• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is to some folks. They've paid their coin for this product so let them enjoy it how they wish. :p

I have put about 1000 hours into this game by now. When you've played it that much, cheats are pretty much required to keep it fresh.

One of the first things I usually do now is use the play command to grant independence to the Mamuluks/Varangians/Ghilams/ect. Especially the Mamuluks. The game is quite a bit more fun with these ultra-powered free-mercs gone, even if it's not ZOMG HISTORIKULL!!! I will also usually play as the HRE and grant independence to all of Italy.

Last edited:
I have put about 1000 hours into this game by now. When you've played it that much, cheats are pretty much required to keep it fresh.

One of the first things I usually do now is use the play command to grant independence to the Mamuluks/Varangians/Ghilams/ect. Especially the Mamuluks. The game is quite a bit more fun with these ultra-powered free-mercs gone, even if it's not ZOMG HISTORIKULL!!! I will also usually play as the HRE and grant independence to all of Italy.

I like starting as a county in the HRE and warring my way into the king/queen of Germany. At this point, I don't have a single ruler who hasn't been a truce breaker for at least fifteen years.

How about the 'events' folder ? :p

Oh yeah right... /sarkasm...

My problem was, that i diddn't know in wich folder steam installed games. thankfully someone from here helped me, no not you. :p

Another question:

Did somebody know why i can't manual fire events like TOG.667 or similar one's? Or better sayed, when i fire them (all conditions fitting) it fires but diddn't work?
Seems strange.

I'm trying to edit a Matrilineal Marriage into my save file;

Code:
	1000267096=
		{
			birth_name="Dianna"
			female=yes
			birth_date="851.1.1"
			spouse=100001617
			diplo_1000267096= 
			{
				100001617=
				{
			succession=yes
				}
			}

This is how it looks in my savegame. I've placed the same after 'diplo in the spouses data.

It's not working, I load the save and it reads 'Normal Marriage'

What am I doing wrong?

Is there a console command to pass laws immediately? I tried 'validate_laws [char_ID]' but it doesn't do anything.

You can edit your savefile. I suppose you want to change crown authority.

Go to your primary title and change "centralization" to the number you want. 0 = Autonomous vassals, 4 = Absolute CA. You can change other laws just as easily in the savefile.

As for being "allowed" to change laws (making greyed out options viable), just type allow_laws and then retype it when you want the permanent viability of all laws to stop.

I will also usually play as the HRE and grant independence to all of Italy.

I almost always do that as well!

I can't find a cheat for spreading religion, or maybe a debug tooltip that shows province id.

I can't find a cheat for spreading religion, or maybe a debug tooltip that shows province id.

On religion
event 900 = converts any province where your leader is stationed to your religion , note that you can convert any province by appointing your leader general of an army and then moving that army to the province you want to convert.
Or you can add your court chaplains ID at the end and put him in a province and it will have the same effect.

Province id ? The ids'are by title.

edit: I mixed up title-id and province-id.

Last edited:
On religion

Province id ? The ids'are by title.

There are ID's by number and by title.

To spread culture and religion faster I need the ID's, I'm making a custom scenario to experiment.

Also, it is faster to use ID's instead of generals for religion, and I want to have everything ready before I put play.

EDIT: Also it would be very useful if I could find a save editor for CK2 that works. I would really appreciate it.

There are ID's by number and by title.

To spread culture and religion faster I need the ID's, I'm making a custom scenario to experiment.

edit: Hmm....seems we had a misunderstanding here. OOOps.
Sorry, i focused on your first mentioned religious conversion. 'twas slightly confusing.

Provinces/counties and their respective (ID) number (to find them in the save file for example) are listed in "history/provinces/..".
This number is the one you also need for the culture conversion event.

I'm not aware of a religious conversion cheat that needs the ID, but you can edit the save file with the province number (search for '99=' or 'name="Évreux" ' as an example).
Editing the save file is probably quicker anyway, but this thread is for cheats, not for modding.

edit: Only for culture conversion:
event 55000 <Province-ID#> = turns province into province holders culture. (After 1.06)
------------
Also, it is faster to use ID's instead of generals for religion, and I want to have everything ready before I put play.

? You just raise a levy in the county, install yourself as general, push the up-arrow in the console to get the "event 900" again and done.
Rinse and repeat.

I'd like to know a quicker way, but i don't think there is one.

EDIT: Also it would be very useful if I could find a save editor for CK2 that works. I would really appreciate it.

Use notepad++. It's free.
http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.5.4.html

PS: I also was reading posts about the Ukraine crisis and realising i just missed an episode of Big Bang Theory on tv.
Life can be tough. :happy:

PS: ..and i obviously mixed up title-ID and province-ID in my attempt to remember my cheat games.
Ahh, it's all the same. :wacko:

Last edited:
is there a console event to have the 2 iberian holy orders have an "official" creation? coz i don't like it that they are leaderles and can't land them...

also is there a console command/cheat that would allow you to instantly build a building?

Last edited: