wife gains the 'zealous' trait

Last edited:
The great Loot

Trigger:

- Character is a Norse ruler:
- Has just finished a plundering, the ships have returned home and brought 200+ gold with them.
- Character has at least 4 vassals on count and/or duke level.
- Event appears with a possibility of 15 percent, when the above conditions have met.

Event (appears after the ships-have-returned-home-event): The evening has become late and all the warriors you have invited to your great feast have already become drunken. When XY (one of your vassals) appears and asks you, if you are willing to share the loot with the men, who have participated in the war with their own men.

Option 1: "My gold you want, man, never!" (starts an independence war led by XY, in which your vassals take place. If they win, they will receive all the gold from the plundering and become independent)

Option 2: Perhaps a bit you shall get. (distributes the loot equally among your primary vassals and yourself, you character loses 100 prestige)

The looting

Trigger:

- Your Viking character has raided 5 counties in England.
- The lands you have raided belong to one of the Saxon kings in England.

Event: After your successful burning of the last dozen villages in this land, your servant appears, loudly crying: My Lord! The king is here! On the high-above hill, which surrounds the valley of your landing-place, the army of the king of XY appears.

Option 1: "To the ships, all to the ships!" (You king loses 100 prestige and randomly 30-90 percent of the raided loot, and 20 percent of your troops)

Option 2: "Finally, a valiant enemy, I have waited for this that long!" (Fights against a 5k army of king XY, in case of losing, 80 percent of the ships are destroyed, together with the loot upon them)

Last edited:
The pilage

Event title: The pillage

Trigger: Army is pillaging and you are the leader of that army. (But not every time, just from time to time)

Text: Your troops menaged to break defenses of [INSERT HOLDING NAME], they are ready to pilllage.

Option A: Let's destroy everything, we'll leave only ruins behind!
5% chance to get: Berserker trait
5% chance to get trait: Inspiring leader
20% chance to get trait: Wounded
5% chance to get trait: Maimed
1% chance to get killed by remains of defenders
Every male in the holding has to fight
Every male in the holding has 40% chance to get trait: Wounded
Every male in the holding has 30% chance to get trait: Maimed
Every Male in the holding has 30% chance to get killed
Every female in the holding has 35% to get pregnant
Every female in the holding has 10% chance to get killed
+ 200 prestige
+ 250 gold
+ 50 relations with army generals
Troops morale gets replenished
- 200 relations with owner of holding
- 100 relations with holding owners liege
All buildings get destroyed (I mean they get de-leveled, from III to II for example)

Option B: Pillage everything, kill and rape, this is your day!
Gains trait: Cruel
+ 100 prestige
+ 150 gold
+ 50 relations with army generals
Troops morale gets replenished
Any male in holding has 25% chance to die
Any female in holding has 25% chance to get pregant
- 100 relations with owner of holding
- 50 relations with holding owners liege
Some of buildings get destroyed (I mean they get de-leveled, from III to II for example)

Option C: Pillage my lads but leave population untouched.
Gains trait Kind
+ 25 prestige
+ 50 gold
+ 10 relations with army generals
- 50 relations with owner of holding
- 25 relations with holding owner liege
Some of buildings get destroyed (I mean they get de-leveled, from III to II for example)

Last edited:
Let's give it a try. Forgive my english mistakes and my sense of humour, and feel free to adjust numbers:

Summer solstice

Trigger:
Character must be a pagan ruler and have looted a holding. Date must be either the 23 of june and maybe have a <5% probability of happening.

Event text:
While staring at the fire and devastation that your troops have caused you realize that summer solstice approach and it is time to prepare a great celebration. Decided to make this year celebration even more splenderous and pleasant to {main religion god's name} eyes, you start to gather all your loot when suddenly a white-haired stranger arrives to your court. He claims to have traveled all around the known world and be able to organize the best celebration ever to the major glory of {name of the player's character} and {main religion god's name}. Amazed by his fabulous stories and promises, you trust the man leting him organize everything while you discuss your next move with your generals. However, days pass and the man seems to be just spending your money on silly caprices as a new pair of spectacles. Afraid that celebration won't be ready, you finally decide to inquire a day before the summer solstice. However, the man just calmy stroke his beard while saying: "My celebrations are never late! Nor are they ever early. They arrives precisely when I mean them to do!"

Option A
-What kind of response is that your {count/duke/king}!!! Imprison him and I'll do myself whatever it's necessary to finish that mess.
{A new norse imprisoned character appears. 3% Gain stressed. -200 gold. +30 prestige. +30 piety}

Option B
-Ok, I trust your word.
{30% celebration it's on time. -100 gold. +50 prestige. +50 piety. Gain Patient.}
{70% celebration it's not on time. -100 gold. -30 prestige. -30 piety. Gain Trusting}

Option C
-(Patient) You are right, a man needs to be patient.
{70% celebration it's on time. -100 gold. +100 prestige. +100 piety}
{30% celebration it's not on time. -100 gold. -30 prestige. -30 piety. Lose Patient}

Option D
-(Cruel) I see... This year we'll have a blood sacrifice!!!
{Gain Impaler. -100 gold. +50 prestige}

Option E
-(Wroth) Very well, You will be part of the celebration then. Bring me my throwing axe!!!
{Gain a norse eunuch character in your court. -100 gold. +50 piety}

Trigger
Character must be pagan, must have the 'blinded' trait, and cannot have the 'lunatic' trait. Event has a chance of occurring while character is leading troops in battle. Event cannot occur again if character has chosen the second or third option of this event before.

Event Text
For many hours you have been stumbling blindly across the battlefield, letting your ears be your guide. You can only hope that, at the end of the day, your hand will have killed fewer friends than foes.

Almost delirious with exhaustion, you pause to catch your breath, while your bodyguard surrounds and protects you. You listen intently to the sounds of the battle, trying to divine which side is winning. But the more you strain your ears, the more you hear the faint sounds of something that is… not quite human… and possibly… not quite of this world.

Are these the voices of your ancestors, come to hail you in your hour of triumph? Or are they evil spirits, luring you towards certain doom and defeat?

Options
  1. Ancestors? Spirits? My mind is playing tricks on me!
    30% chance to lose the 'zealous' trait
  2. I hear their advice, but I doubt I can trust them.
    Gain the 'paranoid' trait
    Gain +1 martial
    50% chance to gain the 'trickster' trait/50% chance to gain the 'holy warrior' trait
  3. The voices tell me: I am the God of War reborn!
    Only available if martial attribute is 7 or greater
    Gain the 'lunatic' trait
    Gain +4 martial
    Gain the 'inspiring leader' trait

(If the bonus for the third option seems like a lot, please keep in mind that it is only available to blind characters with a permanent -6 to their martial attribute.)

Trigger

[*]The voices tell me: I am the God of War reborn!
Only available if martial attribute is 7 or greater
Gain the 'lunatic' trait
Gain +4 martial
Gain the 'inspiring leader' trait[/LIST]

(If the bonus for the third option seems like a lot, please keep in mind that it is only available to blind characters with a permanent -6 to their martial attribute.)

How blind mad man can be inspiring leader? I think berserker would be better considering option name.

And one last one, for you Galaxy Quest fans. :D Thanks again for the contest Paradox, I loved it! (in case you didn't notice!) :blush:

Event Name: Norse Quest

Trigger: Any Norse pagan who just lost a member of their court in battle

Event Text: "[insert dead mans name] lays mortally wounded in your arms. He was one of the few men who modeled himself after you, who would follow your orders in any battle no matter the odds. Now, desperately, he looks to you, waiting for one last word before going to Valhalla."

Options:

A. By Thor's hammer, by the sons of Odin, you shall be avenged.
Get 'Blood Rage' +2 martial -1 diplomacy for four months.

Yeah, just in time :p

First one:
Event Name: Super Storm
Trigger: -Fleet returning from pillaging
-min 100 gold on fleet
-can only trigger once every 10 years
Event text: As our heroic fleet returns from its successful plundering trip and our soldiers still enjoy the desperate screams of the pitty townsfolk, it is suddenly caught up in heavy weather, as if the wrath of [major god of players religion] is unleashed. Huge waves threaten to sink our ships and all its gold along with it. Some are suggesting that we should offer some of our loot to [major god of players religion] in order to appease him. What to do?
Option A: Hopefully [major god of players religion] accepts this offer...
-loss of 50 gold from the loot, +100 piety, +10 prestige
Option B: I trust you are all worthy seaman
-lose 30% of the ships and soldiers, -50 piety, gain trait 'harsh'

Second one:
Event Name: The Mouth of [major god of players religion]
-completely random, but only once every 150 years
Event Tekst: Some villagers came to our castle today with quite a strange story. They claim there village was destroyed by a monster, to which they refer as "The Mouth of [major god of players religion]". Your court anxiously awaits your reaction.
Option A: Let take a look, shall we?
-50% chance: gain trait 'brave', +100 prestige
-50% chance: character dies
Option B: They just want to evade taxes!
-70% chance of revolt in capital region
-gain trait 'cruel'

Event name: Son of the Buffalo Woman (West African Pagan)
I think there's a clear dearth of West African pagan events, so I'll try to contribute something to that.

Trigger
1. Character is a male ruler
2. Character is West African pagan OR is in West African culture group and has a province that is West African pagan
3. Character has a wife or concubine that has either the ugly, hunchback, harelip, clubfooted, or dwarf traits and is NOT the character’s lover and has not had any children with the character

Event Text
Two mysterious hunters came to me recently, telling me that I should lie with my ugly, deformed wife for she shall bear me a son who will become a great and mighty king. The wise men and wise women tell me that the hunters have powers of prophecy and magic, and that I should heed their advice.

Option A
I shall lie with her.
+5 piety, 10% chance of impregnating her, 10% chance of becoming lovers

Option B
I refuse to lie with this ugly, buffalo-like woman.
-5 piety, -10 opinion with wife

Option C - only available if not West African pagan
The hunters are merely superstitious madmen.
+10 piety, -10 opinion with wife

Notes
This was loosely by the beginning of the Epic of Sundiata. Sundiata’s mother was a hunchback, and his father only agreed to marry her and lie with her once two hunters came, prophesizing the birth of the great Sundiata.

I have two ideas for the contest

"Holding up Heaven "

Trigger; you gain a new vassal or make peace with one who has been at war with you.

You are invited by one of your vassals to come and see a great oak tree ,One that has been there longer than anyone's memory can recollect. It is so large my Lord that it is said it's branches hold up even the heavens themselves.
OPTION A
accept gladly ...yes that would be a fine diversion amongst all my carnage, and bloodshed. I could use such a outing to ease my mind.
gain 20 prestige and +20 opinion from the vassal. Gain +10 piety
OPTION B
decline ...No , we have no time for such foolishness. Men have more practical matters to attend to. This does not befit my title.
lose -50 opinion with vassal but have 50 percent chance to gain the trait diligent

The second one is " Enemy of my Enemy"

TRIGGER
you have just been alerted that you are losing -2 prestige each month now that you are no longer raiding.

EVENT
In a completely unorthodox move a emissary from a English earl arrives at your court, asking if you would be interested in aiding in stealing back 1000 gold that a enemy clan has ransomed from his Lord.
OPTION A
accept gladly and then follow along with the provisions of the deal
gain 500 gold , lose 100 prestige for making any deals with such rag tag Christians! 50 percent chance to gain the trait arbitrary
OPTION B
accept gladly , but decide "I am who I am , and therefore I have no loyality to these Christians !" You will fight and take for yourself all of the gold !
gain 1,000 gold 50 percent chance to gain the trait decietful

decline ......Be gone from me little rat , your Lord means nothing to me ! You send the emissaries head on a stick back to his Lord to let him know your answer!
50 percent chance you gain the trait cruel.

Last edited:
Hello guys! I am closing this thread now to prevent more submissions as the time is up! Regina will update you on the process of determining a winner shortly!

crusaderkingsiitheoldgo.png

Dear pagans!

So we are all extremely happy that so many went berserk and posted events for our contest!
But by Odin's flaming eye! To be perfectly honest, we were also a tiny bit unprepared for this huge and wonderful invasion of heathens.
I know we promised to announce the winners today, and I deeply apologize for the fact that we won´t be able to do that.

With 28 pages of bearded events, we hope that you can understand that we really need more time to read all your events carefully, before we announce the winners… :)
Therefore the winners will be announced on the 17th of June.

While waiting, please enjoy looting and pillaging your way through Europe as a pagan ruler in The Old Gods!

I apologize for the delay.
Please do not sacrifice me at the great Blot because of this.
Please.

May the old gods watch over you!

Cheers,
regina

Status
Not open for further replies.