• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Your World Wars have a nasty tendency of ending with a return to status quo. :D

Manchukuo is a bit funny looking on the map, let's see how you reshape it.

Can you think of anyone who invaded Russia from the west, and succeeded? Meanwhile Attila the Hun and Genghis Khan won from the east.

I think I see the reasoning behind our timeline's Russia's push for the Pacific: they wanted to make sure there's no-one east of them!

Your World Wars have a nasty tendency of ending with a return to status quo. :D

Manchukuo is a bit funny looking on the map, let's see how you reshape it.

I think I see the reasoning behind our timeline's Russia's push for the Pacific: they wanted to make sure there's no-one east of them!
then they went to Alaska just to be on the safe side.

Feedback

Malurous: Manchukuo has been chomped on by my military forces, and I have taken what I want. China is likely to completely eat them now, though.

Also, you've reminded me that Japan beat Russia in the Russo-Japanese war (in which they attacked from the east), in which they took Sakhalin (Karafuto). In this game it's a British possession along with Hokkaido.

CivandEUIII: They've since sold it to America. Now the only thing east of them is the Bering Strait (America's west, okay?)

Shaybanid
Chapter 20

Here's me attacking some positions in Manchu Africa. It seems I have the advantage in numbers, hehe.

Manchuria itself seems to have no soldiers whatsoever, as the Chinese killed them all.

Some proper election results, and my Norwegian allies (my three allies, Norway, Czechoslovakia, and Crete all heeded my call to arms) help out in Manchu Sudan.

Here're the regions in Manchuria. I'm currently fighting for the liberation of Mongolia, upon which I have a core. I can't demand Inner Mongolia - it's their capital, Ningxia province alone isn't worth 4 infamy, demanding Aigun (big region in Manchuria) would make the borders ugly, and I don't want HaIshenwai (Vladivostok), as that would make the borders too much like the modern day. Besides, I like the Amur River as a natural frontier.

Korea would be inconvenient, so I will demand some regions in Manchu Africa.

Infamy is 9 so I can demand up to four concessions.

That's all their soldiers in Africa killed. They have one brigade left.

Having made all my demands I noticed this… Oops.

shay205.jpg

shay206.jpg

Fortunately Manchu surrendered. How nice of them.

…I… I hate Norway.

Infamy is 24.94 - just below the limit. I don't want anything from Venice, and they have the Czechs and the Swedes, their puppet, on their side. I hereby decline.

More of Africa is claimed for the Mughal empire; still no competition.

Up to this point I had been getting the "botanical expedition" events in which they were to one of my provinces, and had two options - send it or not. Sending it caused it to crash, as I have reported in the converter's thread. Not doing so did not. However, I got the event in which it was in a Venetian province, and the game crashed before I could choose an option. I have edited the savegame again to fix it.

Ah. Civilised China. Probably not good for my health.

The colonisation race concludes and I win. Venice did nothing at all. That last bit has Czechoslovakia 90% there.

I'm using my remaining NFs on the Siberian provinces. I'm a little irritated at Venice's horrendous borders.

I've never seen this event before - probably due to not having played the UK or Transvaal. 300% immigrant attraction means the population in that province will probably quadruple or something.

I'll leave it here with two landmarks passed almost coincidentally - 20 million anarcho-liberal rebels, and 2,000 brigades. (meaning they outnumber me by more than three to one)

Viewcount: 7,268

That was certainly eventful. :) Good to see the great success of your African program.

lol at liberia :p

Nice progress as always, although I think the penalty for breaking alliances in Vicky 2 is much too light; it's not like a hit to prestige matters very much.

Nice progress as always, although I think the penalty for breaking alliances in Vicky 2 is much too light; it's not like a hit to prestige matters very much.

well it was a time where everyone was backstabbing each other so why put a massive penalty?

The Manchu troops in Africa didn't have much of a chance did they? And going over the infamy limit? Scandalous! :)

As I understand it A House Divided will be restructuring prestige penalties to make them relative to the total amount rather than being a flat rate. You can always just honour the alliance and then do nothing when you're as big as this.

Feedback

Malurous: I always aim to get Africa. While I like having lots of new subjects, I'm slightly irritated at Venice who neither connected Egypt with their other land nor fixed the borders in Mauritania/Algeria. That Venetian island in Czech territory will irritate me until the end of the game.

CivandEUIII: That would be Mali; the Hansa/Tripoli has taken a chunk out of them since the conversion.

Avindian: Had this happened historically I'm not sure there's much the other states of the world could have done about my dishonourable refusing to aid Snoreway.

Dewirix: Manchu didn't have many troops in Africa anyway, but China helped me out by completely squashing Manchuria first (they had to white peace as Venice intervened, :(). I don't intend to go over the infamy limit any more; world conquests are boring, I probably can't accomplish one, and if I convert it to HOI3 when the converter's done it won't be much fun. I need to nurture Czechoslovakia, Italy and try and unify Germany so I can have some fearsome enemies for World War 14.

I don't care whether I have any prestige at all, because I'm number one by far and away on industry, with a total score of more than twice that of France, #2.

HMAS-Nameless: Here, have it now. There won't be an update in all probability until near the end of the week. I've also got some stuff to do for the V2 modern day scenario.

I started 8.2% Uzbek and 2.2% Tatar, my accepted culture, now some people have assimilated.

Culture:

Uzbek 18.8%
Beifaren (Han Chinese): 11.8%
Tatar 9.1%
Bengali 8.1%
Kanauji 4.8%
Marathi 4.8%
Punjabi 4%
Avadhi 3.7%
Telugu 3.5%
Tamil 2.8%
Russian 2.4%
Gujarati 2.2%
Bihari 2%
Pashtun 1.7%
Rajput 1.7%
African 1.4%
Kannada 1.4%
Mongol 1.3%
Assamese 1.2%
Kashmiri 1.1%

Others: 12.3%

The other two religions are Orthodox, 1.7%, and Shia Islam, 1.2%.

Last edited:
Shaybanid
Chapter 21

This update begins with the re-establishment of the Spanish Empire in North America.

This event came as a bit of a surprise to me. Despite the country being the number one producer of multiple types of booze, there shouldn't be people getting drunk in a Sunni Muslim country.

That's the end of the colonisation this game. At least I didn't get some tiny European country stealing a part of Siberia.

I had over 100,000 research points saved up, so I thought I'd get a few techs.

(still have over 30k left!)

Aggh! Horrible borders!

I was hoping this event would be communism invented - but no, anarcho-liberals. Considering there have been multiple bourgeois dictatorships so far, they're just a little late.

More research. Technology is fun.

shay223.jpg

Tensions in Tibet. This chapter has been going for twelve years so far and nothing much has happened, so:

shay224.jpg

I declare war. Tibet's in China's sphere (I want to attack China soonish), but don't help them. My allies (Crete, Czechoslovakia and Portugal) wimp out except for two-province Ukraine.

Tibet was barely able to defend itself and capitulated very shortly.

THis brings me neatly to almost 1900 AD.

Viewcount: 7,817

Am I the only person who finds it weird that in over 300 years of game time, you've never really gone into Persia? When I read the EU3 AAR is was like 'he'll total Persia before the centiury is out!' :D
he will...
just a different century :p

This RP saving mechanic is a little bit silly... :D

Am I the only person who finds it weird that in over 300 years of game time, you've never really gone into Persia? When I read the EU3 AAR is was like 'he'll total Persia before the centiury is out!' :D

Heh, that is pretty fun considering the starting location. :p

Feedback

mayorqw: For a long time as Shaybanid, Persia was huge and had a much larger army than I did. Even after I became the Mughal empire, they were far ahead on tech. It's only recently that the Lithuanians, British and Ottomans have been taking chunks out of them.

CivandEUIII: Even though it's now the 20th century I haven't had much against Persia. There are more populous - and therefore more strategically useful - states that I can take. Besides, to take on Persia would require me to spend 4 infamy on Herat province just to make the borders pretty, before taking anything more useful like Birjand region, the large one in the north-east.

Malurous: I do that in a lot of games. Since I go for the RP techs first I get massive amounts of them, and on doing the important ones (tactics, supply limit & tax) I have nothing left that is urgent, so I save them for a rainy day, or when the next breakpoint is (1900, 1870, etc).

Dewirix: They're not quite the majority - but they are the plurality. However, after having done what I did in the incoming update, they probably won't be so dominant.

Shaybanid
Chapter 22

This AAR is back! I'll begin with a quick tech research:

I haven't got any saved up now.

One barely ever sees rebellions succeed in V2, so I thought I'd put this screenshot up. It may be something to do with the fact Spain has four (4) brigades.

Switched to the Radicals as I forgot why I had the nationalists in power. I wanted Laissez-Faire for the capitalists...

Then I remembered why I had the nationalists in power - they could take more in tax. Look at my budget graph.. Awful.

I hate LF, as I can't take more than 50% tax under it.

I researched some banky techs to try and mitigate the disastrous choice of policy, and managed to get back into the black.

Anyway, with the advent of 1907 and infamy having fallen below 5…:

With 3,277 brigades to their 413, I probably won't need to mobilise. Let the war begin.

However, China has a rather large population. After they mobilise, they outnumber me on brigades. Ouch.

France, an ally of mine, joined in. A Great Power heeding your call to arms is about as common in V2 as Huron being the HRE in EU3.

*counting on fingers*
*head scratching*

I make this World War Eight.

The war begins with huge bloodbaths in China. You may be able to see, in Shangzhou, three million Chinese soldiers.

shay234.jpg

There were so many soldiers in this battle it broke the display.

shay235.jpg

And, finally, my beloved Communists have been founded, and are organising a vanguard to take down the government already. Heh.

Ever seen a battle with this much warscore in V2? I just wish there was no cap at 25%, otherwise I would have about 300%.

Revolution in Canada.

shay237.jpg

I'm surrounding the Chinese stacks and beating them, to annihilate them. This nets me massive amounts of warscore, as in the previous picture.

I added a wargoal for Shanxi, the most populous state I border. I have only managed to occupy northern China where there were few soldiers, while the rest is still fighting huge stacks.

Here's the Russian Revolution of 1908. Lithuania immediately declares war.

First Chinese stack swiftly crushed.

Second stack crushed, and I may have set a record for most warscore from one battle.

shay242.jpg

With China almost completely partitioned between the attacking powers, and its allies surrendering, China is willing to accept peace on my terms.

shay243.jpg

And here's what the Mughal empire looks like post-expansion into China.

Viewcount: 8,859

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also:

1,000 posts!

Last edited:
Yay, it's back!

Also, you seem to have mixed up the last two pictures.