• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm pretty sure DLC doesn't affect it, yeah. The numbers that the players end up seeing is definitely what should be used.
Doesn't it also depend upon Piety? That isn't particularly clear as far as I can see either.

Meneth, would it annoy you if I moved over the whole very-old-archive of user mods to the wiki? I can't have it for refernce on the new superlist, So I thought this would be the best place of putting it.

I think the page http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Mods is kind of duplicate of the archive ? Maybe not up-to-date though.

I think the page http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Mods is kind of duplicate of the archive ? Maybe not up-to-date though.
You are actually a wiki demi-mod too? Did not know that. :)

That page is similar to the archive that I moved over to the super-thread, basically, the very-old-archive are the mods prior to the Old Gods.

You are actually a wiki demi-mod too? Did not know that. :)

That page is similar to the archive that I moved over to the super-thread, basically, the very-old-archive are the mods prior to the Old Gods.
Feel free to update that page based on the the super-thread. You can move over the contents entirely if you want.

I am looking for a good, detailed explanation of how the character of special interest and message rules mechanics work.

Does anyone know where it is explained, especially for the latest version of the game?

Is there a wiki page? If so, what is the name of it?

I am looking for a good, detailed explanation of how the character of special interest and message rules mechanics work.

Does anyone know where it is explained, especially for the latest version of the game?

Such page does not exist (yet!).

I've created a basic page: http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Notifications
I don't know all the details (for instance how the "message rules" from the outliner interfere with the message settings ?!), so if anyone has some knowledge on this topic, feel free to expand the article !

Rejoice, the existing modding pages have been updated for Horse Lords / patch 2.4, in particular:
As for previous updates, this wouldn't have been possible without the fantastic work of @Jamie550 on the validator and all the people reporting false positives, in particular @richvh.
So cheers to them !

Also there's a new page about government modding (http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Government_modding), that recaps the info given so far.

Reactions:
Hi all,

I'm a fairly newish player, and just now getting around to trying to understand the game in-depth. One thing in particular I was looking to grasp better was combat tactics.

The Wiki page for this is helpful, but it contains a link to a super-thread that, while very helpful overall, I **think** contains some quite outdated info and philosophies/strategies of how to efficiently manage flanks for combat tactics. First, I'm wondering if that shouldn't maybe be indicated on the wiki page where the link is located - the thread ought to be attributed for being the source of much of the theory for the wiki page, but it should also be pointed out, perhaps, that the thread is also outdated and missing mechanics added in later patches.

I'm also wondering if a some updated information that takes into account all the new tactics that it seems to me have been added to the game since the thread linked above was written (Am I right about this? It looks like there are combat tactics now that DO include Light Infantry as eligibility requirements whereas the thread above says there are none - but I don't know enough to know when they were added) could be added to a "Strategies" section in the Combat Tactics page.

There is a "Strategies" section on the general Combat mechanics page, and Combat Tactics seem to be such a significant element in the outcome of a battle that I think a "Strategies" section is warranted on the Combat Tactics page as well.

>>>>> On a note less related to this particular forum:
I have questions regarding Combat Tactics and strategies that I'm hoping somebody could either help me with here, or direct me to where I SHOULD be asking these questions/finding answers:

>>>>> With the newer combat tactics that have been added, and the larger variety they add to the possibilities (and taking in view their "affinities"), is there any validity to the idea that, rather than trying to emphasize a single, OP tactic, it might be better to craft a flank with a more balanced approach to:
1. be able to counter one or two possible powerful tactics that your opponent might utilize
AND
2. be able to present at least 2 or 3 different tactics to reduce the chances your tactic will be countered?
I'm hoping this is the case, as I'm pretty sure it is Paradox's intention for the mechanics. It makes for a rather boring/unrealistic game if the English can just run around with flanks full of Archers only and domineer any army the meet. I'm hoping the information in that combat thread linked above is outdated enough to invalidate those strategies.

>>>>> Are Light Infantry more viable a troop option than the combat thread linked above seems to indicate? Do the newer combat tactics that require them/buff them give them more desirability for certain roles in a flank?

Thank you

(...) Are Light Infantry more viable a troop option than the combat thread linked above seems to indicate? Do the newer combat tactics that require them/buff them give them more desirability for certain roles in a flank?

My understanding is that they are uniquely good for skirmishing, which the rate at which they do so is dependent on the commander + battle roll. They come up in the early phases, but probably don't do enough to be worth singularly investing in.

Separately, does anyone know enough to update the thread on how the council mechanics work now? I can't seem to trigger a council vote no matter how hard I try. Council is enabled and even discontent, but the next vote in the chain is still greyed out for no good reason.

Love the wiki! So so helpful!

I was just wondering if someone could add a character to the interesting character guide for me? I would do it myself but I'm not familiar with the UI and simply don't want to muck it up. it would be much easier for someone familiar to do it I think

Love the wiki! So so helpful!

I was just wondering if someone could add a character to the interesting character guide for me? I would do it myself but I'm not familiar with the UI and simply don't want to muck it up. it would be much easier for someone familiar to do it I think

Don't worry, you can try to edit the corresponding section and someone will fix the formatting if there's any issue !

Hello, is there a page where I can see the comprehensive horse lords buildings list with all the bonuses etc?

Never too late, I've created the page http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Nomadic_capital :p

I typically love Wiki's, especially for games that have been out for years like CK2. I have found this one severely lacking in that information is either not complete or just not there which for a game this old (3 years?) is just lacking from player input unfortunately. There is a lot of good information, don't get me wrong, but there's just as much missing that should be there just in general gameplay information.

I typically love Wiki's, especially for games that have been out for years like CK2. I have found this one severely lacking in that information is either not complete or just not there which for a game this old (3 years?) is just lacking from player input unfortunately. There is a lot of good information, don't get me wrong, but there's just as much missing that should be there just in general gameplay information.

The age of a Paradox game is not really relevant, given how much changes with every patch :)

Can you be more precise on the type of content you feel is lacking ?

Well, the thing I just posted about was trying to figure out Laws. Trying to determine which type of law was best and how circumstances may affect that. And then how the entire Laws section ties in with each other; when you should try to change things, suggested orders, etc. Do I do Realm or Obligation first. How do I get laws approved (currently every law has been voted down by counsel (Conclave expansion). The list honestly goes on and on..lol.