CONTEST! Invade Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods with your very own in-game event

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trigger:
The enemy capital has been looted by the army belonging to the player's character

Event Text:
As your men fight reach the gates of the temple, they find a shocking surprise: They have been mocking your gods with a statue
They start to argue what to do with the statue as they want to avenge their gods

Option A: Burn it for Thor!
+50 Prestige
+10 relationships with your vassals

Option B: Burn it for Odin!
+75 Prestige
+5 relationships with fellow Norse Lords

Option C: Burn it for Loki!
+65 Gold
-5 relationships with all Norse characters

Trigger:
Newborn heir is inbred or otherwise deformed.

Event Text:
Your wife's recent pregnancy has resulted in a deformed child unsuitable for inheriting the throne. Your advisors have urged you to exchange the babe for a healthy child born to a common family on the same day, though this deception may prove difficult to hide...

Option A: Never - the child is mine, deformities or no!
-50 Prestige
+25 Piety
Lose Deceitful
50% chance to gain Honest
50% chance to gain Just

Option B: Very well, make the exchange!
-50 Piety
-1 Gold (to pay off the peasant family)
+25 Prestige
Lose Honest
50% chance to gain Deceitful
50% chance to gain Arbitrary
Heir loses any congenital or deformity traits
Heir gains Legitimized Bastard trait (to represent the suspicion of the child's illegitimacy)
10% chance for Heir to gain Attractive
10% chance for Heir to gain Genius or Quick
10% chance for Heir to gain Strong

Option C: Take the peasant child as mine and put the abomination to death - and kill the peasant child's family as well. No witnesses!
-100 Piety
+25 Prestige
Gain Cruel
Gain Deceitful
Gain Arbitrary
Heir loses any congenital or deformity traits
10% chance for Heir to gain Attractive
10% chance for Heir to gain Genius or Quick
10% chance for Heir to gain Strong

Last edited:
Norse pagan character event

Trigger : Character is leading troops AND in battle.

Event text : "As you cross the battlefield, you suddenly encounter a mysterious young woman in a full set of amor, wearing swan feathers in her long, braided golden hair. As you approach, you realize that she stares at you, apparently unaffected by the chaos of the battle around her. Could she be one of the fabled valkyrjur, the Chooser of the Slain ?"

Option A : I shall stand proudly in the hall of Valhalla !
One of these two things will happen :
- 50% chance that :
Martial ability +2
Gain the "Brave" trait
Gain the "Proud" trait
Loose the "Craven" trait
Prestige + 200
Piety + 100
- 50% chance that :
Your character dies
Gain the "Einherjar" trait

Option B : Nah, that's only weak-minded superstitions...
Piety -50
60% chance that : gain the "Cynical" trait

Option C : (Only if character has the "Lustful" trait) Nah, she's just a peasant girl. I shall have her !
Prestige + 100
40% chance that : a bastard child is born to the character
10% chance that : gain the "Syphilitic" trait

(On a side note, that "Einherjar" trait I mentioned would be a posthumous trait that could also be randomly gotten by Norse characters when they die if they have been known for their military prowess during their life. It would give a prestige and piety boost to all living members of his dynasty)

Last edited:
Trigger:
Trait: Dwarf
Norse Pagan
Steward in province
Event Text:
[Steward Name] has found a rare ore in [Province]. This blue stone is lightweight, but carries a better edge than any other metal. However, may of the peasants who have gone near the cave where it is located have not returned. Should we attempt to extract this stone?

Option A: Strike the Earth!
[Province] gains modifier "Adamantine Weaponry- All levy types +20 attack" for 5 years
70% chance [Character] gains character modifier "Entrance to Hell- -3 to all stats, -2 piety/month, -3 prestige/month

Option B: Dieing is not fun!
[Character] gain trait: Content
50% chance character gain trait: Craven

A brew too much

Trigger: Any adult male, not raiding or leading troops.

Event text:
As you have spent some of the night at the local inn, drinking the mead very eagerly, a very strong man walks up past you. As you look at him you realize that he is one of your very old rivals competing for your wife. He seems to have been drinking as well and have not yet noticed you. What should you do?

Option A: "You....Come over here!" You stand up on slightly unsteady legs and begin to fight your rival, learning a few new tricks or getting badly hurt in the process.

50%: Martial +2
40%: Martial -2
10%: Gain trait wounded. Martial -3.
100%: Prestige +20

Option B: I better stay silent, to avoid the fight.

100%: Prestige -20

Option C: (Must have trait Strong OR Quick OR Intelligent) You quietly walk up to him, and punch him without him even noticing you, he slumps down onto the floor.

100% +3 Martial, -1 diplomacy, -5 prestige, Gain the trait Deceitful.

Option D: (Must have high diplomacy) You walk over and talk gently to him. As you wake up on the floor and walk home, your wife tells you she slept with *him* as you sold her to him for a night.

100%: *wife* opinion of you -30, +250 gold, Prestige -50
15%: Gain the trait Drunkard.

One more for now.

Trigger: Your character leads an army through the de jure territory of the Kingdom of Greece.

Event Text: You are travelling through the former Empire of Macedonia, pointing out sites of historical battles to your men, who nod in excitement whenever you tell them exactly where someone's head got cut off. You pass the former palace of Alexander the Great. In a swell of Imperial admiration you tell your men something. Something you've never told anyone. Your men sat on the floor in front of you, bright eyed and waiting for a story. You begin. When you were fifteen, you went to Macedonia on a raiding mission with your father, to the site of Alexander The Great's palace, where you stand again today. And for the first time in your whole life, you felt ... you felt you were home. This place was where you belonged. Years later, you got friendly with a soothsayer - Donald - and told him about the Alexander the Great thing, and he said that he'd regress you back through your past lives. You were dubious, but you let him put you under. It turned out your instincts were absolutely correct. You had lived a past life in Macedonia. That palace was your home. Because, believe it or not, he told you that, in a past incarnation, you were Alexander the Great's chief eunuch.

Option A: Your men are stunned into silence. Awe? Majesty? ...Eunuch?

-1 Prestige.
[temporary trait] "...Eunuch?" -1 opinion from all vassals/ courtiers for 1 year.

Trigger:
the norse character has taken part in a victorious battle.

Event Text:
As they enemy run away, your men salute you, as the son of Odin
but the priest, say your are a normal man.

Option A: I am the son of odin
+50 gold
+100 prestige

Option B: i am a normal man
+20 piety

trigger: norse army loots a capital of either a duchy, kingdom or empire.

text: Thors Hammer! The gods shall wait in Valhalla! Tonight we shall dine on their gold, ale and daughters!

Duchy Capital: 25 gold, 50 piety, 100 prestige
Kingdom Capital: 50 gold, 100 piety, 200 prestige
Empire Capital: 100 gold, 200 piety, 400 prestige

This is basically my homage to the greatest viking of all time: Techno Viking

Trigger: Norse religion and culture, learning of at least 10, ambitious trait

Event text: In your many journeys you have seen men use a variety of different contraptions to increase their productivity and better their warfare. You are fascinated by these inventions, and strive to bring them to your homeland.

- Technology Viking (+10% economic tech)

For Norse pagans. This Event is inspired by several of the stories recorded in the norse sagas, where Odin appear disguised as a old man, visiting kings or other nobles for a short while (talking, eating, then leaving).

Trigger:
You'r holding a feast/celebration.

Event Text:
The feast has gone well, the sun is going down and most of the men are drunk and asleep.
A hooded old man knocks on the door and you send [random courtier] to see what he wants. [Random courtier] describes him as one-eyed and long bearded man who is asking for shelter for the night.

Option A: This man is clearly Odin in disguise! Give him your best food and shelter and listen to what he has to say.

-40 gold
+10 piety

50% chance you get:
+1 learning

Option B: Give this old pauper a bench to sleep at and some leftovers.
-5 gold
+5 piety

Option C: Lets see how fast he can run, release the hounds!

- 5 piety
15% chance you get the 'Cruel' trait.

Last edited:
A vassal informs you he has been maimed.

Trigger: Norse and character holds lands recently conquered or has high prestige, one of your army leaders is maimed in battle.
If triggered, the event lasts for five years and every time a vassal/courtier is maimed, they will let you know.

Event text: "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."

Only option is to hit ok.

Alexander, the Great or the Accursed?

I am going to give some love to the Zoroastrians. Funny enough I just wrote a paper about this for my Alexander class.

Name:

Alexander, the Great or the Accursed?

Trigger:

A Zoroastrian character who has the ambition to increase learning.

Event text:

Your study has led you to read about the ancient Shahs of the past. You have been given a book about the man called Iskandar the Accursed, also known as Alexander the Great to the Non-believers. The Zoroastrian priests declare him to be a creature of the Evil Spirit and our holy books say he destroyed our temples and slaughtered our priests. Yet the author of this book did not worship Mazda and he speaks of an Iskandar who was just and noble.

Option A. He is the Accursed! Who brought this book into my presence?:
Piety +50
Prestige +50
30% gains trait zealous

Option B. Perhaps the Mobads are wrong, maybe he was a great man:
80% Learning +1
20% Learning +2
20% gains cynical trait

Last edited:
This could be for most of the pagans, but at least Kalevala has a part about this so it would be fit for Suomenusko religion.
In the story Väinämöinen orders that the bastard child should be killed, but the child starts to speak and he is crowned as a king and Väinämöinen leaves Kalevala. In some versions the child claims that the Väimämöinen is his father so the strong claim thing could be quite possible.

Trigger:
Your daughter or courtier has given birt to illegitimate child. Your character is pagan

Text:
Your daughter/courtier has given birth to a child and a father is nowhere to be found! The child has no position in the eyes of the gods!

Option A: Kill the child and drown it to the swamp.
Piety +50
Relationship with vassals/courtiers:
If pagan: +15
If Christian or Muslim: -25
The baby dies
The relationship changed with daughter/courtier -50
You lose trait Kind if you have one

Option B: Banish your daughter/courtier to the woods with the child.
Prestige +25
Relationship with Christian or Muslim vassals/courtiers -15
50% chance that both mother and child die
25% chance that only child dies and mother appears to court near you
25% chance that both survive and appear to court near you & the child gets strong claim to your realm
The relationship changed with daughter/courtier and child -50 if they survive
You lose trait Kind if you have one

Option C: Don't react
Piety -100
Relationship with pagan vassals/courtiers changed -25
Relationship with the mother +50
25% chance you gain trait Kind

Note: Killing your child could also be option if the child has hunchback or other deformity. Not part of the event, but could earn you some prestige and piety.

Last edited:
Trigger: Rare event. Successful raid OR Returning raid loot home,
non-reformed pagan ruler.

Event text: As the loot is being loaded onto the docks you spot two ravens circling overhead, clucking, cawing and cheering.

Option A: The Gods shall have their tribute
50 % to get Zealous
+ 25 piety
- 50 gold

Option B: Birds with bird brains, silly ducks
75 % to get cynical

(For lunatic or zealous character) Option C: I AM THE SON OF ODIN!
+ 100 piety
Character gains 'Son of a God' for 3 months
- 10 General opinion
+ 1 piety/month

An event for Finnish pagans: Peijaiset

Trigger:
A random event for Suomenusko characters

Event Text:
Your men have managed to hunt down the bear that has been killing livestock in nearby villages. The men are now calling for a feast in commemoration of the bear's spirit, called peijaiset. Since bear holds great symbolism in our life, it might not be wise to pass this opportunity.

Option A: Of course! Let's also hope for his good reincarnation as a creature of the forest!
+50 prestige
-50 gold

Option B: Sadly, I have no time for this.
-10 prestige

Option C (if the character has greedy trait): Bear hides are valuable, so we'll sell it instead!
-10 prestige
+20 gold

Option D (if the character has zealous trait): After enjoying the feast, I shall take the bear's skull to the sacred grove.
+50 prestige
+20 piety
-50 gold

Trigger:
- Raiding heathen province AND leading the raiding troop in one of the flanks
- NOT Chaste, Bonus multiplier if Lustful
- Is MALE

Text:
As you and your men loot and pillage <the holding>, a young woman catches your eye...

Option A: She's mine! Bring her to me!
- Create a new lowborn young woman at court (hopefully with no ugly trait..) with same religion & culture as those of the looted county
- That woman becomes the concubine of the ruler
- 50% chance that woman is impregnated by you
- If not yet lustful, 25% chance to become lustful

Option B: Come here boys! Let's have some fun!
- Create a new lowborn young woman at court (hopefully with no ugly trait..) with same religion & culture as those of the looted county
- That woman is imprisoned by you (so that you can sacrifice her for pagan festivals)
- 50% chance that woman is impregnated (unknown father)
- 50% chance that woman is wounded, 30% chance that woman is maimed
- 50 Prestige, increase morale of army slightly for a few months
- (If follow-up event after a few days allowed) 5% chance the woman will die within few days, causing you to gain the trait Cruel

Option C: Release her!
- MINUS 100 prestige, morale of army drops slightly for few months
- 40% chance to gain Kind trait

Trigger:
A holding has been looted by a raiding army of your character.
Event text
Leaving a ravished terrain behind, you suddenly find yourself in front of a steep stone wall with no way forward. You shout "Open, Sesame!"
Option A
A door in the rocks open
Gains a mystic trait, loose 50 gold
Option B
A door in the rocks doesn't open
Loose 5 prestige

Event: What is this land?! (Note: for the purposes of the game, in which Greenland is not represented, I changed Greenland to Iceland...Unless you'd prefer Greenland to be represented, I'll keep it as Iceland

Trigger: Year before 1100
Character's dynasty owns title in Scandinavia and Iceland AND Character's primary title must not be in Iceland OR Character has relative at court in Iceland AND primary title is not in Iceland
Month is between April and September
Character is not leading troops

Text: "You set off from [player's primary title] to visit your [relationship to relative], [relative name], up in Iceland on your customary summer visit by way of boat along with a small crew. Storms hit you on your rough ride, and you soon lose your bearings to where you are going. Lost but still with many supplies, you finally see the sun again, and try to put yourself back on course for Iceland. After 3 days of easy sailing, you see a land that you believe not to be Iceland, a land wooded and flat yet beautiful. Your crew urges you to land for supplies but you still see many supplies still on board"

Option A: Land it is!
Gain 10 prestige
[Random male courtier] gain 30 opinion

Option B: My [relative] is waiting!
Lose 10 prestige
[Random male courtier] lose 30 opinion

Option C: (Available to those with trait lunatic) My [relative] must be in there somewhere
5% chance character dies!
15% chance maimed
20% chance wounded

Idea from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bjarni_Herjólfsson

Last edited:
Trigger:
Is Tengri and owns province that is non-Tengri. At peace. Revolt risk less than 1%. Owned province for more than 10 years.

Event Text:
The settled people of [province] have for some time shown to be loyal servants of your people. Some of their representatives have requested a chance to prove their worth...in combat. While they are piss-poor fighters, these people do have a great deal of goods that could be...appropriated..For the greater good, of course.

Option A: Glory to the Horde! (Alternatively: They think they can fight? Let the fools try.)
30% levy boost to province for 10 years
-30 prestige

Option B: Let those women fight? Just make them spit out some gold and send them home.
+125 gold
10% revolt risk

Option C: They are of better use at home.
5% chance of any of the following:
10% increase in economic tech spread for 10 years
10% increase in military tech spread for 10 years
10% increase in culture tech spread for 10 years

Option D: My cou is always in need of advisers.
Receive randomly skilled courtier of province religion and culture.
Only available with a court with less than 20 courtiers.

Last edited:
Trigger: A Norse pagan character who is a count or baron gets captured by a Muslim ruler which he is hostile with.

Event Text: The Great Lord [Muslim Rulers Name] have heard great tales about the warriors from your land. He offers you a chance to serve under him if you embrace the true religion of Islam.

Option A: I accept your offer
+1000gold
+300prestige
+4 martial
Character converts to Islam
Character will fight in the armies of [Muslim Rulers Name] for a year
5% that the character dies
15% chance that the character gets the trait "Maimed"

Option B: I note your worthy offer but I can not leave the religion of my forefathers

+ 250 piety
Character gets the trait "Zealous"
Character stays in the dungeons

Option C: I will help you fight but I can't leave my faith, in fact should I teach you of it?

+1 learning
+1 diplomacy
+200 gold
5% chance of [Muslim Rulers Name] converting to Norse
Character will fight in the armies of [Muslim Rulers Name] for a year

P.S. Inspirerad av Röde Orm för de som läst den. Kanske inte funkar i spelet men kände att jag ville ha det här.

Status
Not open for further replies.