• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes. I'm not sure if it involves also colonizing every province (so that every province is owned by you).
I'm pretty sure that you decide that. Some call a WC eradicating everyone else on the map, some call a WC colonizing every province, some call a WC colonizing every province and converting all the provinces to your religion etc.

That said, the proper game (after the surviving period), starts when you get your first core province somewhere else. That's already -50 years from the time you have for a WC..

Remember that you don't need to have a core on a province to get a boundary dispute core on a neighboring province. With luck you could have several cores in decades.

For example, recently I managed to get cores on the Gulf and Pacific coast around 1440 (not as Ryukyu mind you, but still :p)

I think it's doable, at least it was in HTTT. Ryukyu is westernisable, I know that much, since I managed it after being inspired by your AAR Tuore. Amazingly, I still have a screenshot as proof!

Ryukyu.png

This is the only picture I have left from my campaign, but as you can see I have a toe-hold in Europe and am successfully bashing Ming's head in. It's the 16th century, but I am a slower expander than many world conquerers. I DID use the bankruptcy/change religion tactic (obviously). In terms of what to do during those first 50 years waiting for cores, I used my vassals to fight wars for me and vassalised like hell until the bankruptcy wore off. Then I started taking land for myself. I also reloaded a lot, but that's understandable I think with Ryukyu.

I reckon once the first 50/100 years are done (where you expand primarily by using vassals and taking the occasional province), expand as quickly as possible without going over the infamy limit. Then for the last 100 years or so, when you have enough armies to deal with the rebellions, forget about infamy. I guess you'd also have to stay constantly at war since I believe when at peace you'd be hit with repeated stability hits which would make further war impossible. When at war you 'only' get hit by WE, so you'd be constantly dealing with rebels, but should have a large enough army by then to deal with it (unless you get utterly, utterly bored).

Nope. In a HTTT game I tried, I got into a PU with some medium-sized nation and used it to conquer a lot of stuff.

Are maldives capable of forming Hindustan? If they are, It's definiatly not impossible in DW, as you get an obscene ammount of cores for forming that, making fast conquest even easier..

Well guys, looks like this thread is a challenge. ;)

Your income will be less than 5 ducats a year and your forcelimit will be 3 or less. You can't conquer anything. You need cores.
A regular WC isn't impossible, you can stay under the BB limit as, say, France.
Low income and tiny forcelimits haven't stoped other OPMs, though. Granted, other OPMs are not islands and in Europe they tend to be surrounded by OPMs, but still. It's possible to expand as Riga, who only has one neighbour that is large and aggressive; Ryukyu has the advantage of not being threatened. WC, though, might be impossible.

And, I suspect a WC without going over the BB limit is no longer possible, because you can no longer have three BB advisors at the same time.

Low income and tiny forcelimits haven't stoped other OPMs, though. Granted, other OPMs are not islands and in Europe they tend to be surrounded by OPMs, but still. It's possible to expand as Riga, who only has one neighbour that is large and aggressive; Ryukyu has the advantage of not being threatened. WC, though, might be impossible.

And, I suspect a WC without going over the BB limit is no longer possible, because you can no longer have three BB advisors at the same time.

Ryukyu is usually attacked within the first five years either by Korea or Ming.

Hmm, haven't been paying attention to it too much. Maybe things have changed.

atleast ming cant attack because of their faction and i think they would need a couple of slider moves to get the right faction so it would take them 20years or more if they take the exactly right ones. Japan is busy internally these days and korea does not seem to do much.