• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
CSABadass,
Take your time but I was just wondering if you'd be interested in a port of your scenario to AOD. There are some new commands for AOD which may make the whole thing possible WITHOUT using moddir.

Ali_1882 was supposed to be working on one (see previous page), but I haven't heard anymore about it.

As I said on the previous page, I don't own AoD nor do I have the time to mod for it--sorry!

Actually I was thinking more about making an offer to do that myself (with you getting full credit of course), if you give me permission. There are a couple of commands in AOD that are quite nifty, namely
giveleader and
giveteam.
With these two commands all you would need would be your CSA leaders file and tech team file minus the ones that are taken from the USA. On setup, giveleader and giveteam make the required adjustments and you're ready to go!

Actually I was thinking more about making an offer to do that myself (with you getting full credit of course), if you give me permission. There are a couple of commands in AOD that are quite nifty, namely
giveleader and
giveteam.
With these two commands all you would need would be your CSA leaders file and tech team file minus the ones that are taken from the USA. On setup, giveleader and giveteam make the required adjustments and you're ready to go!

Here are the terms I offered Ali_1882:

"Two conditions:

1) Duly credit my work where it's used.

2) Please include an appropriate statement (in the Read Me file, for instance) clearly indicating that I had nothing to do with the conversion and am not responsible for it in any way, including tech support. (I dislike having to ask, but I *really* don't have time now for misdirected "the mod won't load!" messages. I hope you understand in light of present commitments.)

If you can abide by those terms, you may proceed with my blessing. Godspeed!"

So if those are OK by you, Vaya con Dios!

Here are the terms I offered Ali_1882:
1) Duly credit my work where it's used.

2) Please include an appropriate statement (in the Read Me file, for instance) clearly indicating that I had nothing to do with the conversion and am not responsible for it in any way, including tech support. (I dislike having to ask, but I *really* don't have time now for misdirected "the mod won't load!" messages. I hope you understand in light of present commitments.)

If you can abide by those terms, you may proceed with my blessing. Godspeed!"

So if those are OK by you, Vaya con Dios!
Fully understandable. Agreed. It will be information included with the distribution and also on an informational popup event shortly after the scenario loads.
Will also agree to this--Comments that "It is tougher for the Confederacy on AOD than it was on HOI2" (which it almost certainly will be!) should also be directed to me.
Nomonhan

Last edited:
Fully understandable. Agreed. It will be information included with the distribution and also on an informational popup event shortly after the scenario loads.
Will also agree to this--Comments that "It is tougher for the Confederacy on AOD than it was on HOI2" (which it almost certainly will be!) should also be directed to me.
Nomonhan

Thank you, and Godspeed! Be sure to link us here when you're done.

Feel free to call the CA for HoI3 vaporware at this point, but until PI releases a working patch for SF (2.03 is a mess--worse than the beta version, even), I'm not wasting time modding for it. Apologies to all.

sry for not posting the AOD version, a virus destroyed all my files one day before i planned to post the AOD version >_> the files got corrupted and i had to format my computer

Last edited:
sry for not posting the AOD version, a virus destroyed all my files one day before i planned to post the AOD version >_> the files got corrupted and i had to format my computer

No worries--I'm most sorry to read of your misfortune, good sir!

i have a question, does your hoi3 simper fi version work on the regular hoi3 ? i got hoi3 already

i have a question, does your hoi3 simper fi version work on the regular hoi3 ? i got hoi3 already

There is no HoI3 version of the CA mod. Until PI gets a working patch done, there won't be.

I had an unexpected opening in my schedule, so (with PI's patch hotifx) I am hard at work on Deo Vindice, the HoI3 version of CA.

Great news: Thanks to Krazy19Karl, DV will incorporate the Magrathea map mod with its smooth state borders, *plus* Karl's adding the correct Confederate Arizona border to his mod, just for us!

Just loaded up HoI3 with Krazy19Karl's Confederate Arizona border--perfect and awesome!

If you're looking forward to the Deo Vindice mod, please send thanks Karl's way, and if you're playing HoI3, make sure you give his Magrathea mod a try:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=429060

Can't find the db changes you made in the surrender events. I would like to added them to a couple of mods (they use vanilla surrender events, which suck). Are they here???

If a mod is interested in using my events, I'd greatly appreciate being asked first.

Good to see you going for a HOI3 version of your mod. Has the new map put back the state borders that were missing in the original horrid map build of HOI3?

Oh and by the way, further to the leaders discovered for the HOI2 versions of your mod, as well as mine, I did quite a bit of internet searching on more leaders that would have been CS citizens in an ATL. The list probably has some that have been discovered already but it may be helpful to you if you want it? Where possible I managed to get info on their ranks, the date they acheived said ranks and how their experiences transfered into HOI2 style traits... I'll PM it to you if you are interested.

1) Good to see you going for a HOI3 version of your mod. Has the new map put back the state borders that were missing in the original horrid map build of HOI3?

2) Oh and by the way, further to the leaders discovered for the HOI2 versions of your mod, as well as mine, I did quite a bit of internet searching on more leaders that would have been CS citizens in an ATL. The list probably has some that have been discovered already but it may be helpful to you if you want it? Where possible I managed to get info on their ranks, the date they acheived said ranks and how their experiences transfered into HOI2 style traits... I'll PM it to you if you are interested.

1) Yes! The Magrathea map is *amazing*, and seeing the "proper" Confederate Arizona border was like a dream come true.

2) Yes again--would very much like to see that! I'm working on the new leader files build right now, in fact.

Thank you very much!

I just wanted to add them for my own play. I've been trying to get the AoD developers to finally them to their game like they said they would.

My apologies for misreading your post.

They're in the HoI2 and CSA event files, but those are mod-specific. I don't know what happened to the vanilla HoI versions I posted in the Armageddon patch thread.

First off, CSABadass, let me compliment you on the tremendous job you have done with this mod. I played as the Confederates my first go around (of course seeing as I'm from Texas).

I managed to conquer the US as a fascist CSA (slow steady policy sliders) as well as Africa, South America, and parts of Asia and the Middle East before I got bogged down in southern Russia against the Germans. Let me tell you, the German AI on this game is insane, reminds me of something human players do. Conquering the Russians in two swoops, using the Italian help to make an amphibious assault in the Caribbean, taking out Spain in 1944... with somewhere in the range of 1000 divisions, even after I had trapped hundreds of their divisions repeatedly with armored spearheads led by Patton and Hodges.

Unfortunately, the game ended in 1955 and would not go further. I tried playing as other factions, or changing settings and end-dates, but it would not advance past 1/1/55.

So I started as Nationalist China. Japan turned out to be no pushover either, and by the time I finally managed a peace settlement in 1944, they still had hundreds of divisions left. Now I'm in 1948, but limited in my expansion by nuke-happy allies. Everyone I DOW, even the Guangxi Clique, my allies nuke the hell out of them, leaving me no manpower, no IC, no infrastructure.

This leaves me with two questions.

1. Have you ever encountered this end-date problem? Is there something in the way I've played the CSA that has caused this?
2. Is there a way to disable nukes in the mod back to vanilla DD or DD:A so that the AI is not only randomly nuking German possessions in Finland or the Balkans, but also anything I declare war upon? It is a situation that leaves the technologically-deficient Nationalist Chinese in a bit of a pickle.

Thanks again for the mod by the way. It has expanded this game's playability after I've gotten sick of EU2, EU:Rome, HOI, and the earlier HOI2.

This leaves me with two questions.

1. Have you ever encountered this end-date problem? Is there something in the way I've played the CSA that has caused this?
2. Is there a way to disable nukes in the mod back to vanilla DD or DD:A so that the AI is not only randomly nuking German possessions in Finland or the Balkans, but also anything I declare war upon? It is a situation that leaves the technologically-deficient Nationalist Chinese in a bit of a pickle.

Thanks again for the mod by the way. It has expanded this game's playability after I've gotten sick of EU2, EU:Rome, HOI, and the earlier HOI2.

Thank you very much!

1) No.

2) Not sure what you want here. The AI doesn't build nukes at all in the vanilla game--that's easily done. Its choice of targets is what it is.