• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Feedback

Malurous, CivandEUIII: If I had a moralist government, you could imagine inspectors going into factories and making sure that they didn't drink what they made... Yes, I'm glad the atheists are in power.

CivandEUIII: I don't think the Czechs and Austrians have made up yet. Czechoslovakia will probably take another chunk out of Austria when the truce runs out... They have claims on a bit of Magdeburg which Austria owns, and I'll MAKE them take Bosnia to clean up borders :mad:

Dewirix: Italy doesn't have the Restoration of Order CB on Venice. They only have claims on those parts of Venetian Africa which had Italian culture in EU3... which is only a few provinces spread throughout their African holdings (where the capital is).

Anyway, I've fixed the Geneva Convention problem. But I've hit on a new one...

Normally I use an Apple "magic mouse" with my Mac. However, it recently ran out of power and I don't have any more batteries... at all. I've got a reserve mouse but that doesn't have a mousewheel, meaning I can't zoom in and out, or take pictures unless you want all my desktop too. So you'll have to wait until the weekend when I'm able to get some more batteries. :eek:o.

Shaybanid
Chapter 16

Two completely unrelated goings-on. France continues to expand its SE Asian holdings while Venice gets off with White Peace. I'm not going to attack Manchu yet.

Yeah, I haven't started the next tech. It doesn't matter.

Random event giving me 20% liberals in the UH allows me to enact my (probably) final political reform.

At this point, as I have already said, the Geneva Convention event fires and crashes the game to desktop. So I've fiddled with the savegame to fool V2 into thinking it's already been (when it hasn't).

Time for another world war - WW5. Begun 5 Aug, 1866 when Austria invaded Italy. They then intervened against Bavaria.

Austria keeps flipping between number eight and nine. I hope they stay at eight for a short amount of time - German pan-nationalists are occupying Bremen, in the Austrian sphere. If they enforce their demands they may ask Austria to form Germany - but if Austria falls to a secondary power before then, it won't happen.

I decide to aid Austria just to keep them afloat until they elect to form Germany.

You see that little icon with the tick on on my politics screen? I can choose to enact the Geneva Convention now (doesn't cause a crash, have tested), but I have decided not to because it restricts my military spending. Which I want as high as possible to encourage soldiers.

The pan-nats took control of Bremen on Dec 5, and since Austria hasn't done anything yet, I've cancelled my tribute. Besides, Italy's winning.

Czechoslovakia gave me an alliance. I took it. Hopefully we'll see Austria properly pounded by both neighbouring GPs (and that Bosnia's annexed to Czechoslovakia to fix that awful border).

shay158.jpg

Austria lost its GP status in August (to the USA), but managed to get away with a WP from all concerned. Italy didn't demand any more territory, even though it had claims on all of Italia Irredenta.

shay159.jpg

After a short period of peace, Czechoslovakia declares war on Austria to continue WW5. It claims "Austrian Magdeburg", that bit up near Berlin with Czech core on.

shay160.jpg

The "Radical" party's leader was a bit confused. He got a coalition when he had all of Parliament's seats.

With 40,000 saved up research points, it can't hurt to go with Army Decision Making.

World War 5 concluded on 4 Dec 1868, with a Czechoslovak victory.

Interesting. Lithuanian rebels in Shaybanid provinces.

With the beginning of 1870, I can use all those stored research points to research Machine Guns in just two weeks (you can invest a maximum of 1000 per day.)

This allows me to colonise…. well, anywhere.

So I do.

Assuming these all go to plan, it will connect up all my African holdings.

However, the Hansa managed to grab a province in Africa in the early 1800s. This presents an irritation.

So I will spend 10 infamy, putting it up to 21.8, to gain these two provinces.

Czechoslovakia aid me, nice of them - while Venice, their sphere leader, leaves them to die. This means that when I come to attack Manchukuo for Mongolia, Venice probably won't intervene. Useful knowledge.

How will the war go? Find out when I play it and put it in the next update.

Viewcount: 6,253

Did you realize you aren't using any of your NFs? Otherwise, another interesting update.

EDIT: Ah, never mind. Saw in the last two screenshots you'd used them.

Ah, that's some beautiful colonization potential - time for a proper land grab! :D

It would be nice to see Germany form; shame Austria seem to be doing their best to squander their chances.

Not sure why Italy didn't go for their cores either. The AI usually has a fairly good idea when it's going to win and goes for the kill. Maybe your funding of Austria did enough to tip the balance.

Feedback

Avindian: That's what I have been saving them up for, right from the beginning. Hopefully I'll get the lion's share of Africa - I aim to do that every game. Even as countries like Java or Peru...

Malurous: Yes. I timed it as well as I could, by saving up the research points, then spamming colonies all over the place. Instead of my usual tactics to cut other nations off from the empty bits for colonisation, this game I intend to expand as organically as possible - how they would have done so back in 1870.

Dewirix: They've had two crown in the gutter events by now, I think, and rejected them both. Hopefully when I convert it to HOI there'll be an option to merge all the German minors into one state, as there is for EU3 -> V2.

Shaybanid
Chapter 17

Having some problems with money, because LF prohibits taxing anyone >50%. So I switch to the interventionists, which will allow me to tax my peasants in the way they should be.

This allows me to put up my admin slider to fund bureaucrats. My military and education sliders need to stay as high as possible.

Here's the mini-war. I don't think I'll do any more fighting, unless Tripoli The Hansa desperately wants to kill itself. I will count on Czechoslovakia to clean up in Europe.

Hmmm… what's that you say? I forgot to take a screenshot?

Here. They finally surrendered, after Czechoslovakia got the warscore up to 17%.

The conquered territories are chock full of Germans.

Italy built the Panama Canal on June 1, 1871.

On the 25th Italy and Venice go to war over Ethiopia.

I gain an extra NF and put it to work colonising Africa.

The screenshot didn't come out well but this is a CB on Russia. Probably because the game noticed my borders were wonky.

So.

Russia.

There. I've gone for Russia's easternmost state in its isolated bit, Kazan.

France surrenders immediately. Good to know this is going historically.

Britain joins in on the Czecho-Shaybanidi side, to reconquer Edinburgh.

With British, Russian, and Czech holdings liberally sprinkled around the world, this begins World War 6.

In 1871…

The US joins in on Jan. 25.

I'm taking many fewer casualties than I was against Lithuania. I have been religiously researching Tactics tech.

This was when attacking in a forest with no general, so it's not as bad as it looks ^^

This is what happens when I use my NF properly.

Also, my clergyman percentage is right on: 2.01% (2% optimal).

I'll leave you here in the middle of the sixth world war, which isn't a war as such, just a pile on Russia.

Venice has lost its GP status to Austria, who's about to lose it back to Venice. Pan-nationalists are going crazy in Germany. I can see about three countries occupied by them.

Viewcount: 6,418

Wow, nice to see that your technological improvements are paying dividends.

Russia sure seems to be on the wrong side of a pretty nasty dogpile.

France surrenders immediately. Good to know this is going historically.

I suppose this dig is an invitation to make fun of your geographic location in some form? ;)

That Russian war should be nice and bloody; I'm looking forward to it!

Feedback

Malurous: Not French! I'm not French!

Avindian: It was actually strangely subdued; I expected more. They surrendered before I had the chance to really destroy them.

The Seventh World War will likely contain much more violence and blood.

Dewirix: As for clergy, I'd rather spend my NF on colonisation. Other nations haven't started yet, so I thought I'd eat Africa while I had the chance.

Gorluck: Nice to have you along! That puts readership up to

six. I think. ;)

Shaybanid
Chapter 18

Where was I?…Oh yes, I invaded Russia. What a good idea. Worked for Hitler and Napoleon (;))

… but these are the children of Genghis Khan.

I don't know which technology to go for next, so I'll pick it later. You can see the war's progress.

Here's how much of Russia is occupied when they are willing to surrender - 47% warscore for 28%-worth of territory! - at which point I offer them peace.

They take it, obviously, which leads to the Shaybanid western frontier looking like this.

I am the first nation to drop out of the sixth world war. Czechoslovakia had to go along with it, being in the same war as me, but the Brits and Americans are still at war.

The Sixth World War finished March 2, 1874, when the United States of America annexed New York.

Mughal colonial empire continues to grow, with barely any competition (merely the Czechs in Senegal)

This made me laugh.

African colonisation continues in earnest.

The Seventh World War begins (Feb 24) - Czechoslovakia invades Austria, to take Bosnia (phew it will fix the borders ^^); they haven't called me in.

The UK intervened on Feb 25.

Lithuania leaves the Czechoslovak sphere of influence, and the Czechs attack them. They call me in, so now I am in WW7. Yay.

Infamy is 14.4 - I could demand a region from the Lithuanians, but since Czechoslovakia is war-leader, they'd probably screw me at the negotiating table.

Well, that isn't true any more. I've taken over leadership of the Lithuanian front of the Seventh World War.

I'll fight it later. I don't want to slog through another 200,000 Lithuanians right now.

Viewcount: 6,750

Hmm, seems that the whole "land war in Russia" concept only works if they're attacked from the west... ;)

I don't want to slog through another 200,000 Lithuanians right now.

Wow, I can feel your concern for all the horrors of war from here! :D

Hmm, seems that the whole "land war in Russia" concept only works if they're attacked from the west...

It's actually the "March on Moscow" concept, and yes, it only works from attacking through the west. If you hit from the North, South or East, it's perfectly sane. ;)

Feedback

Malurous, Prince of Savoy: It's true. Can you think of anyone who invaded Russia from the west, and succeeded? Meanwhile Attila the Hun and Genghis Khan won from the east.

I can't think of anyone who invaded Russia from the north, though. Perhaps an army of walruses are mobilising and are going to attack? :ninja:

Shaybanid
Chapter 19

The Seventh World War

Here are my initial lines of attack against Lithuania. With more territory in the north now, partly thanks to WW4, I have more soldiers there.

They haven't moved back since then, because I haven't needed them to.

It's military technology time! These were both done on my saved-up research points, of which I still have 30,000 left.

Munching through Lithuanian troops far more easily than in the last war, probably due to improved tech. You can see, though, that the fact that all their soldiers have "red" morale (?) helps.

More countries join World War 7 - Italy declares for her cores in Venetia (actually predominantly German-inhabited…) and brings in Colombia and Spain.

At this point, I had a thought. Why am I fighting this war? I don't have any wargoals added.

So. No war for me.

I didn't have any claims on them; and my infamy is 14. I have better things to do with it.

Also, Venice declared war on Austria on Aug 12.

I noticed the wars were taking their toll on my economy - this was with 100% taxes on everyone - EVERYONE - so I went for some techs to increase my money. Took me a couple of goes to find the right tech, though. Silly me.

With my finances fixed, I don't need to have such high taxes or tariffs, so I have reduced them.

I've been trying to anger my POPs, as I want a decent rebellion soon; imagine my joy when I saw that they had passed the ten million mark, with national militancy over 2.

The Seventh World War concludes in August 1879 with a white peace from all concerned. Italy white-peaced, then switched sides, and Czechoslovakia surrendered.

China is smashing the Manchus.

More colonisation and still no competition.

I've gone for my final reform, probably - a voting reform. This will also help me determine which party my populace vote for, rather than one party getting 100%. Of course, it may end up with me having to switch parties a lot.

This has been enabled by my high militancy. All my fault.

Went for a few techs at once; literacy hits 30%.

:evil grin:

Viewcount: 7,064

I see a country in Korea, is that a country or an enclave?

hm.... Acid or fire?