• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, the thing I just posted about was trying to figure out Laws. Trying to determine which type of law was best and how circumstances may affect that. And then how the entire Laws section ties in with each other; when you should try to change things, suggested orders, etc. Do I do Realm or Obligation first. How do I get laws approved (currently every law has been voted down by counsel (Conclave expansion). The list honestly goes on and on..lol.

All these are, IMO, up to personal references. As for getting laws approved, you can request council support from councilors in exchange of a favor or you can buy a favor from them and use that to exchange for support.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I'm going to try to look at and explain EU4 converter modding: http://www.ckiiwiki.com/EU4_Converter_modding but it might need to be "wikified"a bit, as I'm not an expert on what terms and layout to use.

Awesome ! I don't own EU4 nor converter, so can't help much in that area.

In addition to files/folders structure, what could help is to explain the steps that need to be done for frequent use cases, for a mod to be "EU4 compatible" when it adds:
- a new religion/culture
- a new landed title
- a new province
etc.

In addition to files/folders structure, what could help is to explain the steps that need to be done for frequent use cases, when a mod adds:
- a new religion/culture
- a new landed title
- a new province
etc.
Well, by explaining the structure and format, that is what I intend on doing, but perhaps you are right that it might be good to be more clear on that front.

I have noticed a moddb link on the wiki. Given that modders are not allowed to use moddb (except for AGoT that was granted a special permission) here on the forums according to the rules, shouldn't those links be removed from the wiki too?

I have noticed a moddb link on the wiki. Given that modders are not allowed to use moddb (except for AGoT that was granted a special permission) here on the forums according to the rules, shouldn't those links be removed from the wiki too?

Well, Paradox rules for user mods do not directly apply on the wiki. The way I see it:
- If a mod is purely on ModDB, there's nothing preventing it today to have a wiki page with a link for that mod.
- If a mod is on ModDB and also on the forum and/or Steam Workshop, then the Paradox user mod rules are already broken... The link(s) on the wiki page would simply make this fact more obvious, but the wiki is not the root cause of the violation.

Well, Paradox rules for user mods do not directly apply on the wiki. The way I see it:
- If a mod is purely on ModDB, there's nothing preventing it today to have a wiki page with a link for that mod.
- If a mod is on ModDB and also on the forum and/or Steam Workshop, then the Paradox user mod rules are already broken... The link(s) on the wiki page would simply make this fact more obvious, but the wiki is not the root cause of the violation.

OK, I just thought I would mention it here, as here on the forums any non-approved ModDB links are to be reported and I was unsure on if those rules applied to the wiki.

Hey, I just got auto-blocked from editing the wiki for some reason. I was trying to fix some factual information on Yazidi beliefs on the Muslim page and the abuse filter kicked me, and because stupid wiki design is stupid I also can't post on any of the moderators' talk pages to get the block lifted.

Hey, I just got auto-blocked from editing the wiki for some reason. I was trying to fix some factual information on Yazidi beliefs on the Muslim page and the abuse filter kicked me, and because stupid wiki design is stupid I also can't post on any of the moderators' talk pages to get the block lifted.
Sorry about that.
You've been unblocked, and the false positive causing it has been eliminated.

Reactions:
Sorry about that.
You've been unblocked, and the false positive causing it has been eliminated.
Thank you very much. :cool:

If I were to add a step-by-step description of how to add a province, assembling advice and how-to from other places, would it be in a new page or on the already existing Map modding page?

If I were to add a step-by-step description of how to add a province, assembling advice and how-to from other places, would it be in a new page or on the already existing Map modding page?
Probably the map modding page. If it gets too big, it can be split off.

Reactions:
I'm wondering if the CK2 wiki's official rep or Pdox could reach out to Google to have them de-prioritize the wikia search result as its been very outdated and misinforming. I sometimes accidentally click it myself, my friend whos' new to the game was often confused when he's trying to search information to help himself.

I'm wondering if the CK2 wiki's official rep or Pdox could reach out to Google to have them de-prioritize the wikia search result as its been very outdated and misinforming. I sometimes accidentally click it myself, my friend whos' new to the game was often confused when he's trying to search information to help himself.

If you see something wrong, update the wiki.

If you see something wrong, update the wiki.

Why update the Wikia when the Wiki already has all the information? Why not just have Pdox/CK2Wiki ask Google to stop putting Wikia as top search result?

Reactions:
...Why not just have Pdox/CK2Wiki ask Google to stop putting Wikia as top search result?

Google results depend your own web behaviour as well.
Searching for CK2 + wiki in Google i get the wikia as third result, in Startpage as fifth, in DuckDuckGo as second, interesting.