• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Take Malacca, sell okinawa, go bankrupt, form Malaya (and become Muslim). Grab a province in Europe, release vassals, westernise. Regrab Malayan cores, go on a holy war conquering spree. Win. Will do an AAr if an official patch gets released (allowing for the achievement).

ps. Dont forget to take advantage of the colonial conquest CB's

Last edited:
Take Malacca, sell okinawa, go bankrupt, form Malaya (and become Muslim). Grab a province in Europe, release vassals, westernise. Regrab Malayan cores, go on a holy war conquering spree. Win. Will do an AAr if an official patch gets released (allowing for the achievement).

ps. Dont forget to take advantage of the colonial conquest CB's

You would have to move your capital manually (1000 gold) for you to be able to sell Okinawa. Also I don't believe you're allowed to form another country (if that's what you meant). If it was allowed I would definitely form HRE.

You can form Malacca in 50 years (you need a core on another land in order to place your capital there). Forming the HRE would cost you way more time, Badboy and effort better spent on Holy Wars elsewere.

You would have to move your capital manually (1000 gold) for you to be able to sell Okinawa. Also I don't believe you're allowed to form another country (if that's what you meant). If it was allowed I would definitely form HRE.

Not sure about forming other countries and achievements.
I would still prefer Malacca, since it is achievable in the first fifty years (before the tech difference becomes big enough to westernise)

Exactly. What I managed was taking Khorat (and only Khorat) and vassalising Khmer in my first war, then building up a few more vassals before taking Malacca or one of the other Sunni provinces on the Malaysian peninsular. Then declare war on Korea or Japan and DON'T invite your vassals. Korea/Japan (one of the daimyos) will be able to take Okinawa but not Khorat. Eventually they will take Okinawa in a peace deal (even though it's your capital, it's isolated so they can take it). Your capital will now be landlocked Khorat, allowing you to take a Sunni province on the Malaysian peninsular and repeat the same trick. Deliberately lose Khorat to a country which cannot reach your Sunni province.

In between these wars build up a lot of vassals, so that you'll be protected when you go bankrupt to become Sunni. You should be able to manage this within the first 50-60 years, enabling you to become Sunni (so you get holy war, as opposed to Buddhist, which doesn't get holy war) and more easily expand.

I would still prefer Malacca, since it is achievable in the first fifty years (before the tech difference becomes big enough to westernise)

The point here is really to do a WC as Ryukyu, not Malacca.

@OneEyedPhoenix: Reloading is IMO something that might be necessary at certain times. You're still awesome.

You can form Malacca in 50 years (you need a core on another land in order to place your capital there). Forming the HRE would cost you way more time, Badboy and effort better spent on Holy Wars elsewere.

Sure, but HRE would give you a third of the central european provinces without BB. Also, Catholicism gives you holy war CB on all all non-christian nations until 1650, which make expansion in the comparatively rich ottoman provinces cheap BB wise. Add to this that you can be fully westernized before 1500, you can get the substantial Catholic infamy reductions and you get to be Emperor for a long time and I would definitely say that HRE is a better deal.

@OneEyedPhoenix: Reloading is IMO something that might be necessary at certain times. You're still awesome.

Thank you. Credit to alexti for giving me the idea.

I'm pretty sure I saw something indicating that changing tags was not allowed for achievements. At least that seemed to be the theory or intent. Whether that was, indeed, the case, or whether it will be the case if there is ever an official patch is anyone's guess.

But frankly, it looks like DW is going the way of HttT - few official patches, but long stretches where players are expected/encouraged to use acceptable beta releases. Not a problem for me, achievements never really registered on my radar screen. But I hope I'm wrong, for the sake of those who like the achievement system, or otherwise can't/don't use betas.

I'm pretty sure I saw something indicating that changing tags was not allowed for achievements. At least that seemed to be the theory or intent. Whether that was, indeed, the case, or whether it will be the case if there is ever an official patch is anyone's guess.

Changing tags is okay. Someone formed the HRE as Poland and still got into space.

My Ryukyu in 1777. I would have finished if Japan wasn't bugged. That said I wouldn't have started if I had known it was :mad:

[attach removed]

One of the most boring games I've ever played. No cheats and about ten reloads.

When I have the patience I might go back to it and try force Japan to unify. Both Daimyos are on about -80 prestige :(

Last edited:

I'm quite sure that as long as you start as Ryukyu, it still counts.

Don't really have anything to add, there was some questioning of how long Ryukyu lasts earlier on in the thread, and they've survived up until 1720 in my current BYZ game.

Also, something is only impossible until somebody proves it otherwise. Keep at it!

You can form Malaya (not Malacca), but all it does is give you 5 or so cores you don't already have, so there's not much reason to do so.