• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
2 very major problems (show stoppers):
1. It's very hard to edit a line after creation - there's no real option (at least not intuitive/clear/indicated) to add a stop in the middle of the route - sometimes it happens automatically somehow that the stop you're setting is put in the right place, but if you want for instance to change the line's associated depot, you can't, but rather you have to remove all stops and assign them again, which leads to the second problem:

2. Other that knowing the numbers of all stops by heart, there's no way of determining an existing line's route! It should be highlighted among all the route arrows on the map, otherwise it just blends with them and can't be distinguished.

This game is not ready for release!

For #1, if all your doing is changing stops, just add them. It does a good job of putting things in the right order. One of the lines I created, I clicked the depot, clicked the first stop, then back to the depot and the line started running. After that, I just clicked on stops and the line grew properly. Depots are buggy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

#2, lines are shown by colour, and the one you are highlighting has a brighter colour. You can also turn off the display of other lines so you only see the current one. There are things that can be improved here though, such as automatically highlighting the current one brighter.

"All vehicles seem to have headlights on all the time."
This was a choice we made, that's how headlights have to be used in Finland. It's illegal to drive without your headlights on.
The game names Cities in Motion, not Helsinki in Motion, so I think it should follow most cities’ custom, turn off the headlights in day, and turn on the headlights in night or lack of lights in day. Green Earth

The game names Cities in Motion, not Helsinki in Motion, so I think it should follow most cities’ custom, turn off the headlights in day, and turn on the headlights in night or lack of lights in day. Green Earth

Here in Canada and the United States and in Chile and other places, headlights on in the daytime are mandatory - so I have no concerns with that anyway.

Daytime running lights are mandatory in Canada since 1990, Russia since 2010, and the entire European Union since 2011 (Scandinavians were the first to do it, before 1980, so it's no surprise that the devs consider it to be so normal). They are supposed to run at a much lower intensity than headlights though, and should barely be noticeable in daylight conditions.

In the EU the DRL are not mandatory unless it is a car manufactured from 2011 onwards. There is no retro fitting required. I am not sure whether they are mandatory in USA either, don't think so though.

The lights will stay on during the day. Safety first!

The lights will stay on during the day. Safety first!

It's all nice and safe until someone crashes due to always being blinded by lights. ;)

Talking of crashes, are there any plans to have collisions or other things which derail (hehe...) your perfect empire?

I can imagine road works happening on a street for a day and having to use a waypoint to divert the bus for the day.

I would appreciate that little flag to turn a line on and off. I really dislike, that I create the line, add all the stops and the first vehicle departs before I could set the timetable or tell the line what kind of vehicles (size) should be in service.

I still think it's great we may edit a line without stopping it though... more looking for that willing starting/stopping. And of course stopping would mean the vehicles on line would have to return to the depot - it's more like the depot would not release any more vehicles on the line and passengers would not count with that line while it is closed.

The Tutorial says you can make Busses, Trams etc. stay on their circuit if necessary rather than returning to the depot after every circuit by choosing the first stop again as last stop of the circuit (Page 5/18 of the Tutorial).
After adding the first stop as last stop again, i made my line return to the Depot to complete the line as described.
Now my question is, what's the determining factor for the game to decide whether it is necessary to send the vehicle on another circuit or to send it back to the Depot? I have vehicles leave the first station to start another circuit on a 10 Minute intervall, even though the Timetable is set to 1 hour intervalls, so i thought it's rather the number of Passengers that are waiting at the first stop who are the determining factor, but then again i sometimes have a few vehicles in a row return to the Depot even though there are plenty of Passengers waiting. Side effects: 1. Having more than one line using the same depot, one line uses too many vehicles because a few vehicles were allowed to leave in close succession rather than sticking to the Timetable. 2. Vehicles sometimes stay on circuit forever, not ever returning to the Depot for maintenance until the condition drops below 10%, making the vehicle "out of order", creeping over the streets in walking pace. All that even though there are spare Vehicles at 100% condition in the Depot at all times.

When is the pre-order DLC going to be released for purchase?

I want to buy Cities in Motion 2 but playing it without all the features is going to leave me with an icky feeling...

It's all nice and safe until someone crashes due to always being blinded by lights. ;)

Talking of crashes, are there any plans to have collisions or other things which derail (hehe...) your perfect empire?

I can imagine road works happening on a street for a day and having to use a waypoint to divert the bus for the day.

Have you ever driven a car?? The light wont blind u.

I found the tutorial annoyingly difficult despite (or perhaps because) of having been playing CiM1 a while: I know it's difficult to get this right especially with complex strategy games, everyone's focused on getting the game right for release etc, but if it ain't done well people will say "Hell, I can't make head or tail of this" and tell all their friends that. Paradox titles like EU and HoI also have this problem with in-game tutorials but they do make sure they have comprehensive manuals and sometimes even more comprehensive strategy guides available from the get go.

The second problem new players are going to face is the huge first map in the campaign - it's basically like falling off a cliff after the limited tutorial - "Where do I start?". It would have been better IMO to have a more detailed mini-scenario to work through first with some specific suggestions as to routes etc via the mission system. Also, IMO, specific details about game mechanics such as how to create a route, how to lay track etc are better dealt with as a series of short videos accessible from the main menu so you can first watch and then do, then watch again if you forget. Galactic Civilizations 2 had this and it worked really well.

Anyway, specifics on what I found annoying and difficult in the tutorial as is:

1. By the time you get to laying tram and metro tracks it's night time which makes it extra difficult to get the fiddly bits right (even if you noticed the option to brighten night time).
2. The ability to bulldoze errors on your first tram track appears to be switched off (although restored for the metro line)
3. It is almost impossible to see where you have and have not successfully laid tram tracks when you are zoomed out, leading to an almost inevitable unholy mess and total confusion.
4. There seem to be some finicky rules about connecting sections of tram track and these are not explained at all. When you select a section of double track only one side is highlighted. Most often when I tried to get the track to go round a corner I managed to connect the right track to the left which scuppered the attempt and meant I had to restart the tutorial (no save). The tutorial should explain why it works this way, what you must do to get a regular double track to turn a corner, and how you select individual sides for special purposes, a loop for example. It's too easy to get completely wrong.
5. I wasted a lot of time attempting to place a metro depot underground. The tutorial should explain you can't do this and suggest you put it on the edge of the city.
6. There is no mention at all in the tutorial about the page-up/page-down level control which is necessary to know to build a metro in the tutorial. I found it eventually in the manual after much confusion and another restart (Grrrr).
7. The one-click propose extend line, another click propose extend it further, double-click actually build it (and pay the money) mechanism is not obvious and should be explained.
8. It is not explained that you have to have either a loop or a second depot to turn metro trains around. This is totally counter-intuitive as IRL all metro trains AFAIK can be driven from both ends. That's what happens on the London Underground anyway. More frustration and another restart (double Grrrr)
9. The final frustration, having established you had to make a loop to get your metro train to return to base and therefore establish a line, was getting the track to loop round and merge with itself. I tried this for ages trying to figure out why it wouldn't do it. I burned 200m in loans trashing the track and rebuilding it in various ways to no effect. I got really, really fed up with that red line that told me "Sorry, mate, no can do(ha ha ha)". Eventually I hit on the idea of trying to make a small spar off the target for the merge which to my amazement it let me do, and then to my relief it let me join loop end onto that. If this is some sort of bug IMO it needs fixing licketyspit, or if not the exact instructions for doing this need to spelled out in the tutorial in terms that idiots like me can understand.

To the LIGHTS topic - only problem I have with Cim2 all day lights is that in day they are visible on street - that is not real. At day you see only the light "bulb"/glass bright, nothing more.

There is a green dot at the top of the line window, if you press that so it goes red when you first set up the line and timetable they wont set off until you press it again back to green.
Is that green dot also on the list of lines in the main GUI? If not I think it ought to be - saves the player having to open/close multiple windows when they want to start/stop several lines at once!

Is that green dot also on the list of lines in the main GUI? If not I think it ought to be - saves the player having to open/close multiple windows when they want to start/stop several lines at once!

I don't think it is, they way I have had to do it is having to open the separate windows when I have start/stopped the different lines.

Daytime running lights are mandatory in Canada since 1990, Russia since 2010, and the entire European Union since 2011 (Scandinavians were the first to do it, before 1980, so it's no surprise that the devs consider it to be so normal). They are supposed to run at a much lower intensity than headlights though, and should barely be noticeable in daylight conditions.

In Germany (EU member) it's NOT mandatory to turn on the headlights!
I would prefer an on/off option ingame.

If a pedestrian area is connected to a street than there is a traffic light - nonsense!
I miss the possibility to send a vehicle immediately to the depot. And I miss also the possibility for "Einsatzwagen", an extra vehicle if there are too many passengers.

There's a bug at the first mission of the campaign when I got the task to cover 15% of the town, and I covered 20% it showed me that only 20% of the task is completed. Does this mean that I have to cover 100% to complete the very first task of the game?