• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Miikhali: Sure. I won't mod this further until 1.3 but I can make them when the time comes. Any help you can give is welcome.

@Shepard: I did nothing with German AI and actually I have seen then win only once in all my games in DH. Every time I play this game German AI loses mod or not.

@Shepard: I did nothing with German AI and actually I have seen then win only once in all my games in DH. Every time I play this game German AI loses mod or not.

Yeah, I was really surprised aswell, normally the german AI would be good til aroud 1942 and then crumble beneath the russkies and get owned in the west by the brits for not guarding their coast

Have you thought of any events for 1.03 releases? I wish i could help but my skills as a modder are extremely minimal :( i can try and do research or think of events if it helps...

Nothing particular, whatever comes to my mind. One event that will be is Italy ceding territory to Allied Byzantium when they lose. Main focus will be adding Miikhali's suggestions.

If you join the Axis as Byzantium and manage to beat the russians I want a reworked peace treaty so that you get some territory, maybe the caucasus area? http://eurodialogue.org/files/fckeditor_files/caucusus-ethnic.jpg or maybe even some parts of Ukraine, Crime peninsula, Black sea= roman? And maybe in the west, if you join before the french invasion, the peace treaty gives you Vichy France for starter? And that causes the tension to rise between spain and byzantium escalating into war= conquest of Spain

I dont think Germany would just hand over vichy france...

I intend to keep this as realistic as possible. The French would never, ever accept rule by what they see as "Greeks". Romans last time ruled France 1600 years ago, it's way too long to place legitimate claims. Even south Italy, which will be included, is pushing it.
And of course as Apollo said Germany would not just hand over half of France, and the Empire itself would not have resources to maintain it.

Hi,

I just finished playing a 36-45 timespan game with the mod.
I chose Empress Theodora, and tried to go democratic. I tried to remain friendly with Berlin, to stay out of war (I tried to play realistically, instead powergaming. Conquering Europe with Austria is not a challenge anymore...)

First I was Paternal Autocrat, and I sent units for Nationalist Spain. Then at 1938, I went democratic, and I was able to intervane in SCW, this time on the Republican side (they lost eventually). Portugal, France, and Spain then allied with Germany, but they couldn't and on Norway.

When Germany attacked Yugoslavia, I was also attacked alright. I killed off both Turkey, Syria (when the French joined to Axis, Syria did the same), and Iraq (Axis coup), but I gave it back to the UK. With the few remaining troops in Europe, I was able to delay the Axis powers for enough time to escape to Crete. (At the beginning, I was trying to survive there). As the troops from the Middle East arrived back, I was able to hold my grounds at Istanbul. Time passed, and the static war was moved when SU was able to advance to the Balkans, and Bulgaria went communist. I got the lands back that were given to Bulgaria, and I used my ships to transfer my troops there, and try to pincer the Germans.

But the damn SU arrived there earlier, and took MY provinces, and I couldn't get it back (no demand territory, can't trade provinces through negotiations... I hope there will be a fix for it in 1.03). Eventually, the rest of Greece were liberated from Italy. By this time, Portugal and Spain were also conquered by USA, and I joined them at the edge of France, and liberated it, along with Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg, and a bit of Germany. (Everything else has fallen into Soviet hands.)

Japan was simply captured by USA. SIMPLY.

So altogether, I had fun with it. It could use some extra flavor, and afterwar treatries. On the other hand, I found the Roman Empire way more technically advanced, that was healthy. They nearly start with state of the art technology in every aspect, which makes them extremly tough opponent, especially in the hands of a human (except Gukpa). With that unreasonable General Mobilization (which gives no dissent), it is practically impossible to run out of manpower.

The AI is still stupid as a rock, guess you didn't do much for them...

Well, altogether I had fun, I would love to see an extended version of it :)

There definately should be gains against USSR in event of Axis victory though. It's annoying as hell to lose all your conquests when bitter peace fires.

This would definitely be awesome. Maybe the cacuas and crimea? or how about parts of ukraine (although i think thats pushing it :rofl:)

Nearly done with the SKIF set. I've finished all the ships and land icons, just need to finish the Roman air force (something feels wrong saying that :p). Should be able to finish in a day or two, depending on how much I decide to work on my real job.

Another short preview in the meantime.

Attachments

• gre_model_10_2.bmp
    gre_model_10_2.bmp
    11,4 KB · Views: 32
  • model_26_3.bmp
    model_26_3.bmp
    8,8 KB · Views: 41
  • gre_model_12_0.bmp
    gre_model_12_0.bmp
    8,8 KB · Views: 27
SKIF set is done. Took a little longer than expected but that's how these things go. Give them a go and tell me what you think. Should have every model starting from the earliest available up through the late 40s at least.

Would be good to put this in the OP so people know it exists.

If you notice anything wrong let me know.

Attachments

• Roman SKIF.7z
    893,5 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Thanks, I give them a try tomorrow.
Updated OP

Thanks man :D

EDIT: I very much like the icons, nothing wrong in them. Awesome work.

Last edited: