• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They have, I think. In my current DW game, I (Minamoto -> Japan) was the one to annex Ryukyu, and that was after I formed Japan, so they survived on their own until the 16th century just fine; in that game, Ming blobbed all the way to the Caspian Sea but didn't take Ryukyu. My other save games (Sweden 1446 and Hindustan 1550) show a pattern of Ryukyu surviving at least 50 years.

France can field an army stronger than anyone else in Europe... Ryukyu is pagan and can field about 2 regiments. France also has neighbors that are weak in the beginning, unlike Ryukyu, who starts with Ming, Manchu, Korea and Japan hungry nearby.
E: And the author of that AAR said that with the new infamy rules from the beta patch (which are also in DW), his accomplishment can no longer be done.

I don't know, I think that 400 years are more than enough for any country not immediately threatened to achieve world domination. Within 2 or 3 centuries would you not be able to make a small empire out of Ryukyu? Then the rest 100-200 years can be spent doing the conquering. I think that if ~30 years of play time are enough for Rev. France to almost achieve a WC (with the main limitation being the number of diplomats) with all its advantages, then I think that ~400 years are more than enough for Ryukyu to achieve a WC. The main problem being, of course, like all games with minors, the opening moves.

Well.
I tried it with the EASIEST settings available.
It's basically a matter of lucking out in the beginning.
Try to grab something off Khmer, hope for Okinawa to hold out long enough for Khmer's only fortress to fall.
Also hope that Khmer doesn't ally up with one of her neighbours, it always allied Lan Na when I tried (landlocked, no access to Khmer).
After that, well. You are at least able to put up a fight. Still needs a boatload of luck.

Does the achievement check for difficulty levels? I think WC as Ryukyu even on very easy would still be a massive achievement (and extremely boring, like any WC).

I know you can't mod the game files without losing achievements, but can you mod the save files? It seems like it would be pretty easy that way. Though not very interesting.

Savegames have their own checksum, somehow. I think even save-reloads are tracked, so you cannot "cheat" that way either.

Ayutthaya has a bunch of none fort provinces that are easy to grab at the start (if they get into a war), then you have a decent location next to Malacca. Running it now on Very Easy setting...let's see how "easy" it really is.

Savegames have their own checksum, somehow. I think even save-reloads are tracked, so you cannot "cheat" that way either.

Confirmed save-reloads are checked, even if you then resave as the new country. That game will always be flagged as a 'cheating' game.

Well I just tried Ryukyu these last few days, had quite some luck. Khmer got into wars with whole Indochina, so i went in and took Siem Riep~! by the first year, got Panduaranga, Udong and Rayong in 8 more years, then I pretty much waited for core to hit as my army was costing ALOT, inflation was needed.

Anyways, by the time my cores hit i got an Boundary dispute and also an "claim on our rivals(2 cores)" so took them fast and was already up at 7 core provinces by 1458. I was kinda hoping to play a game with boundary disputes and all, but its hard without being able to hire more than 1 diplomat at same time. Bad diplomacy kings just doesnt work when just having 16~ bordering provinces.

Anyways, normal settings(except no lucky nations and historic leaders) and stayed Pagan, got below 5 infamy and owns Mallaca COT, and another 15 provinces, time is 1500. Not really looking at an WC, just thought id share my story!

save-reloads are mandatory , i won't play the 422 years at once :D

BTW , i may try this one , but on very easy settings , like for the Napoleon one , if you must anex/vassalize Prussia , you'll need more than one war against them ...

save-reloads are mandatory , i won't play the 422 years at once :D

BTW , i may try this one , but on very easy settings , like for the Napoleon one , if you must anex/vassalize Prussia , you'll need more than one war against them ...

Napoleon-achievement was easy, play easy with no inflation, create a huge army within one year, attack Emperor on first day so that you face no alliances.
Keep Austria away, occupy every capital of every elector plus the capital of the Emperor, mission accomplished.

Napoleon-achievement was easy, play easy with no inflation, create a huge army within one year, attack Emperor on first day so that you face no alliances.
Keep Austria away, occupy every capital of every elector plus the capital of the Emperor, mission accomplished.

Do you need to turn inflation off for a game that lasts less than two years ? :)

Nope, but you want to raise an huge army asap.
And you want to finish sooner with a great army than the enemy.
Mint like hell the first year and raise troops like never before.

I see. How about CBs? I remember when I tried that I had no CB against Trier and Köln.

I agree, I have no idea how other people do it even with easier countries like England or France.
I did WC with IN as the theocracy of Aquilea :)
At the beginning of the game I just wanted to form Italy but it was going so well that I ended up owning most of Europe and the americas by late midgame. Then I thought, why not go for WC? So I just steamrolled my way to the east. Ended up owning every province in the world (incl. colonies)
I have to admit that it's not fun at all at a certain point, getting 10 (or more) rebel stacks popping up each month is really tiresome. Needless to say it was my first AND last WC :D The only thing that kept me going was "if I don't finish the WC all my efforts sofar have been for nothing" :)

WC as Ryukyu.. hmm. I think the only way it would be even slightly possible is with a great deal of luck (lucky religious conversion/inheritance) and abusing a bunch of gamey tactics.